NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Conner 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Weren't those first two games ages ago? Feel like they were a different offense the first three games.

No, one of Snell's good games was against the Ravens Week 12.

2 hours ago, atdharris said:

Ben no longer checks it down to Conner as he did in 2018.

That's very interesting.  They have so many good WRs now that what you say makes sense.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Conner after seeing Snell's week one stat line

I don’t think I’d describe a cancer survivor who came back to play football a pussy but that’s just me. 

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Andy Mick said:

Even the hope of a short TD run is damped by the Steelers incessant use of Snell as the short down-goal line back. I don't see much upside for Conner going forward. I want to be wrong, though.

After Snell got repeatedly stuffed last week, including on 4th and 1, I’ll be surprised if they use him on the goal line this week.

I’m starting Conner this week.  Pitt has too many reasons to use him after their first loss of the season, the offense is good, the matchup is good, and I’d rather lose it with Conner than an equally uncertain option like Antonio Brown or CEH.  

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

I am starting over Dobbins in a non ppr. 

I am rolling with him. Confidence is shaky with him though just cause of the situation(pass heavy offense). FWIW I am starting Conner over Duke, Hines, and Gio. At this point I just hope JC hits his projection, anything more is gravy.

1 hour ago, Brettg57 said:

I am rolling with him. Confidence is shaky with him though just cause of the situation(pass heavy offense). FWIW I am starting Conner over Duke, Hines, and Gio. At this point I just hope JC hits his projection, anything more is gravy.

Ideally I would start Dobbins but it’s seems like it’s going to be a ridiculous committee with limited pass game work due to Lamar always running. 

With the struggles on offense in recent weeks, you have to think Pitt attempts to re-establish the run. Buff has been better vs the run, but still very susceptible to play action. 

I can see a 100 total yard, 1 TD game for Connor. Seen him ranked around 18-20 by most tours which seems about right 

1 hour ago, roughnecker101 said:

I believe they want to get Conner going. But it just feels like Ben and Josh primetime shoot out most likely

This is my worry as well.

They went NO RB for an entire half against the Cowboys. 

The freaking Cowboys. 

This guy has certainly been disappointing this year, whether it be ineffectiveness, the pass happy offense, injury, and Covid. But I’m not going to get booted out of the first week of the playoffs with him on my bench while I start some waiver RB who doesn’t have as much talent and only perhaps has opportunity. Connor should have the backfield mainly to himself. Snell and McFarland have shown nothing special while he was out. So he’s being written in with permanent Sharpie and I’ll go down with the ship if I have to.

8 minutes ago, CooL said:

This guy has certainly been disappointing this year, whether it be ineffectiveness, the pass happy offense, injury, and Covid. But I’m not going to get booted out of the first week of the playoffs with him on my bench while I start some waiver RB who doesn’t have as much talent and only perhaps has opportunity. Connor should have the backfield mainly to himself. Snell and McFarland have shown nothing special while he was out. So he’s being written in with permanent Sharpie and I’ll go down with the ship if I have to.

I just can't do it anymore. If I had no other options I would but I feel I have better options right now. 

download (2).jpeg

Edited by FantasyGeek2018

You’d have to think the Steelers will look to run more this week to keep Allen off the field as much as possible. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1

I think the Steelers are what they are at this point. They throw it 40-50 times a game, run it maybe 15 times, and Snell (for some stupid damn reason) gets most of the goal line touches. I'm not sure why they moved away from the more balanced offense from earlier in the season when Conner was more productive but...they did. They've been doing this for...over 2 months now. I know they finally lost a game, and I'd hope that'd make them change their offensive tendencies but I just don't trust that it will.

Pouncy being back is a good thing though. 

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Certainly does not hurt that Pouncey has been cleared and will play.

I had no idea Pouncey was ever out.

Pouncey was first placed on the list in the hours before the Steelers' Dec. 2 kickoff against the Baltimore Ravens, and he remained on the list through Monday's loss to Washington.

In the two games without Pouncey -- when the team was also missing starting running back James Conner -- Pittsburgh's run game struggled mightily. The Steelers averaged 2.6 yards per carry in the past two games, and their lack of physicality was evident. Without Pouncey, the offensive line couldn't get much push, and as a result, the running backs struggled to move the ball.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30497629/pittsburgh-steelers-activate-c-maurkice-pouncey-reserve-covid-19-list

• Like 1