Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.J. Chark 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

At this point is Chark droppable? Matchup with MIN next week is nice, but we confident enough to play him against TEN/BAL/CHI during the playoffs?


All depends on league size and bench size. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

At this point is Chark droppable? Matchup with MIN next week is nice, but we confident enough to play him against TEN/BAL/CHI during the playoffs?

I'm keeping him for the Minnesota and Tennessee games. If I make it through both of those I'll probably find another WR to start for Bal and Chi games. Like most WR3s he's startable in the right matchup and benchable in bad matchups. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2020 at 12:00 PM, KennyWoo said:

 

"Lost season" is a bit harsh.  His ADP according to Fantasy Pros was WR26.  On a per game basis he's around WR33 or something like that.  If you drafted him as a 3rd WR or a flex type play he's been somewhat disappointing but hardly a bust pick.

Edit: Some guys drafted around him in ADP?  T.Y. Hilton, A.J. Green, Jarvis Landry, and Marquise Brown.  Now those are busts.

I agree with this. If you were looking for a set and forget starter he's not even close to that (but then only about a dozen WRs are) but if you drafted more than 3 WRs and played the matchups and didn't start him during most of his duds and got in on his good weeks he's been alright. I think I've only started him a few times and two times were his two boom weeks so he's actually probably helped my team more than hurt it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like he’ll get in a limited practice today ahead of a great matchup @ MIN. Glennon whipped it around pretty good last week.  May take a shot on Chark this week if he’s back. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

No injury designation going into this weekend. 


Yep, I’m rolling him out. Dome game so no weather concerns, good matchup, etc. Going down with the ship here. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MurderInc said:

If you picked Chark up this week, send him straight back to the WW. He's not someone you want in your lineup in the playoffs.

He's playing against the Titans terrible secondary in week 14. In 12 team standard league that's enough to make the cut as my last starter. I won't play him against Baltimore or Chicago but when you get past the dozen or so set and forget WRs, most of the WR3 types are matchup dependent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

He's playing against the Titans terrible secondary in week 14. In 12 team standard league that's enough to make the cut as my last starter. I won't play him against Baltimore or Chicago but when you get past the dozen or so set and forget WRs, most of the WR3 types are matchup dependent. 

Chark's matchup on Sunday against the Vikings was extremely favorable and he laid a dud. I'd advise starting him unless you're desperate. Chark's about 20% boom and 80% bust. There's no one worth starting on the Jaguars outside of James Robinson. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy gets about the worst quality of targets in the NFL...Glennon at least threw a lot of deep passes. Hopefully it clicks this coming week with more practice time, I think he is worth a shot, but I do not have many other exciting pivots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

The guy gets about the worst quality of targets in the NFL...Glennon at least threw a lot of deep passes. Hopefully it clicks this coming week with more practice time, I think he is worth a shot, but I do not have many other exciting pivots.

I think he is hurt more than anyone else in the league in terms of erratic QB play. I didn’t watch the entire game but I saw some plays late. He was wide open and glennon completely missed him leading to a pick and the game.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, dsrich said:

I think he is hurt more than anyone else in the league in terms of erratic QB play. I didn’t watch the entire game but I saw some plays late. He was wide open and glennon completely missed him leading to a pick and the game.

 

I know exactly the play youre talking about and it seemed a little miscommunication is where Glennon was trying to lead Chark upfield, but the throw was just bad. I think Robinson is the only fantasy option here thats worth starting

Link to post
Share on other sites

The problems against Vikes were pretty much all on Glennon, right? I mean Glennon was able to hit Johnson, so it doesn't seem that far fetched that Chark can come through against the Titans. Obviously risky but Chark has a high ceiling with some decent QB play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, Minshew was named starter. Does that make Chark playable at all, even against Balmer? Or is this guy done for fantasy teams ROS? My WR corps is craptastic right now with Julio always hurt, Diontae forgetting to use stickem, Boyd losing Burrow, and Chark losing any semblance of what made him good last year. So, I may actually have to consider running this guy out there...barf. 

Edited by Flyman75
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Smith ruled out and Peters questionable. Anyone thinking about flexing him if Peters sits? Targets have been there, Minshew back (for whatever that's worth) and Jags will have to throw a ton. And, yes, I understand he has sucked this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paulwall29 said:

Jimmy Smith ruled out and Peters questionable. Anyone thinking about flexing him if Peters sits? Targets have been there, Minshew back (for whatever that's worth) and Jags will have to throw a ton. And, yes, I understand he has sucked this year.


I’m thinking I’m going to run him out there. Minchew is going to try to prove he can be their QB, even though we know he’ll be the backup next year. He and Minchew do have good chemistry (or at least better chemistry)...Ravens coming off tough, emotional win over a rival and a short week...Smith out, Peters banged up...Cleveland’s pass game balled out against Baltimore. I won’t be surprised to see Chark finish the season on a strong note if Minchew can stay on the field, and I think he may surprise this week. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...