NBC Sports EDGE Forums

D.J. Chark 2020 Outlook

Boudewijn

He's also my WR2 behind Michael Thomas.  I wanted McLaurin but he was taken just before my pick so Chark was my 2nd choice.  Chark had good chemistry with Minshew so, I hope the stick with him at QB.  With the Jags being in a lot of negative game scripts and scant RB talent, they should have to throw a ton so hopefully that means fantasy gold for the alpha WR on this team.

5 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

In those circumstances, Snell and Edmonds are a wash. My comeback would be that since that's the case, if he's driving the trade he needs to provide slightly more value than you in the extras. You drafted Chark in the top of the 6th so he needs to be offering you at the very least whoever he picked in the 6th round. He probably got Green in the 8th at the earliest. If you like his 5th round pick, maybe suggest that instead.

haha yeah so I got Chark at 6.03 and he took AJ Green at 6.07. 

Then he took Chase at 12.07 and I took Snell at 15.08. 

So from the strictly pick perspective, he'd be giving up a bit more. 

But yeah, while I would consider moving Chark, I'd want more than Green back, who I'm not real high on, so turned down the trade. I countered Snell for Pollard who he got a round earlier and is likely a more valuable asset, but yeah, holding Chark for sure.

25 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

haha yeah so I got Chark at 6.03 and he took AJ Green at 6.07. 

Then he took Chase at 12.07 and I took Snell at 15.08. 

So from the strictly pick perspective, he'd be giving up a bit more. 

But yeah, while I would consider moving Chark, I'd want more than Green back, who I'm not real high on, so turned down the trade. I countered Snell for Pollard who he got a round earlier and is likely a more valuable asset, but yeah, holding Chark for sure.

Wow, he took Green in the 6th round of a 10-teamer? That's...ambitious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, brosephd said:

thoughts on him?

Low volume passing game in general for Jacksonville. Only ran 47 plays, Colts ran 69. Minshew only threw it 20 times. Hard to judge off such a low sample size.

Expect better days, nothing super promising, but nothing extraordinarily disappointing either. Just happy he scored today.

8 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

This is pretty much Chark's floor. He is a TD bandit and is still the alpha dog on a team that will be throwing much more than they did today. Had him as a FA pickup last year, will miss those reliable TD's. Blow up games are around the corner...

From one dog to another, i hope you are right.

• Like 1

I think that Laviska TD was big. Chark really needs a #2 to take some of the focus off of him. I think having Laviska emerging as a field-stretching threat, will command a lot more attention from the safeties, and allow Chark to shine. At least that's my hope. I have Robinson who's sketching me out, so I'd love Chark to be my WR2 this year. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 5:26 PM, next big thing cp84 said:

Low volume passing game in general for Jacksonville. Only ran 47 plays, Colts ran 69. Minshew only threw it 20 times. Hard to judge off such a low sample size.

Expect better days, nothing super promising, but nothing extraordinarily disappointing either. Just happy he scored today.

Out of curiosity, why do you say "nothing super promising" with Chark? 

2 minutes ago, archer2016 said:

Thoughts on Chark this weekend? Minshew was playing conservative the whole game, thoughts on their gameplan going forward?

Chark will receive most of the defense's attention every week. It's up to the other offense players to make them pay, which they did last week. If Chark's teammates can keep this up he should be an every week set and forget. 

7 hours ago, archer2016 said:

Thoughts on Chark this weekend? Minshew was playing conservative the whole game, thoughts on their gameplan going forward?

West Coast ball control short passing game for eternity or ROS. Jags ran the fewest plays of any team WK1. Expect this game of keep away to be their go to scheme unless they give up a few quick scores early in a game and they are forced to pass to catch up. Chark will still have a strong WR2/WR3 type season, solid dd floor, but I expect his ceiling will be capped due to volume issues. 

• Thanks 1

3 targets last week, but ppl chalked it up to minshews low pass attempts...

but 4 targets this week on 45 throws?  Minshew just does NOT look his way for some odd reason, even though hes caught 100% of his targets.  Time to ride the pine until something changes.

2 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

3 targets last week, but ppl chalked it up to minshews low pass attempts...

but 4 targets this week on 45 throws?  Minshew just does NOT look his way for some odd reason, even though hes caught 100% of his targets.  Time to ride the pine until something changes.

Could’ve done a lot worse, like starting Aj Green over him.