Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

D.J. Chark 2020 Outlook


Boudewijn
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, paulwall29 said:

 

Except that last week didn't have the severe weather variable. Look at what happened in the Brown/Raiders game last week. That is much more representative of the conditions for the Jags today.

U Sittin' Sidewayz & Drivin' Slow, homie... while everybody else standing up ALL HANDS ON DECK on this revving HYPE TRAIN

This is RW Forums, Paul

Don't regret this, Wall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I see 24 MPH winds, no rain, not THAT cold. They will be behind, shenault out, there 2 best corners out, and Luton loves him. I am not expecting another 75 yard bomb, but 10 plus targets for like 7-95 not bad imo. 

 

It's 38 degrees but feels like 22 (that's cold), 25 MPH winds (which means it's that level of wind constantly) with 40 MPH gusts. It's expected that there will be light rain mixed with snow during the game. That's all very bad for the passing game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

 

It's 38 degrees but feels like 22 (that's cold), 25 MPH winds (which means it's that level of wind constantly) with 40 MPH gusts. It's expected that there will be light rain mixed with snow during the game. That's all very bad for the passing game.

From Game Day Weather 2020 Thread, courtesy of @Bugs bunny:

Quote

I wouldn’t worry about the GreenBay game. Our stadium is below ground and with our renovation that raised the height of the stands all around the stadium it is essentially a bowl now. Half underground and half above ground. Really only the kickers need to contend with the winds nowadays. Don’t get me wrong there’s still wind factors it’s just not the frozen windy tundra of the past anymore. 

With Bugs' track record of unbiased takes & nuanced knowledge as a local, I am still personally starting Chark

Good looks Bugs🤜 🤛

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Evilbooyaa said:

Steelers are burnable on back end (see Tee Higgins last week), but anyone considering benching for other good WR options given 6th round rookie having to face Blitzburgh?

[...] I foresee another outing like last week for Chark, unless he and Lutton connect on a deep ball...
 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Evilbooyaa said:

Steelers are burnable on back end (see Tee Higgins last week), but anyone considering benching for other good WR options given 6th round rookie having to face Blitzburgh?

 

I've been rotating Chark and D.J. Moore each week and just inserted Moore into this week's line-up in place of Chark.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a great matchup--more from the angle that Jac might not be able to keep the Pit D off the QB long enough to find bigger plays downfield.

My other options are not world beaters, so it is tough to bench a possible target monster in a good game script setup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Not a great matchup--more from the angle that Jac might not be able to keep the Pit D off the QB long enough to find bigger plays downfield.

My other options are not world beaters, so it is tough to bench a possible target monster in a good game script setup.

It's a certainty that Chark will get past the safeties on at least a few go routes. Nobody knows if the QB will be able to get the ball there. You saw the connection game 1. Last week Chark was wide open on a go route and the rook just couldn't get the time to set his feet. 

The ceiling here is so high that there's no way I'd bench for any WR3/4 fringe guys. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tatddy said:

It's a certainty that Chark will get past the safeties on at least a few go routes. Nobody knows if the QB will be able to get the ball there. You saw the connection game 1. Last week Chark was wide open on a go route and the rook just couldn't get the time to set his feet. 

The ceiling here is so high that there's no way I'd bench for any WR3/4 fringe guys. 

He had Chark last week for a TD but under threw it. Winds were crazy in GB last week though so maybe that had an effect. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said Mike Glennon will start Week 12 against the Browns.

Glennon will replace Jake Luton after Luton threw four interceptions in a loss to the Steelers last week.  Gardner Minshew (thumb) isn't ready to return, clearing the way for Glennon to start. The move to Glennon is surprising for a one-win Jaguars team. 30-year-old Glennon is a journeyman with a career 60% completion percentage. This will likely be a one-week spot start for Glennon

 

No way I'm starting Chark with turkey neck Glennon getting the start smh. What a lost season for Chark, especially when you look at his playoff schedule. I thought I got a steal in the 5th w/this cat. I had a good feeling he had a chance to be a WR1. I understand it's not all on Chark however, the QB play has been horrendous.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

What a lost season for Chark, especially when you look at his playoff schedule. I thought I got a steal in the 5th w/this cat. I had a good feeling he had a chance to be a WR1. I understand it's not all


He’ll be a steal next year when Justin Fields is his QB and he’s dropped a couple of rounds because of this year’s trainwreck. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2020 at 1:20 PM, drisser said:

Lost season for this guy. Luton is terrible, Minshew is terrible, love his talent but he is a DND for me unless Jax takes serious steps to improve their WB situation.

 

"Lost season" is a bit harsh.  His ADP according to Fantasy Pros was WR26.  On a per game basis he's around WR33 or something like that.  If you drafted him as a 3rd WR or a flex type play he's been somewhat disappointing but hardly a bust pick.

Edit: Some guys drafted around him in ADP?  T.Y. Hilton, A.J. Green, Jarvis Landry, and Marquise Brown.  Now those are busts.

Edited by KennyWoo
Was inspired to add something that added to the initial brilliance of the post
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2020 at 10:25 AM, RoseLin23 said:

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said Mike Glennon will start Week 12 against the Browns.

Glennon will replace Jake Luton after Luton threw four interceptions in a loss to the Steelers last week.  Gardner Minshew (thumb) isn't ready to return, clearing the way for Glennon to start. The move to Glennon is surprising for a one-win Jaguars team. 30-year-old Glennon is a journeyman with a career 60% completion percentage. This will likely be a one-week spot start for Glennon

 

No way I'm starting Chark with turkey neck Glennon getting the start smh. What a lost season for Chark, especially when you look at his playoff schedule. I thought I got a steal in the 5th w/this cat. I had a good feeling he had a chance to be a WR1. I understand it's not all on Chark however, the QB play has been horrendous.

Turkey neck Glennon😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

At this point is Chark droppable? Matchup with MIN next week is nice, but we confident enough to play him against TEN/BAL/CHI during the playoffs?

I just dropped Chark after finding out he was out. This year is a lost cause for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...