James Conner 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Conner after seeing Snell's week one stat line

I don’t think I’d describe a cancer survivor who came back to play football a pussy but that’s just me. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jhomes55 said:

I just can’t trust Conner this week.....

Fool me once, shame on you..... fool me twice....

Same here.

If I win, I am in the championship game. It's too late in the season to be risking speculative plays, unless you absolutely have to.

I am rolling out Gallman.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Watch next week when no one starts him they give him 20 carries against the Bungles.

Gotta love fantasy football.

Lol so true.  I just don't understand why he never gets any passing game work.  His first year he was a stud out of the backfield.  DId Pitt change Coordinator over past couple of years??  Used to be a RB goldmine.  Now they never use them.

1 hour ago, affliction said:

6DCE39A4-5152-41BB-B6E5-96F21793D207.jpeg

Conner got one dive play up the middle 2 to 3 times per quarter. He got targeted zero times in the passing game. They didn't exactly do him any favors. I honestly wonder if they're trying to tank his value to resign him on the cheap. Would it be that hard to throw him a screen? Run a a stretch play? A toss? A trap? Some sort of misdirection? Every carry he got in this game looked like a goal line plunge. He did well to average more than 1 yard per tote. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fantasymad said:

Watch next week when no one starts him they give him 20 carries against the Bungles.

Gotta love fantasy football.

I don't care if Pittsburgh is playing Appalachian State next, there's no way anyone can start Conner right now. 

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

I don't care if Pittsburgh is playing Appalachian State next, there's no way anyone can start Conner right now. 

Thats what everyone said about Sanders last week and look what happened. 

5 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Thats what everyone said about Sanders last week and look what happened. 

look, i love me some Conner - kid's a standup cat, and a great success story. 

... but he's not close to Sanders talent wise - Miles has busted some yuuuge runs this year, including 74 yd TD vs the Stillers, and an 82 yd scamper yesterday which accounted for the bulk of his output. 

Conner just doesn't have that gear to turn a 4 pt day into a 18 pt day on one carry. 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, atdharris said:

It just seems like Pitt has decided to not bother to run the ball at all anymore - and other teams are catching on. 

Pretty much this. After watching last night, however, it seems this decision has been made due to poor OL play. There was nothing for Conner/Samuels/Snell to work with. That OL is broken, and it seems they have reverted to the short pass game to act as the run game. This offense just looks completely broken.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ajs723 said:

It will feel awful to do so, but I don't think I have another choice.

There's just no place to run and he's not getting the touches. Tomlin is hell bent on this awful horitzontal offense.

Don't get it. Where did Claypool go down the field?

Cinci D is a get right game for Conner, but get right may only be 40 yards rushing. Wish I had alternatives. So desperate may have to plug the likes of a L. Bowden.

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

It will feel awful to do so, but I don't think I have another choice.

There's just no place to run and he's not getting the touches. Tomlin is hell bent on this awful horitzontal offense.

Don't get it. Where did Claypool go down the field?

Cinci D is a get right game for Conner, but get right may only be 40 yards rushing. Wish I had alternatives. So desperate may have to plug the likes of a L. Bowden.

to the bolded:

last time out vs dër Bünglez (week 10), Stillers win 36-10, and Conner hangs up a 13/36/0, 2/12/0 stat line. 

10 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Conner got one dive play up the middle 2 to 3 times per quarter. He got targeted zero times in the passing game. They didn't exactly do him any favors. I honestly wonder if they're trying to tank his value to resign him on the cheap. Would it be that hard to throw him a screen? Run a a stretch play? A toss? A trap? Some sort of misdirection? Every carry he got in this game looked like a goal line plunge. He did well to average more than 1 yard per tote. 

The shotguns at the GL are awful 

• Like 1