NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Conner 2020 Outlook

15 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

Chances he plays?

Since it's a Monday game I think PIT needs to report on practice participation today. Unless he's full practice I wouldn't even consider him. Even if he does practice I don't think I'll consider him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Conner after seeing Snell's week one stat line

I don’t think I’d describe a cancer survivor who came back to play football a pussy but that’s just me. 

Posted Images

Very seriously considered dropping this guy as a booby trap for anyone willing to pick him up and play him... still own him but he's a firm bench this week, even against Cincinnati. This will almost guarantee a productive outing for him this week but I will not be saddled with a 1 again from this dude. Id rather try a new brand of disappointment. Good luck.. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Buckmcbuck said:

Very seriously considered dropping this guy as a booby trap for anyone willing to pick him up and play him... still own him but he's a firm bench this week, even against Cincinnati. This will almost guarantee a productive outing for him this week but I will not be saddled with a 1 again from this dude. Id rather try a new brand of disappointment. Good luck.. 

I think that's a great strategy. Someone who hasn't been following the Steelers closely could see the matchup and feel great about starting him. Let them get his 9 carries for 40 yards. 

6 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Matchup is too good. If he plays it will be a good game for him. Not even considering next week though, THAT'S the booby trap. 

Yeah but can you wait til monday night. I wouldnt want to be stuck playing snell

8 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Yeah but can you wait til monday night. I wouldnt want to be stuck playing snell

My opponent picked up snell to block me too. I can already picture what Monday night will look like. Conner is active then reaggravates an injury or just gets benched and I have to watch my only player left not play while im on suicide watch down by <5 points. I dont think I can handle that.

• Like 1
Just now, BookersB said:

My opponent picked up snell to block me too. I can already picture what Monday night will look like. Conner is active then reaggravates an injury or just gets benched and I have to watch my only player left not play while im on suicide watch down by <5 points. I dont think I can handle that.

Yeah all the rankings are saying play Conner but I'll probably pivot else where. Conners usage has already been maddening without an injury question mark

• Like 1
Just now, vthokie3 said:

Sums up my point haha having to play any of those RBs last minute monday might would he miserable

Samuels had a 47% snap share last week and added 3 catched. 38% snaps the week before.

It's looking like Pitt is giving Samuels more opportunities.

I'm Intrigued to hear if conner practiced today. If you think conner will be out or ineffective then Samuels could be in line for more work against a bad bengals defense starting a 3rd string QB, meaning Pitt could jump to a big early lead and run the ball the rest of the game.

Anyone have the stomach to start him in the championship if lead back? Running game finally did something Monday night, as Ben struggled BAD.. Volume based low RB2 against Indy if active I think. Tempted to flex.. (Have Both Snell/Connor)

3 minutes ago, mjb said:

Anyone have the stomach to start him in the championship if lead back? Running game finally did something Monday night, as Ben struggled BAD.. Volume based low RB2 against Indy if active I think. Tempted to flex.. (Have Both Snell/Connor)

I'd rather flex Keke Coutee if that tells you anything. Dude is trash.

23 minutes ago, mjb said:

I'm actually dropping him to block my opponent looking to get a D.

Unless you're in a 14-16 team league, I can't imagine starting him. And Snell is the better bet right this second until we see Conner even practiced.

I'm thinking that the problem isn't Conner or the OL, it's that defenses have gradually realized that Roethlisberger can't throw it deep and defenses just need to clamp down on the run and short passes.  Or maybe his his elbow was actually  injured Week 8 vs the Ravens:

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-says-elbow-good-took-hit-to-funny-bone/

Tom

15 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

How deep is your league if you're considering starting Conner this week? I don't care who the other options are, they are better than Conner.

Injuries, playoff rosters locked ...