NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sammy Watkins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please tell me which 13th round ride receiver you do trust. (12 team PPR adp) Why does this forum insist on making things more difficult than they have to be. The KC offense is incredible. 

Last Year, he scored 40pts in 1st game and then disappeared for rest of season. Bit risky to jump on him after this.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sneaky add during his bye week, practiced last week and expected back full go week 11. 

Was developing a nice role in that offense, which seems to be rolling even better now. Hardman also on the COVID list (although I doubt that matters by next week). 

• Like 1

Watkins was unimpressive in the first 5 games - 222 yards, 2 TDs.

Schedule is tough, though Week 16 is nice.

Week 11 @LV                  
Week 12 @TAM                  
Week 13 DEN                  
Week 14 @MIA                  
Week 15 @NOR                  
Week 16 ATL
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Watkins was unimpressive in the first 5 games - 222 yards, 2 TDs.

Schedule is tough, though Week 16 is nice.

Week 11 @LV                  
Week 12 @TAM                  
Week 13 DEN                  
Week 14 @MIA                  
Week 15 @NOR                  
Week 16 ATL

I wouldn't consider LV, Den, or ATL as tough matchups for KC, and while the others are no cakewalks, you have to remember that opponent's top CBs will be covering Hill and not Sammy for the most part (if they shadow). I also don't see many of these teams slowing down Mahomes that much at all.  I'm rolling Watkins out this week, Reid coming off a bye is money in the bank, and LV's defense is short a bunch of bodies due to covid exposure.  Watkins should see decent volume with TD upside this week - he did score vs LV earlier this season.

Edited by TheINC
31 minutes ago, ZappB said:

At this point we all know what Watkins is like.  Risk/reward.  If you feel like you need a lot of upside in your WR3/Flex spot, go for it I guess.

Sure you can roll the dice on a Perriman, Reynolds, Patrick, Reagor type this week, but i'll take my chances with Mahomes #2 WR, even with the risk we know Watkins presents. Esp against a very depleted LV defense from the looks of things.

Edited by TheINC
  • Like 1

a leopard never changes its spots ...

Sammy Watkins was listed with both hamstring and calf injuries for Thursday's practice, and was downgraded from "full" to "limited."

Ay caramba. The "calf" designation strongly suggests this was not just the Chiefs limiting Watkins' reps following his long layoff. He is now genuinely uncertain to return for Sunday's game against the Raiders. With Mecole Hardman still on the COVID-19 list, Watkins will have WR3 appeal for what should be a high-scoring affair if he can get cleared. Friday's session is now all important. Considering Watkins' injury history, we would begin making back-up plans.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Still worth owning? Mahomes is en fuego and I gotta imagine every piece of this offense is owned that's worth owning including him. 

Might as well just grab Robinson and hope for a 70yd bomb vs playing this guy and hoping for a few 3rd n 5 conversions. 

• 2 weeks later...