NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Rotoworld Mock Real League

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t mind pushing transactions through quickly.   Entering the players just took longer than usual.   It ends up office time is a lot more productive for fantasy than family time. 

He dmed me that he wants josh Rosen 

Let's do it again ! ... kidding. sort of.  thank you as always for helping put this together. 

Posted Images

Regarding COVID and IR spots, if we've generally been going with one IR spot every season I'm thinking we keep it that way. 

Once we have a specific plan from the league, and how yahoo will handle it we can make a choice regarding additional IR spots.

For example, if the league goes with a "COVID IR List", I'm hoping Yahoo will add something similar.

If yahoo doesn't implement anything new, we can add additional spots "COVID Specific" IR spots as per @1972Miamidolphins suggestion.  We can add up to 5 IR spots I believe.

If a team has too many COVID infected players to fit the number of spots, we can consider a gentleman's agreement to let a player be waived and the owner to have first crack at picking them up, or just have them make a hard choice.

I'm open to suggestions, but I'd like to keep the settings as close to what they've historically been.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Regarding COVID and IR spots, if we've generally been going with one IR spot every season I'm thinking we keep it that way. 

Once we have a specific plan from the league, and how yahoo will handle it we can make a choice regarding additional IR spots.

For example, if the league goes with a "COVID IR List", I'm hoping Yahoo will add something similar.

If yahoo doesn't implement anything new, we can add additional spots "COVID Specific" IR spots as per @1972Miamidolphins suggestion.  We can add up to 5 IR spots I believe.

If a team has too many COVID infected players to fit the number of spots, we can consider a gentleman's agreement to let a player be waived and the owner to have first crack at picking them up, or just have them make a hard choice.

I'm open to suggestions, but I'd like to keep the settings as close to what they've historically been.

I think another spot may be needed 

we’re going to see the usual injuries, + a huge increase in the soft tissue / “football shape” injuries ... + infections.

Once the league establishes something, we should probably add another spot (maybe just for COVID).

Its not gonna be a normal league year, that much we know. 

3 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He's still alive and fully cleared ... so great thing? He's also making acrobatic catches working with Haskins and has very, very little competition for targets. 

I was gonna mention Steven sims but I held out thinking he would fall to me. 

He came on strong at the end of last season. I scooped him in dynasty hoping he will continue that. 

although I’m getting some keelan Cole vibes..

Edited by bhawks489
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I was gonna mention Steven sims but I held out thinking he would fall to me. 

He came on strong at the end of last season. I scooped him in dynasty hoping he will continue that. 

although I’m getting some keelan Cole vibes..

That production from an Undrafted smurf with underwhelming athleticism is exactly why I love Gandy-Golden 

Now imagine a huge WR that thrives on both contested catches and RAC/YAC getting those targets. Yup.

For dynasty owners, get this man on your teams. Would not shock me if he’s the Redskins #1 WR in 2021

Could be WR3 this year with an explosion in year 2. He is the complete package.

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
19 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

That production from an Undrafted smurf with underwhelming athleticism is exactly why I love Gandy-Golden 

Now imagine a huge WR that thrives on both contested catches and RAC/YAC getting those targets. Yup.

For dynasty owners, get this man on your teams. Would not shock me if he’s the Redskins #1 WR in 2021

Could be WR3 this year with an explosion in year 2. He is the complete package.

Sims is the same size as Jamison Crowder and should do well from the slot. I like AGG as well, but more for dynasty. I've been trying to roster both since there isn't any competition behind Scary Terry.

4 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Sims is the same size as Jamison Crowder and should do well from the slot. I like AGG as well, but more for dynasty. I've been trying to roster both since there isn't any competition behind Scary Terry.

My plan was to roster them both... :)    I knew I should have picked him in the last round

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

now imagine Crowder with less athletic ability. That’s Sims. He’s fine, was on my watch list until Mr. GandyGolden was drafted due to target potential. 

When you’re that small, I look at certain measurables to determine upside. Sims checks off none of them. 

I don’t think Sims is anything more than an Undrafted replacement level talent who was force fed targets in a lost season with some decent fantasy stat lines.

Gandy-Golden long term potential isn’t even close, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on a lot of league winning teams by the end of the year. 

We shall see. Haskins will be throwing to someone other Terry ... my money is on the Golladay-lite WR they just drafted.

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

now imagine Crowder with less athletic ability. That’s Sims. He’s fine, was on my watch list until Mr. GandyGolden was drafted due to target potential. 

When you’re that small, I look at certain measurables to determine upside. Sims checks off none of them. 

I don’t think Sims is anything more than an Undrafted replacement level talent who was force fed targets in a lost season with some decent fantasy stat lines.

Gandy-Golden long term potential isn’t even close, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on a lot of league winning teams by the end of the year. 

We shall see. Haskins will be throwing to someone other Terry ... my money is on the Golladay-lite WR they just drafted.

there’s also Antonio Gibson and his versatility in town ... 

Wouldnt shock me if Sims isn’t even on the field in 3 WR sets (Gibson can fill a Chris Thompson / slot WR role)

Redskins basically did whatever they could to ensure they don’t have to force Sims the ball anymore.

15 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

there’s also Antonio Gibson and his versatility in town ... 

Wouldnt shock me if Sims isn’t even on the field in 3 WR sets (Gibson can fill a Chris Thompson / slot WR role)

Redskins basically did whatever they could to ensure they don’t have to force Sims the ball anymore.

Maybe it wasn't such a good pick  :)

36 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

You guys see these? lol

so far...

I got ceedee lamb, cooper kupp, aj green, marquise brown, leonard fournette on the easy

lamar jackson, patrick mahomes, dj chark on medium

Amari cooper, christian mccafree, tua tagvaialoa on hard

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins