James Conner 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Conner after seeing Snell's week one stat line

I don’t think I’d describe a cancer survivor who came back to play football a pussy but that’s just me. 

Posted Images

Conner (quad) practiced fully Wednesday, Teresa Varley of the Steelers' official site reports.

That puts Conner, who sat out this past Monday's loss to the Bengals, on track to be available Sunday against the Colts. That said, Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Network previously noted that coach Mike Tomlin indicated that Benny Snell -- one of the team's few bright spots in Week 15 -- has to "have the opportunity to be impactful" this weekend. Such a scenario would clearly cut into Conner's Week 16 workload.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/steelers-james-conner-returns-to-full-practice-468923/

Tomlin talking up Snell might motivate Conner to put in 110% effort on Sunday. 

Edited by Nap Time
46 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Tomlin talking up Snell might motivate Conner to put in 110% effort on Sunday. 

Seems like every week I try to find some reason to start Connor. Not anymore. Anyway, not the best matchup and even in good matchups Connor hasn't shown much. I think they split series Connor / Snell with Samuels as the 3rd down back. Weather won't be a factor so they'll still plan to throw a lot. But when they throw, they don't throw to Connor. Dude has 7 catches for 20 yards in the last 4 games. 

I'm confused about it too. He's a good receiver out of the backfield, but Ben won't go his way, Something's off and you know what....it probably won't change in week 16, which is championship week. Dropped for Savon Ahmed. Planning on starting Jeff Wilson over Ahmed who is a backup. But I think both will put better numbers up than Connor. 

4 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

I'm in a different boat.  I have no choice. I have to start him and I'm trying to make myself feel good about it.    :D

There is some hope - this scenario has not occurred since Week 1, when he was "injured" early in that game and Snell had a nice game. Early the next week Conner was practicing in full and went 100/TD v DEN. Only problem is he's not playing DEN again - IND is a different beast. But with fresh legs Conner has a shot to at least produce as a RB2. Snell would be unplayable in 14 and under I reckon - low-ceiling RB4 if Conner is playing.

• Like 2