Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Equanimeous St. Brown 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bench.

If I can't get Adams or Lazard, the only other Packers WR I might take a chance on is Devin Funchess. He's still only 26 but seems to be an afterthought after missing all of last season with the Colts

Packers activate WR St. Brown Green Bay activates WR Equanimeous St. Brown from reserve/injured Oct 17, 2020 at 03:00 PM  

1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I want my wife to let me get a bird like this African bird Ruby so that when I have to go back to work she won’t miss me...

You have an African bird and she has a cock-a-two?

0PfMfYb.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Probably that’s why she wants to throw me in harms way and forcing me back to work

🤣🤣🤣

Don’t ever take out a big life insurance policy on yourself! 
 

😂😭✌️

Edited by PizzaBeerFF
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

It means he is getting owned by a lot of teams 

He is ADP 360 in sleeper. That means in most 14-16 team leagues he's still undrafted.

Dude, stop thinking anyone is angry - personally I'm just curious. But at least now we're getting a discussion.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

He is ADP 360 in sleeper. That means in most 14-16 team leagues he's still undrafted.

Dude, stop thinking anyone is angry - personally I'm just curious. But at least now we're getting a discussion.

Lighten up Francis. It is Friday night. Geese, tuff crowd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sshhh 🤫

 

He's got a sweet nimeous. Last year's Rock Ya-Sin, or Montez Sweat, or maybe Greedy W. This year's Laviska Shenault. Good guys to reach for. Keep an eye out for Quintez Cephus and Yetur Gross-Matos. Big time sleepers in leagues where actual production counts.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Lighten up Francis. It is Friday night. Geese, tuff crowd. 

giphy.gif

Look, ESB is certainly interesting, or at least he was last season. But I remember Rodgers being very disappointed with the new kids and even Kumerow did better in that respect.

ESB is at least interesting because of his back story, the name, and of course for speaking German. If I remember correctly he was in some German sports tv show and did pretty well in German and even threw in some French.

Won't help him catch balls, but he's not dumb.

In any case, I think he's a legit sleeper and if there is a camp, he could be a guy that gets attention and breaks out.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

giphy.gif

Look, ESB is certainly interesting, or at least he was last season. But I remember Rodgers being very disappointed with the new kids and even Kumerow did better in that respect.

ESB is at least interesting because of his back story, the name, and of course for speaking German. If I remember correctly he was in some German sports tv show and did pretty well in German and even threw in some French.

Won't help him catch balls, but he's not dumb.

In any case, I think he's a legit sleeper and if there is a camp, he could be a guy that gets attention and breaks out.

I don't think he makes the team.

Adams. Funchess. Lazard. MVS. Kumerow. 

ESB is more likely to get cut than have fantasy value.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

I don't think he makes the team.

Adams. Funchess. Lazard. MVS. Kumerow. 

ESB is more likely to get cut than have fantasy value.

I tuned out when I heard that this kid was refusing to play special teams before he had ever played an NFL snap.  ESB has done exactly nothing since to make me tune back in.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Sshhh 🤫

 

He's got a sweet nimeous. Last year's Rock Ya-Sin, or Montez Sweat, or maybe Greedy W. This year's Laviska Shenault. Good guys to reach for. Keep an eye out for Quintez Cephus and Yetur Gross-Matos. Big time sleepers in leagues where actual production counts.

Id take a dart on shenault but thats about it lmao 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he is saying they all have...unconventional names.

ESB has that name because his father, a successful body builder, designed an entire program to make his sons into star athletes, names included.  Father's last name is Brown.  I am not aware of any Saint Brown in the catholic canon.

The sons are basically the new Todd Marinoviches.  I sincerely hope their story ends better than Marinovich's, but so far it is not looking good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, urban2014 said:

It means he is getting owned by a lot of teams 

Do you own him? If so that's all that counts. Hope he does well for your team this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Then why did Lazard beat ESB out last year and get far more playing time?

Lazard is the second-best wideout on the team. I am honestly wondering who started this thread and why?

Edited by BMcP
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Then why did Lazard beat ESB out last year and get far more playing time?

Because ESB was injured before the season:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/31/packers-place-equanimeous-st-brown-on-season-ending-ir/

Despite optimism that his ankle injury wasn’t as serious as originally believed, the Green Bay Packers still placed second-year receiver Equanimeous St. Brown on injured reserve as they trimmed their roster to 53 players on Saturday.

Lazard was cut, but came back on the team a week later:

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2019/9/3/20848171/packers-te-jace-sternberger-goes-on-injured-reserve-wr-allen-lazard-called-up-to-53

To take Sternberger’s place on the active roster, the Packers have chosen to call up wide receiver Allen Lazard from the practice squad, according to The Athletic’s Matt Schneidman. Lazard was one of the team’s last cuts on Saturday, and he went unclaimed through waivers before signing to the squad on Sunday afternoon. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting.  If you read the article, it is pretty clear that the IR designation for ESB was basically a procedural dodge to avoid cutting him.

They could have left him on the roster for one more day and then designated him for a return after 8 weeks.  But they didn't, apparently prefering Lazard instead.

Remember this is a Packers team that had essentially nothing at WR beyond Adams, and tried to play Adams on one leg.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...