NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Darnell Mooney 2020 Outlook

pushaZ

Man other than a handful of teams, put him anywhere this year and he's a major fantasy asset. Unfortunately the Bears are in that crap-filled handful. What do you guys realistically think they can do to address the QB issue?  I see Foles as the starter being backed up by a rookie QB like Jamie Newman who will be eased in and won't take over til 2022. If anything, patching up the oline seems like the main thing they can do to help propel Mooney to a 65-1000-8 kind of guy next season.

42 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Is this dude really that nice? How can you be confident in a #2 on a terrible offense?

he is a beast but the meat on the bone in this passing game is rarely a 300 yard game. And as long as the bears d doesn’t crack, games will be close, and the bears won’t ever be pass happy...and they seriously don’t with foles.

however, matchup is good this weekend so a what the hell wr3 flex 

Matchup is borderline great and he could be right on the brink of a big emergence.

Malcolm Butler will shadow AR on the one side, meaning Mooney will likely see heavily targeted Smith in coverage, as he's expected to replace Jonathan Joseph, who was cut Tuesday. With Butler shadowing, we saw Diontae Johnson post a 9-80-2 receiving line and Tee Higgins a 6-78-0 line on the other side of the field.

On the whole, Tennessee has allowed the second-most fantasy points to wide receivers (the most over the past four weeks) and the fourth most to perimeter receivers. If Robinson is held in check, Mooney (82% perimeter) should be busy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Matchup is borderline great and he could be right on the brink of a big emergence.

Malcolm Butler will shadow AR on the one side, meaning Mooney will likely see heavily targeted Smith in coverage, as he's expected to replace Jonathan Joseph, who was cut Tuesday. With Butler shadowing, we saw Diontae Johnson post a 9-80-2 receiving line and Tee Higgins a 6-78-0 line on the other side of the field.

On the whole, Tennessee has allowed the second-most fantasy points to wide receivers (the most over the past four weeks) and the fourth most to perimeter receivers. If Robinson is held in check, Mooney (82% perimeter) should be busy.

Where does the rookie Fulton come into the picture in the Titan secondary?

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Where does the rookie Fulton come into the picture in the Titan secondary?

He is on IR, along with Adoree Jackson. Trade acquisition Desmond King can't play this week and they outright cut Jon Joseph after his performance last week.

Mooney 📈🚀

• Thanks 1

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

He is on IR, along with Adoree Jackson. Trade acquisition Desmond King can't play this week and they outright cut Jon Joseph after his performance last week.

Mooney 📈🚀

Oh crap. Egg on my face, lol. I knew Adoree was on IR, but missed Kristian going on it. Thanks bro. 

20 minutes ago, coleworld7 said:

are you all dropping or holding? the targets are nice, but doesnt mean much when more than half are uncatchable.

I'll only drop if there's something sweet out there. I love his upside and really like what I see. If the ball was on target majority of the time this thread would be like 70+ pages and we wouldn't be talking about cutting. He's legit asf. Just need foles to get the ball there or maybe some better blocking

Watched a ton of the game.. he looks really good. Had a wide open TD batted down at the line by Simmons from around the 5 YL, was standing all alone in the EZ after shaking the corner out of his shoes. He reminds me of Ridley a bit with how quick he is in and out of breaks. 

• Like 1