NBC Sports Edge Forums

12 team 5x5 redraft h2h

like both, own suarez, dont see awhole lot difference between the 2. vlad more upside if he hits his ceiling this year 315 avg 40 bombs but suarez seems safer or atleast simlar value to vlad right now

give suarez and beiber

get vlad and greinke

im asking for wheeler but it that doesnt work should i entertain the the greinke for bieber flip?

No.  In re-drafts Suarez is still better than Vlad who has yet to prove himself let alone reach Suarez's level of play.  Dynasties I can see it long term but not in a re-draft league like yours.  And Beiber probably is a bit better too as Greinke is getting long in the tooth though this part could be a toss up.

Beware chasing Vlad in re-drafts.  It is the "shining new toy" syndrome.  Re-drafts are not the place for a player still a year or two away from reaching greatness.

Also ignore anything Rush2112 says with his endless and boring anti-pitcher rants which, as you know, goes without saying.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

12 team 5x5 redraft h2h

like both, own suarez, dont see awhole lot difference between the 2. vlad more upside if he hits his ceiling this year 315 avg 40 bombs but suarez seems safer or atleast simlar value to vlad right now

give suarez and beiber

get vlad and greinke

im asking for wheeler but it that doesnt work should i entertain the the greinke for bieber flip?

Agree with the majority on here: don't make the deal in redraft

• Like 2

I would be absolutely fine doing this straight up but losing Beiber for Greinke makes it a no for me. Sidebar-despite the fact that some think Vlad's price seems a little high this year, he is one of a handful of players (Alvarez, Keston Hiura also come to mind) who can legitimately move into 2nd round conversation next year. If the shortened season means any of these guys have a lackluster offensive season and they stay at their current price points, I would be all-in to draft Vlad, Bichette, etc. in the 4th/5th round next year. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

I would be absolutely fine doing this straight up but losing Beiber for Greinke makes it a no for me. Sidebar-despite the fact that some think Vlad's price seems a little high this year, he is one of a handful of players (Alvarez, Keston Hiura also come to mind) who can legitimately move into 2nd round conversation next year. If the shortened season means any of these guys have a lackluster offensive season and they stay at their current price points, I would be all-in to draft Vlad, Bichette, etc. in the 4th/5th round next year. 

yea thats what had be entertaining if i got both wheeler and greinke.

its a pretty competitive league with a handful of really good teams and all different draft strategies where used

one team landed-trout acuna and yelich

another team with 4 first rder- areando mookie story soto

another team with 6 top 30 players

another  team with degrom max buehler flaherty

then a couple teams that went balance and look similar to mine.

then one or 2 that where just outmatched

not sure how i stack up right now and landing vlad would give me some more upside which looks like i might have to hit on to compete with those top heavy teams

c w smith

1b goldy

2b lux

3b suarez

ss bichette

of robles

of laureano

of robert

util schwarber

util c santana

bench- senzel, carlson, dejong, ramos

sp clevinger, beiber, glasnow, soroka, hendricks, urias, carrasco, manaea

rp leclerc

got good safe(r) players that should all come close to 30-40hr 180-200 runs/rbis goldy, suarez, santana, and schwarber

got the upside 5 cat guys in bichette, robles, lauerano, roberts and to a lesser extent lux, senzel, carlson

really like my staff. got 3 sp1 imo (glasnow with no innings limit) and view soroka, hendricks, urias, carrasco, as all sp3 with upside. so pretty deep staff as well

as someone who usually goes with the top tier offensive guys in auction this team feels different. and it would be fun to own vlad bichette robles senzel lux and win with those sophomore slump guys. even though vlad senzel lux didnt really have high end rookie years

If this is a redraft then I would stick with Bieber and Suarez because they are definitely the safer options.  But I do understand if you think you need to go with the more upside with the Vlad side, it is just riskier.

help with mine please:

• 4 weeks later...