NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.J. Chark 2020 Outlook

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, 3FLi said:

Wondering how much Shenault getting knocked out early played into things

Probably not much.  True #1 WRs do not have their targets significantly decreased by the presence of other "mouths to feed."  And Chark is a legitimate alpha dog.

• Like 1

Watched the whole game. He was Luton's first read basically every time. Clear alpha dog in this offense, got a red zone target which was underthrown. Luton does have a cannon but he is inaccurate at times/locks onto wrs and has a bortle like windup when he throws. This is gonna cause some picks.  That being said he has some good match ups sprinkled in and I would like to see how he does, though his playoff schedule is garbage. The jags def is also awful so they will be throwing 40 times per game. 

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, TonyRomo said:

In a Hard Knocks episode this year, Herbert told Keenan Allen ‘my job is to get you the ball”. I meant Chark will be peppered with targets

Yes, but who is Allen on the Jaguars?

3 minutes ago, smash10033 said:

What is the status of Luton ?   Is he now the starter or will Minshew return and crush our dreams ????

Good amount of a chatter that Minshew’s injury was just a way to make him the fall guy for their struggles and an easy out to bench him. It’s pretty unlikely they go back to him in a lost season when they can see what they have in Luton.

1 hour ago, smash10033 said:

What is the status of Luton ?   Is he now the starter or will Minshew return and crush our dreams ????

I don’t see how they go back to Gardner, at least not right now. Luton would have to completely implode. And even then I’m not even sure that they wouldn’t just throw in Glennon. 

• Like 1

Texans D blows. They make everyone look great. Then our best CB, who is average at best missed the game too. 

You obviously have to be encouraged by this performance, but I don't expect this to be repeated. 

Not saying to bench or anything stupid, just saying 100 yards and a score might be tougher sledding moving forward. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

38 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I hope he's back for good, and gets peppered like that normally...but this week, if Alexander goes for GB, he is an auto sit for me.

https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/

Jaire Did not practice today, still in concussion protocol, doubtful he plays Sunday. Kevin King, their 2nd string was limited with a quad injury, so he is probably questionable for Sunday. Chark will not have a tough CB matchup this weekend with no Jaire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Jaire Did not practice today, still in concussion protocol, doubtful he plays Sunday. Kevin King, their 2nd string was limited with a quad injury, so he is probably questionable for Sunday. Chark will not have a tough CB matchup this weekend with no Jaire.

thanks for this. Been keeping an eye on Jaire Alexander all week looking for new blurbs but this is a way better way to keep track to see if he plays. If he plays, I'm going to pivot to Jeudy or Higgins.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

What makes you say doubtful? By sunday it will be 11 days since he got the concussion. 

Conservative medical staff will hold out their #1 lockdown corner for sure. 

Good that he plays in the noon slot as I believe they moved a lot more games to the late time frame. Probably due to the masters being played would be my guess. The masters Sunday will far outperform the nfl on Sunday as being viewed. Personally, I would still want early time frames unless they move tee times up.