NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Rotoworld Mock Real League

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t mind pushing transactions through quickly.   Entering the players just took longer than usual.   It ends up office time is a lot more productive for fantasy than family time. 

He dmed me that he wants josh Rosen 

Let's do it again ! ... kidding. sort of.  thank you as always for helping put this together. 

Posted Images

With some downtime on this draft and at work, ill quickly recap my picks and why they were taken there:

1. Kamara:  at #4, my top 3 rbs were gone, was between kamara and thomas, decided to go with the rb as i had a prediction it would be harder to get rbs vs wrs later on, their production can almost be a wash if both healthy

2.  Kupp:  hes my new fav in the nfl, has the potential to crack top 5, im still a believer and i wanted a player i can truly root for on sundays

3.  Obj, last year he did not lice up to expectations, im predicting that was a fluke and is poised for a huge bounce back, probably the best value you will ever get out of beckham in his prime years in the 3rd, sign me up

4.  Was between singletary and ingram, his 15 tds last year was enough for the fins to resign him to another season, just a solid all round back you can trust in your lineup, i expect similar production in the same offense

5.  Diggs, the trade has me concerned some, but it wouldnt surprise me to see him put up numbers similar to the vikings, just taking a leap of faith at that adp

6.  James white, felt like he was the best/safest rb at that time, regardless of the qb, im sure they could potentially see alot of screen dumpoffs to white as the security blanket

7.  Gallup, took a look at his numbers, 1000 yards last year, just a good pick in the 7th round

8.  Tom brady, i really do think he can put up numbers this year, this was a quicker pick without the cheatsheet, probably woulda take rodgers there had i not been in a hurry

9.  Rodgers, having a qb already, rodgers in the 9th is just crazy, ill just have fun playing both qbs this year depending on who i want to root for that week

10. golden tate, picks were getting harder at this point, i had tate in a couple leagues last year, actually produced some solid numbers, just a good startable overall playerwhen needed to have on your squad

11 and beyond, these are mainly lotto tickets, justin jackson, dart throw, freeman, just waiting for him to sign somewhere, shenault, wanted an upside rookie, lime what i read

the te’s,  i really just punted the position it seems, who knows if brady can make oj relevant again, he used to support gronk and hernandez at the same time, dawson knox, i compared his targets, receptions, yards, and tds to mark andrews first year, potential for 2nd year leap i guess

• Thanks 3

Welp, here's my team:

1 Tyreek Hill: No brainer at 12th overall, planned on "reaching" for my next pick if he wasn't there. Considered Julio, thought "maybe I can snag Ridley much later...".

2. Kenyan Drake: Flashed whenever he touched the ball in Miami, traded to AZ and was dominant. Should have no problem finishing as a top 5-10 RB this year. 

3. David Montgomery: Late 3rd round, 23rd RB off the board ... loved him in college, quietly put up ~1100 total yards and 25 receptions as a rookie. Absurdly underrated this year, in both reality and fantasy. The highest graded RB draft-eligible RB in his class and broke the most tackles in the country. A RB with this talent, getting this workload, who posted 1000+ total yards as a rookie in an abysmal offense should not be going this late. Wasn't planning on going WR-RB-RB, but I couldn't let him fall any further. 

4. Calvin Ridley: Yes, I wanted DK Metcalf [and also, I told you so ...]. However, in fantasy it will not shock me if Ridley greatly exceeds his production based on how often ATL should be projected to throw this year. Considered Julio first round, thrilled to land Ridley 3 rounds later. Give me Julio in real life all day, but I think their fantasy production may end up closer than most expect. Simple explanation: ATL is going to be throwing all day, Julio warrants the defenses focus, Ridley eats up coverage with strong route running ... it's a recipe for many, many targets. 800+ yards as a rookie, 16 game pace of 1000+ last year ... an ideal WR2 for Hill with 2 RBs I love. 

5. Evan Engram: The only knock, and I feel it's baked into his draft price, is injury risk. Yes, he's missed time. HOWEVER, his career per game production over a full season: 800+ yards, 70+ receptions ... 7th TE off the board, few carry his upside. Oh, and Jason Garret plans on making him the focal point of the passing game. And he's in a contract year. And he's still an athletic freak with a skillset more resembling elite WR1s than TEs. 

6. Jordan Howard: Any 10-15 touch/goalline RB is going to be on my radar. When that player is the same guy who has been one of the most dominant short yardage runners in the league, you are going to instantly be my pick in the 6th round of a 14 team league. He was not only stealing snaps from Miles Sanders, he was on pace for 900+ total yards and 10TDs last year. I know MIA isn't PHI, but 32 RBs should not be going before Jordan Howard. Basically, my 3rd-6th picks were strictly "Wow, I'm not letting ___ fall any further." 

7. Tarik Cohen: Don't love any WRs, Don't care about QBs, got my TE ... let's get a little Montgomery insurance while also a potential flex #2 option. 

8. Preston Williams: Josh Gordon-lite, on and off the field. Coming off injury, off field issues ... this guy is every bit as talented as the WRs being drafted in round 2 and should be in line for another huge target share. There's a reason many of you wanted him, there's a reason I wanted him ... this guy is enormous, with rare movement skills for his size, and should command 90+ targets. Incredible blend of size/talent with a bright future ahead of him - if he can stay on the right track. 

9. Mecole Hardman: I considered Howard vs. Marquise Brown in the 6th ... then thought "Why don't I just draft the same player 2-3 rounds later and get some Hill insurance in the process". This guy flashed insane potential last year, with speed/acceleration that appears 2nd to only my first round pick. A WR handcuff with league winning potential, this was an easy pick.

10. Sammy Watkins: "I have to" was the thought process with this one. Did I plan on drafting 3WR from the same team? No. If there's a team you want the top WR options, it's the Chiefs. Plain and simple, I refuse to let someone else have this talented of a player, attached to this great of an offense, coming off a season where he was targeted 90 times by Patrick Mahomes (in 14 games, then went on to be the most productive WR throughout the playoffs ...). There's a reason they didn't cut him. Quite frankly, I was torn on Hardman vs Watkins for the last 3 rounds. The fact that 50 WRs were drafted before him is absolutely ridiculous. 

11. Jonnu Smith: Another "I have to ... and I think I can trade Evan Engram now". I could write a novella on why I like this guy this year, but it's nice out and I'm going to lay by the pool soon. If you are unfamiliar with Jonnu Smith, do yourself a favor and get familiar with him. If Engram remains on my team, I will confidently flex Smith. 

12. Baker Mayfield: Oh yeah, I love my depth ... wait, I should probably look at QBs. Oh, here's the guy everyone was drooling over last year, back with the same WRs, another weapon at TE, and a significantly upgraded offensive line. I have no idea why he was sitting there in the 12th round, but another easy decision.

13. Darrynton Evans: Valuable handcuff, potential stand alone value. Go ask the offensive coordinator if they plan on running Henry into the ground every game ... (the answer is "No".). He is basically already the 3rd down RB, with a potential workload of "as much as he can handle" from the offensive coordinator. Re: Henry's workload ... "We'll see how the games go, it's probably better for us as a team if more guys are touching the ball" is the summary. 

14. Parris Campell: On my watch list for the last 4 rounds (was planning on round 10/11). Must be recency bias, but a lot of people seem to have forgetten this guy is an athletic marvel who will now be Rivers' featured slot WR and is the most talented/explosive WR on the roster. The true explosion may not occur until 2021, but this guy has the chance to be "faster Keenan Allen" for Rivers. I expect WR3/flex production, at least.

15. Antonio Gandy-Golden: He is the best WR on the Washington ____. It may not show until 2021 in terms of fantasy points however. Another guy I could write a novella on. Incredible talent, buried in a loaded WR class as a small school prospect. 

16. Chris Thompson: "I thought this guy was drafted 8 rounds ago" ... injury risk aside, which is obviously baked into his draft price, it is insane this guy was still available. Fournette is essentially being run out of town, and Thompson just followed his offensive coordinator to Jacksonville - a team that's going to throw a ton after an unusual offseason. I wonder if Thompson, 1 of the best 3rd down backs in the league (when healthy), will have an inside track on the new offense ... I love this guy as an RB3/Flex, similar potential as the backs going in rounds 4-8. 

Welp, see ya later. 

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

13. Darrynton Evans: Valuable handcuff, potential stand alone value. Go ask the offensive coordinator if they plan on running Henry into the ground every game ... (the answer is "No".). He is basically already the 3rd down RB, with a potential workload of "as much as he can handle" from the offensive coordinator. Re: Henry's workload ... "We'll see how the games go, it's probably better for us as a team if more guys are touching the ball" is the summary. 

14. Parris Campell: On my watch list for the last 4 rounds (was planning on round 10/11). Must be recency bias, but a lot of people seem to have forgetten this guy is an athletic marvel who will now be Rivers' featured slot WR and is the most talented/explosive WR on the roster. The true explosion may not occur until 2021, but this guy has the chance to be "faster Keenan Allen" for Rivers. I expect WR3/flex production, at least.

15. Antonio Gandy-Golden: He is the best WR on the Washington ____. It may not show until 2021 in terms of fantasy points however. Another guy I could write a novella on. Incredible talent, buried in a loaded WR class as a small school prospect. 

16. Chris Thompson: "I thought this guy was drafted 8 rounds ago" ... injury risk aside, which is obviously baked into his draft price, it is insane this guy was still available. Fournette is essentially being run out of town, and Thompson just followed his offensive coordinator to Jacksonville - a team that's going to throw a ton after an unusual offseason. I wonder if Thompson, 1 of the best 3rd down backs in the league (when healthy), will have an inside track on the new offense ... I love this guy as an RB3/Flex, similar potential as the backs going in rounds 4-8. 

Welp, see ya later. 

Quality sales pitch on all these guys, but you're still cutting 2 for a kicker/d

Edited by predator_05
  • Haha 2