James Conner 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Conner after seeing Snell's week one stat line

I don’t think I’d describe a cancer survivor who came back to play football a pussy but that’s just me. 

Posted Images

23 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

Hmmm.. starting to wonder if he got benched for mouthing off and the "ankle" was just to cover it up.  This backfield is gonna be a mess and I regret having part of it.

53 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

What street did you hear that on?

Link please?

I trust Chao. Also On the game day thread some body also noticed he was yelling at a teammate and stomping his feet on the sidelines. Can’t remember who the OP was though. 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

I trust Chao. Also On the game day thread some body also noticed he was yelling at a teammate and stomping his feet on the sidelines. Can’t remember who the OP was though. 

i posted about that that in the game day thread. He got popped behind the line (again) and got up and was yelling something at the sidelines. He looked pissed. I can't say if it was immediately after that he stopped getting playing time but it was somewhere around there. I also remember right around that time somebody remarked in the thread that all of his runs were coming in incredibly obvious situations and the Giants were keying on that. He'd been dropped behind the line a few times at that point. 

After his "injury" they showed him multiple times on the sideline pacing, hopping up and down, and standing with teammates watching the game with has hands on his knees. At no point did he seem to be limping or favoring one side. 

One worrisome thing, if he's not injured--the coaches think Snell is close enough to him as a talent they were willing to bench their "bell cow" for most of a game because he mouthed off. If he's injured, it's bad. If he's not injured, I think it's maybe still bad. Can't trade the guy cause he has no trade value, can't drop him because he might still beast. Holding him sucks because there's a chance he's either injured or now in RBBC and he's taking up a roster spot and preventing you from making moves early in the season, when the most important moves are often made. 

Edited by yossarian
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, yossarian said:

i posted about that that in the game day thread. He got popped behind the line (again) and got up and was yelling something at the sidelines. He looked pissed. I can't say if it was immediately after that he stopped getting playing time but it was somewhere around there. I also remember right around that time somebody remarked in the thread that all of his runs were coming in incredibly obvious situations and the Giants were keying on that. He'd been dropped behind the line a few times at that point. 

After his "injury" they showed him multiple times on the sideline pacing, hopping up and down, and standing with teammates watching the game with has hands on his knees. At no point did he seem to be limping or favoring one side. 

One worrisome thing, if he's not injured--the coaches think Snell is close enough to him as a talent they were willing to bench their "bell cow" for most of a game because he mouthed off. If he's injured, it's bad. If he's not injured, I think it's maybe still bad. Can't trade the guy cause he has no trade value, can't drop him because he might still beast. Holding him sucks because there's a chance he's either injured or now in RBBC and he's taking up a roster spot and preventing you from making moves early in the season, when the most important moves are often made. 

Yeah I am with you on this theory. He was 100% chirping at the sidelines after getting hit in the backfield for like the 4th time.

I think he was/is really feeling the pressure. He knows it's a make or break year, and he also knows Snell looks primed to usurp him.

Tomlin was sending a message, but I also think he will prob go back to him...regardless, this is a pain in the a$$ guessing game currently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Conner had every right to be pissed.  He was getting blasted on sh*t plays.  He got pissed and benched, but his gripes were legit. 

Staff will realize their mistake and feel bad for benching him.  They will apologize by making him bellcow ROS.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Yea if this truly was a disciplinary benching, I think we’ll be fine moving forward. Based on everything I’ve seen, Conner seems like a good guy and he’s had the unwavering support of the coaching staff to this point. In a contract year, Conner has to understand that it’s in his best interest to resolve any disputes and move forward. With Tomlin’s history of diva’s ruining the team, I understand any poor behavior being met with a firm hand. Today’s practice report should be very telling. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

With Tomlin’s history of diva’s ruining the team,

aysfkm?

it should RUNNING THE TEAM, not ruining. 

matter of fact, perhsps the biggest dbag diva of all, Ben Slobbo, has been given free rein for years ... he's an absolute thot waffle, and he walks all over Teflon Tomlin (aka "Motel 6 Mike").

we also had AB, Bell, Santonio, Harrison, etc ... all in same situations, and wildly undisciplined both on and off the field, especially in the locker room. 

for a coach who's supposedly so "tough" and "respected" he sure does get clowned a bunch by his own cotdamn players 🤡

it shows me a lack of leadership, a lack of trust. 

a highly tenured (14 yrs), sb winning coach should never be subject to this kinda chicanery ... but he is, because he abides it ... it's not the players, it's HIM.

he is the post turtle 🐢 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

Classic foot stomp hurt his ankle... dude was being a baby.. got sat in the corner... snell haters didn't see this evidently 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Cleanface said:

I think Conner had every right to be pissed.  He was getting blasted on sh*t plays.  He got pissed and benched, but his gripes were legit. 

Staff will realize their mistake and feel bad for benching him.  They will apologize by making him bellcow ROS.  

If he balls out.

I think it's probably something of an open competition now.

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

aysfkm?

it should RUNNING THE TEAM, not ruining. 

matter of fact, perhsps the biggest dbag diva of all, Ben Slobbo, has been given free rein for years ... he's an absolute thot waffle, and he walks all over Teflon Tomlin (aka "Motel 6 Mike").

we also had AB, Bell, Santonio, Harrison, etc ... all in same situations, and wildly undisciplined both on and off the field, especially in the locker room. 

for a coach who's supposedly so "tough" and "respected" he sure does get clowned a bunch by his own cotdamn players 🤡

it shows me a lack of leadership, a lack of trust. 

a highly tenured (14 yrs), sb winning coach should never be subject to this kinda chicanery ... but he is, because he abides it ... it's not the players, it's HIM.

he is the post turtle 🐢 

There's a clear hierarchy in Pittsburgh. 

Ben's the general out there.  He doesn't get disciplined publicly.

Antonio Brown was a superstar. They put up with his BS to an extent, because he was a superstar, but he has even been disciplined and then discarded.

I think Conner will be ok if he checks himself and performs, but it looks like he just got told that he doesn't rank as high as he thinks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/steelers-james-conner-unable-to-practice-wednesday-450765/

relax with the RIP.. but i still say he should sit this Sunday. Give the ankle a full two weeks of healing. not a favorable matchup anyway

his job might be gone by then if Snell performes in these, as said, bad matchups tho..........