James Conner 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Conner after seeing Snell's week one stat line

I don’t think I’d describe a cancer survivor who came back to play football a pussy but that’s just me. 

Posted Images

This guy has been a disappointment all year and never got it going after the first “bye”. 

now, the game vs the Steelers will probably get cancelled and moved back again. The Steelers really getting screwed by COVID. 

I have no idea how FF will work if they push this game back further than Tuesday. FF playoffs coming soon and they will need to figure something. 

Monday a side note, if this guy is in Pittsburgh next year, he is on my DND list anyways 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

This guy has been a disappointment all year and never got it going after the first “bye”. 

now, the game vs the Ravens will probably get cancelled and moved back again. The Steelers really getting screwed by COVID. 

I have no idea how FF will work if they push this game back further than Tuesday. FF playoffs coming soon and they will need to figure something. 

on a side note, if this guy is in Pittsburgh next year, he is on my DND list anyways 

Edited by PackerBacker555

I agree Conner has been a disappointment, but let's not forget it is not because he has been given all these opportunities and not delivered.  Pitts for the past few weeks has decided to mostly go empty backfield and not even given the impression they want to run, passing on almost every down even in 1st and goal.  As others have mentioned on this board Pitts is undefeated so they are unlikely to change their current offensive scheme.  Weird thing is even when they have had a good lead they still don't seem to run mostly and continue to pass.  So be it, glad I started Gibson over Conner this weekend.   

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

[...] not sure if I'll risk starting Conner for the Tuesday game because there's also a good chance it could be cancelled.  He isn't a great play anyway this week because Baltimore has a stout run defense.

Thinking the exact same thing.  I just moved him to my flex spot but will likely bench him

24 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

Thinking the exact same thing.  I just moved him to my flex spot but will likely bench him

Ditto.

Can't risk it. Which means a) the game will be played, and b) Conner has his best game in weeks and gets all the goaline carries. It will happen.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Snell or Macfarland?

Neither?

I don't think the game gets played this week and then it's a tough WSH DST next week. Snell hasn't looked good since week 1, McFarland is smaller and hasn't played much, and Pit seems inclined to chuck it 50 times every game.  I think I'll let this be someone else's headache.

Edited by ColoWrex
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Neither?

I don't think the game gets played this week and then it's a tough WSH DST next week. Snell hasn't looked good since week 1, McFarland is smaller and hasn't played much, and Pit seems inclined to chuck it 50 times every game.  I think I'll let this be someone else's headache.

Good point. 

Although now watch with Conner out PIT goes from a pass happy team to pounding the rock with Snell/McFarland.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Can we stop taking the lazy way out by saying neither back-up as value and think critically?  Some people have multiple players out with covid.  What was an RB3 in 2019 is a solid RB2 over the next few weeks.  Snell was fed week 1,  McFarland might has some dark horse upside especially in PPR.  Conner was a cancer survivor and they might be more precautious with his recovery, so the guy who ends up winning this might start for people in the playoffs.

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, sillylung said:

I wonder if the positive test could potentially derail his season because he has pre-existing health conditions with beating cancer.

im more concerned that it will derail his life. shoulda opted out .. sorry....

• Like 2
Just now, FantasyGuru24 said:

Lol .. yeah who knows. This virus is running wild right now. I think the sports guys are actually more protected than every day people 

Nobodys protected without masks.