NBC Sports Edge Forums

I honestly think Mark Andrews is going to be a Top 3 TE this upcoming season. I see Gesicki improving, but not even being close to Andrews. the PPR is also huge because the Ravens use the TE's a lot. It is close, but I think I would go with Andrews.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Jess said:

I honestly think Mark Andrews is going to be a Top 3 TE this upcoming season. I see Gesicki improving, but not even being close to Andrews. the PPR is also huge because the Ravens use the TE's a lot. It is close, but I think I would go with Andrews.

Yeah, but an extra first round pick can be very tasty. Gesicki was already TE1 and he may well be top6 in 2020 on a fast improving Dolphins team.

I think it depends on the team. If you are in rebuild or partial rebuild, go get the pick. If you're a competitor, keep Andrews.

• Like 2

Same here, if you need to win now... Andrews. But for the future with that pick you could have someone like Pittman Jr, Tua, Burrow, or Claypool.

It would depend on what your long term qb or wr prospects are. Maybe you could post your entire team. 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Yeah, but an extra first round pick can be very tasty. Gesicki was already TE1 and he may well be top6 in 2020 on a fast improving Dolphins team.

I think it depends on the team. If you are in rebuild or partial rebuild, go get the pick. If you're a competitor, keep Andrews.

That is some good analyzing right there. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Gonna steal his answer

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Same here, if you need to win now... Andrews. But for the future with that pick you could have someone like Pittman Jr, Tua, Burrow, or Claypool.

It would depend on what your long term qb or wr prospects are. Maybe you could post your entire team. 

Rest of starters .. mahomes, Saquan, miles sanders, aj green, Tyler Boyd, Calvin Ridley, terry McLaurin. Does this help at all? I also have 1.4,1.12,2.3,2.4 2.7, 2.11,2.12 this year. 

20 minutes ago, BuckeyeNutz said:

Rest of starters .. mahomes, Saquan, miles sanders, aj green, Tyler Boyd, Calvin Ridley, terry McLaurin. Does this help at all? I also have 1.4,1.12,2.3,2.4 2.7, 2.11,2.12 this year. 

Looks like you can compete now.

what about your bench players? 

8 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Looks like you can compete now.

what about your bench players? 

Ewww not good. 
Brady, drew lock, Andy dalton, lat Murray, ken Dixon,Scarborough , darel Williams , justice hill, ryquel armstead, jjaw, brate/ojhoward,irv Smith 

1 hour ago, BuckeyeNutz said:

Ewww not good. 
Brady, drew lock, Andy dalton, lat Murray, ken Dixon,Scarborough , darel Williams , justice hill, ryquel armstead, jjaw, brate/ojhoward,irv Smith 

Yeah not great. But Lock is a great back up and has good future potential. Brady is a good plug in short term for Mahomes bye week. Who knows, maybe Tampa Bay offense catches fire and he’s in the top few QBs. I’d hope for that and try to sell him for future pick/s if someone bites. Dalton probably is done. 

Murray is a plug in for bye weeks. Wonder if you could fish him to Kamara owner. What I’d on the Kamara owners team that interests you? For example, can you upgrade your tight end this way. I think at 1.4 you can probably get Akers which should be a good back up now and solid future play. The rest of your rbs don’t look great for the future.

Id be tempted to use 1.12 on another rb, not sure what you can get at 1.12 for rb. Vaughn of Tampa Bay might give you half time share and goal line carries. Though his early usage might be dependent on keeping Brady’s uni dirt free. Another guy I think is a bit under the radar is Antonio Gibson. He has wr/rb designation and is a Chris Thompson type for Washington. His head coach is the guy that just got done coaching CMC, so imagine he’s gonna get some early work. Some people mention him as a slot receiver. He could be interesting with one of your second round picks.

As for WR with your other seconds I would take a look at Claypool. If you look on player profiler you will see unusually size vs. speed measurements. He evidently is going to be third WR to start the season. This combined with Juju not getting extended after this season signals opportunity for Claypool. He is capable of playing TE as well.

On the TE topic, you can probably grab a good one with another second pick you have. I’m gonna give you a homer pick in Asiasi. Bellicheck/Daniels loved using tight ends and last season was terrible at tight end in NE. Izzo ended up looking the best. So I think Asiasi has a inside track to getting the lions share of the pass catching duties at TE in NE. But Cmet and Trautman are good picks too I believe. It would be nice for you if OJ Howard gets traded. 

So even though I see you can compete now, I would still not do the trade and focus more on replenishing your bench. Because if you do that deal your bench will be harder to rebuild. If you stock up your bench I would think you’d have arguably the best dynasty team in your league. Do you think another team has a better set of starters?

Edited by PizzaBeerFF
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Yeah not great. But Lock is a great back up and has good future potential. Brady is a good plug in short term for Mahomes bye week. Who knows, maybe Tampa Bay offense catches fire and he’s in the top few QBs. I’d hope for that and try to sell him for future pick/s if someone bites. Dalton probably is done. 

Murray is a plug in for bye weeks. Wonder if you could fish him to Kamara owner. What I’d on the Kamara owners team that interests you? For example, can you upgrade your tight end this way. I think at 1.4 you can probably get Akers which should be a good back up now and solid future play. The rest of your rbs don’t look great for the future.

Id be tempted to use 1.12 on another rb, not sure what you can get at 1.12 for rb. Vaughn of Tampa Bay might give you half time share and goal line carries. Though his early usage might be dependent on keeping Brady’s uni dirt free. Another guy I think is a bit under the radar is Antonio Gibson. He has wr/rb designation and is a Chris Thompson type for Washington. His head coach is the guy that just got done coaching CMC, so imagine he’s gonna get some early work. Some people mention him as a slot receiver. He could be interesting with one of your second round picks.

As for WR with your other seconds I would take a look at Claypool. If you look on player profiler you will see unusually size vs. speed measurements. He evidently is going to be third WR to start the season. This combined with Juju not getting extended after this season signals opportunity for Claypool. He is capable of playing TE as well.

On the TE topic, you can probably grab a good one with another second pick you have. I’m gonna give you a homer pick in Asiasi. Bellicheck/Daniels loved using tight ends and last season was terrible at tight end in NE. Izzo ended up looking the best. So I think Asiasi has a inside track to getting the lions share of the pass catching duties at TE in NE. But Cmet and Trautman are good picks too I believe. It would be nice for you if OJ Howard gets traded. 

So even though I see you can compete now, I would still not do the trade and focus more on replenishing your bench. Because if you do that deal your bench will be harder to rebuild. If you stock up your bench I would think you’d have arguably the best dynasty team in your league. Do you think another team has a better set of starters?

Thanks for the analysis!  The champ from last year had a dope lineup but other than that, I think I’m top 3 for starters.. like you see, I have a plethora of picks I’ve traded for over the season. The only bad part is , at least 4/5 people don’t even have the app downloaded and don’t respond to trades. It’s very uneventful league which sucks. I find myself trading with two people lol.