NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.J. Chark 2020 Outlook

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, yung_fetty said:

He's in my lineup but I'm not confident... at all.

Yeah it's not a great recipe this week, new QB and then Roby shadowing him--Roby has shadowed in all six of his full games this season, and that includes a showdown with Chark in Week 5. In that game, Roby aligned across from Chark on 28 of his 33 routes, including all 24 perimeter routes and four of nine in the slot. Chark was held to a 3-16-0 receiving line on four targets in the game and only two catches for 5 yards came against Roby.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

interesting take.. so would you start a WR like Juju over him this week?

Yeah. I am pulling him for Mooney...so that should tell you about what I am expecting out of Chark this week. I am still optimistic about the rest of season, but not this week.

37 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

Roby is out for HOU, so I feel much better about rolling the dice on Chark now. 

Agreed, was going to go with Beasley, but with Brown apparently healed up and NO Robey Clark should have some numbers even if its garbage time

2 hours ago, LSUtiger said:

Thanks for this info makes it a more painful discussion now. [...] No Roby adds a new dynamic 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
20 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Playing him is a dart throw, even with Roby out. Hopefully Luton shows something this week and Chark can have a solid performance. 

Luton is more a short thrower. I'm looking to start Shenault.

33 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Playing him is a dart throw, even with Roby out. Hopefully Luton shows something this week and Chark can have a solid performance. 

Certainly is a dart throw, but one that actually improved to a worthwhile attempt at least now with a far lesser CB covering him, and a likely positive gamescript.

With Roby out I'm firing him up in my flex this week. Before we had two factors to worry about...a rookie QB and a bad CB matchup with Roby. Now with the matchup and gamescript looking favorable, he should be able to post a decent day as long as Luton can throw some catchable balls, and I expect the target volume to be there.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, fourlees said:

Agreed, was going to go with Beasley, but with Brown apparently healed up and NO Robey Clark should have some numbers even if its garbage time

I’m in exactly the same position. Just feels like Beasley will get his anyway against the Seahawks, while we just have no idea what Chark’s game is going to look like today.

14 minutes ago, matanp said:

[...] Do we think he can sustain todays output?

More important than the output is the target share. The Texans stink so don't expect 140 yards every week but if Luton continues to force balls his way ROS it should be a very nice high floor finishing stretch. 

• Like 1
On 11/4/2020 at 9:42 AM, LSUtiger said:

Chark is Fabiano’s “sit of the week” - fire him up boys! 

This aged well... didn't get to watch Luton all game, but it seems like he favors Chark (as he should!) and can throw deep. Chark bout to eat ROS. Glad i fired him up this week!

On 11/7/2020 at 2:29 PM, LSUtiger said:

Thanks for this info. It pushed me into starting him and it worked out beautifully.

3 hours ago, scheibler said:

If jaire alexander is out next week Chark will be online for another great matchup

Thanks for this tip. I have to keep an eye out on Alexander's injury status now