Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.J. Chark 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LSUtiger said:

Can’t even start this dude anymore. Today’s output in a shootout was horrid.  Not sure if it’s him, Minshew, or a combo of both, but he’s killing me.  Boom or bust flex at this point and more so the latter. 

If you watched the game it’s clearly on Gardner. Dude is simply not a starting caliber QB. He won’t be starting next week. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

If you watched the game it’s clearly on Gardner. Dude is simply not a starting caliber QB. He won’t be starting next week. 

I did not.  Was following online and it seemed like every time he threw his way it was incomplete.  But am I supposed to feel better about his prospects with Mike Glennon?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LSUtiger said:

I did not.  Was following online and it seemed like every time he threw his way it was incomplete.  But am I supposed to feel better about his prospects with Mike Glennon?  

Who knows. It really can’t get much worse. Chark’s body language said it all on the last few incompletions. And it’s not for a lack of effort either, Chark almost hauled in one pass that was about 3 yards out of bounds, had no business even being as close as it was to a catch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Who knows. It really can’t get much worse. Chark’s body language said it all on the last few incompletions. And it’s not for a lack of effort either, Chark almost hauled in one pass that was about 3 yards out of bounds, had no business even being as close as it was to a catch.

 

I noticed the body language as well. not sure who the backup QB is, but I think Minshew Mania is done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Who knows. It really can’t get much worse. Chark’s body language said it all on the last few incompletions. And it’s not for a lack of effort either, Chark almost hauled in one pass that was about 3 yards out of bounds, had no business even being as close as it was to a catch.

He was also getting past his man on almost every single play. Minshew gets scared and starts scrambling instead of staying in the pocket. He also almost never makes the correct read. Quite frustrating as a Chark owner, then I remember at least I'm not a Jags fan. This one is out of our control, don't fret... just bench Chark going forwards until we see how Glennon plays out

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, drisser said:

The thing I don't understand is how Chark was such a beast last year with the same QB throwing to him. Has Minshew just regressed a ton since last year? 

He didn't get worse. He just didn't get better. Defenses studied him and figured out his weakness. He can't adjust. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On my bench until Chark can produce consistently. I had high hopes Chark could be a low WR1/high WR2 this year but I didn't realize the QB play was going to be this pathetic. Reminds me of when Robinson was here trying to catch wobbling ducks from Broke Bortles.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No way I'm starting him until there is consistency....which probably isn't going to happen this year. Minshew blows, the Jags offense blows. 

Chark is #3 on the Jags in receiving yards behind Keelan Cole and Shenault. 

Edited by MurderInc
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smash10033 said:

The only thing saving Chark is Fitzmagic....   Minshew looks awful throwing to Chark. 

 

3 hours ago, SnickSnack said:

It would be fitting if Fitz just stayed in Florida again.  He was in Tampa from 2017-2018 and now Miami 2019 until now.  

Jacksonville has been in this place of selling off or getting rid of pieces for a while. The overall team depth is stripped and the talent level is low in several spots. This was probably the overlooked risk in Chark. There are other highly drafted players you could probably same the same for. To go after Ryan Fitzpatrick wouldn't really sync up with whatever it is the franchise is trying to achieve by stripping itself of pieces. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Minshew, for some reason only misses Chark. Look at the targets to receptions for all the other guys. Great catch percentage.

Did anyone see the dime he hit Conley with for the TD? Dude can get lucky

 

FTFY

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 5:06 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

Jags desperately need Fitzmagic

Damn I'd love if the Jags got Fitzmagic. With OBJ out Chark is now my WR1. I just hope they do it before the Cowboys get him because we all know Fitzmagic would make them relevant again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm done drafting position players with experimental qbs... From now on if he doesn't have an established vet qb throwing or handing him the ball I'm not touching him. Minshew is garbage. Chark is done... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

 

Jacksonville has been in this place of selling off or getting rid of pieces for a while. The overall team depth is stripped and the talent level is low in several spots. This was probably the overlooked risk in Chark. There are other highly drafted players you could probably same the same for. To go after Ryan Fitzpatrick wouldn't really sync up with whatever it is the franchise is trying to achieve by stripping itself of pieces. 

Maybe a play for Matty Ice in the off-season? That would take Chark through the roof.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...