NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.J. Chark 2020 Outlook

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, kidsgotsoul said:

@jagsfan05 Any thoughts on him? I think Cole is making owners a little anxious. He looks great in the highlights I've seen but I personally haven't had the context of seeing the entire games in either week. 

Chark is an elite talent. He gets double coverage must weeks. One of Cole's TD this year he is wide open and Chark has 2 dbs on him in the middle of the endzone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

@jagsfan05 Any thoughts on him? I think Cole is making owners a little anxious. He looks great in the highlights I've seen but I personally haven't had the context of seeing the entire games in either week. 

Thanks for the tag and for valuing my opinion. I'm not worried about Chark...he is starting to draw more attention after his year last year. But also, Gruden is running our offense much better and allowing our WR, including Cole, to get open.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

Hopefully defenses will stop focusing on Chark after Minshew has torn it up spreading the ball around. If that has indeed been the issue. 

That is the issue. He was seeing bracket coverage last year too after he emerged. He should start seeing more looks since the jags have been running well and spreading the ball around. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

You’re kidding?! I may have literally no WRs standing in one of my leagues.

I wish I was. Got a notification in yahoo with a Q tag... googled him and CBS had the news.. not alot of detail but on a short week this isn't great.

On 9/20/2020 at 4:42 PM, cheezor42 said:

Cole is the WR to own in this offense it seems 

I dunno. Its a two game sample and I think I'd still rather have the upside of the player averaging around 16 yards a reception than the one averaging 9. At least in standard league. Maybe its closer in ppr.

12 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

only two ways to look at this:

1) yuuuuge positive regression incoming. 

2) yuuuuuuge bust season incoming. 

no middle ground, imo. 

🤔

Well, the good news is he’s still being highly efficient with the targets he is getting. I think he’ll be just fine. While he may not ever be a target monster, I think we’ll see them rise into the 6-8 range in the coming weeks for most games. I feel like he has a solid game tomorrow night.