NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jakeem Grant 2020 Outlook

• 5 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 11:42 AM, TheNuggets said:

Grant has been on the team for years. It takes an imaginative coach and solid qb to make use of a guy like Grant. Very few coaches do, I don't expect Miami to be any different about it than they have already

Flores/Tua👀

No clue how Miami will adjust their passing game with Preston out, if they will make Grant the WR2 + keep him involved in the return game and the Chargers can certainly be run on this week, so for this game - unless you are desperate - Grant is a "wait and see". He has juicy matchups versus DEN/NYJ after this week. He could be a nice flex option in a PPR league with 6 or 7 targets, action in the return game and Preston's injury opening up more TDs.

Is it possible he is good for 13 PPR points with a shot at a 20 PPR game? Sure

Is it possible he isn't any more than he is now and we just see a whole lot of Parker/Gesicki and it's Mack Hollins who cleans up on the side? Absolutely. It's probably the likeliest outcome. I thought Trent Taylor was a good flex last week, just to watch Richie James go ham, so my faith in picking dart throws is at an all time low.

• Thanks 1

#1 WR for the Miami fins.

Tua had speed guys in college to throw to and loved hitting Ruggs on WR screens and slants from the RPO and let him churn out some YAC and some deep shots to his speedster too. 

Grant fits this mold better than anyone else the Dolphins have.

Malcolm Perry is trying to get in there but he hasn't been a WR for very long and is still adjusting.