NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.J. Chark 2020 Outlook

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/18/2020 at 12:16 PM, FreakFries said:

I’ve been combing the WW and I really can’t find anyone. Considering Christian Kirk but I don’t like that either even against Dallas. 

I play non ppr which may be why I’m more down on him. What really bothers me is his targets. The whole reason I drafted Chark was for his targets and chemistry with Minshew neither of which have been present this season. The fact he went off during the last time he was injured all week makes this even more frustrating. I just hope I’m able to trade him for someone of value because I certainly can’t see trusting him for the price I drafted him (5th) ROS. 

Really hating DJ Chark right now.

Especially right now.

Chark is officially trade bait. 

38 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Especially right now.

You mentioned the targets are one of your frustrations with Chark.  He led the team with 14 targets last game.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kilo said:

You mentioned the targets are one of your frustrations with Chark.  He led the team with 14 targets last game.

Yeah, I personally can't wait to play him next week (I sat him everywhere this past one)...encouraged he came out healthy--it seems.

Tons of good matchups down the line, great upside WR2 ROS.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah, I personally can't wait to play him next week (I sat him everywhere this past one)...encouraged he came out healthy--it seems.

Isn’t next week going to be one of his worst matchups of the year? I assume he’ll be shadowed by Casey Hayward..

8 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Isn’t next week going to be one of his worst matchups of the year? I assume he’ll be shadowed by Casey Hayward..

I'll have to check the Clay column but from what I recall he plays sides and does not travel to slot. LAC OPP rank v WR is a back-end 19th (plus).

LAC defense is hurt but still very disciplined and almost erases big plays, just have to trust the volume and game script.

After the WK 8 BYE he line up HOU, GB, PIT, CLE, MIN, TEN...all very green match-ups outside of GB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I'll have to check the Clay column but from what I recall he plays sides and does not travel to slot. LAC OPP rank v WR is a back-end 19th (plus).

LAC defense is hurt but still very disciplined and almost erases big plays, just have to trust the volume and game script.

After the WK 8 BYE he line up HOU, GB, PIT, CLE, MIN, TEN...all very green match-ups outside of GB.

Well feel free to share the details in here when you get more info on the matchup. Love Chark and I’m also on the side of being very optimistic moving forward. I just get nervous with Hayward because I have always thought of him as one of the best corners in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Especially right now.

I mean Christian Kirk caught 2 passes and has caught more then 3 once this season. He has 13 receptions this season. If you want to trust that over the 14 targets that DJ Chark had this week then I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I'm excited for ROS outside of this week. I kind of want to sit him if Casey Heyward is going to shadow him.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I mean Christian Kirk caught 2 passes and has caught more then 3 once this season. He has 13 receptions this season. If you want to trust that over the 14 targets that DJ Chark had this week then I wish you the best of luck.

Not saying that. Someone asked who I’d start over Chark this week and I said I was strongly considering Kirk but couldn’t bring myself to do it largely for the reasons you just mentioned. 

The point is Chark is no more reliable than going to the waiver wire most weeks. I play non ppr so 4 catches don’t mean as much all you get is 40 yards. Corey Davis used to get a lot of targets. Never added up to anything. 

Also, most weeks Chark hasn’t gotten the targets. Targets and chemistry are why I drafted him both of which have been fleeting. 

Look, it’s entirely possible Chark has just been dinged up and can rebound. As of right now though, he’s been a bust for his ADP. In standard, he is the #32 WR with just a TD separating him from the #45 WR. 

I hope he improves because I’ve tried trading him and have been declined twice. 

As you said, he’s getting targets so hopefully it improves but there are plenty of one hit wonders in fantasy. I’ve suffered through a few and this is starting to fit that pattern. I’d rather trade out (you can’t drop him. Yet) then deal with this anymore. 

Will happily eat crow if he works out and sincerely praying he does. 

14 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

On rotowire I think it shows that Chark is only lining up in the slot 24.9% of the time thus far.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:56 AM, FreakFries said:

Not saying that. Someone asked who I’d start over Chark this week and I said I was strongly considering Kirk but couldn’t bring myself to do it largely for the reasons you just mentioned. 

The point is Chark is no more reliable than going to the waiver wire most weeks. I play non ppr so 4 catches don’t mean as much all you get is 40 yards. Corey Davis used to get a lot of targets. Never added up to anything. 

Also, most weeks Chark hasn’t gotten the targets. Targets and chemistry are why I drafted him both of which have been fleeting. 

Look, it’s entirely possible Chark has just been dinged up and can rebound. As of right now though, he’s been a bust for his ADP. In standard, he is the #32 WR with just a TD separating him from the #45 WR. 

I hope he improves because I’ve tried trading him and have been declined twice. 

As you said, he’s getting targets so hopefully it improves but there are plenty of one hit wonders in fantasy. I’ve suffered through a few and this is starting to fit that pattern. I’d rather trade out (you can’t drop him. Yet) then deal with this anymore. 

Will happily eat crow if he works out and sincerely praying he does. 

He just had FOURTEEN targets in his last game... he'll be fine. I'm more worried about the playoff matchups against the ravens and bears. If you're a playoff bound team with good depth I'd say he's trade bait, otherwise he's a hold if you need him

^^Dang, I just realized Chark's playoff schedule is awful. Baltimore and Chicago? That's rough. Other than the playoff schedule as another poster mentioned, anyone concerned about Minshew getting benched for turkey neck Glennon?? I read an article this morning where the HC was saying this was possible if Minshew doesn't step up his game. Hopefully this is just coach speak and he's trying to motivate Minshew. Otherwise, us Chark owners are F'ed.

Edited by RoseLin23
  • Haha 2

I watched the last game and Chark could've had a big day but, Minshew missed him on a couple big plays.  He completely overthrew/missed the throw to Chark for a wide open TD.  Underthrew him on a long pass that ended being an INT.  They did connect on a long pass but, the refs ruled it wasn't a catch as the defender pried it from him.  To me it looked like a catch but, anyway, he looked better than the final stat line might suggest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
On 10/20/2020 at 12:23 AM, KidDynamite420 said:

I'm excited for ROS outside of this week. I kind of want to sit him if Casey Heyward is going to shadow him.

This, with the caveat about the playoffs. It's a nice time for the bye week to come around tbh. Other than the PIttsburgh game he should be helping us into the playoffs, and then it's anybody's game.

On 10/21/2020 at 10:04 AM, RoseLin23 said:

^^Dang, I just realized Chark's playoff schedule is awful. Baltimore and Chicago? That's rough. Other than the playoff schedule as another poster mentioned, anyone concerned about Minshew getting benched for turkey neck Glennon?? I read an article this morning where the HC was saying this was possible if Minshew doesn't step up his game. Hopefully this is just coach speak and he's trying to motivate Minshew. Otherwise, us Chark owners are F'ed.

The way Minshews been throwing lately, it might actually be beneficial. Chark should've had a much bigger game on Sunday than he did due to poor throws. Glennon might come in and just pepper Chark with slightly more accuracy.

Edited by KidDynamite420

Just read the PFF article for this weeks project WR/CB matchups. They’re not projecting Hayward to shadow Chark. They referred to this matchup as a get right spot for him. Think I’m going to roll him out there and hope for the best. 

1 minute ago, FinsUp24 said:

Just read the PFF article for this weeks project WR/CB matchups. They’re not projecting Hayward to shadow Chark. They referred to this matchup as a get right spot for him. Think I’m going to roll him out there and hope for the best. 

Yeah there has been nothing that I have read that indicates Hayward is shadowing. In fact LAC has been a green (plus) matchup for WRs this year in adjusted FPA.

Plus he has been lining up more often in the slot, I maintain this is def a good spot for Chark--esp since he has been doing more at practice.

Can’t even start this dude anymore. Today’s output in a shootout was horrid.  Not sure if it’s him, Minshew, or a combo of both, but he’s killing me.  Boom or bust flex at this point and more so the latter.