NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

13 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

It's Damien time now or never imo. 

100%. I think he has the talent and the opportunity. Pats need offensive weapons something terrible, and I think Harris can produce. 

Our biggest concern here is if Bills light up the scoreboard early and Pats are forced to throw often.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tough crowd in here. Expecting a second year back with 4 carries to his name, no offseason, no preseason, a few practices under his belt, to hit every hole and have instant chemistry with the offenive

Before Harris played: Stash him he could be a league winner! After Harris played and ran for 100 yards: I don't know, is he really worth it?  Truly befuddling. Wasn't that exactly was you wer

Think you meant bellcow but I'm always up for more cowbell too

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

100%. I think he has the talent and the opportunity. Pats need offensive weapons something terrible, and I think Harris can produce. 

Our biggest concern here is if Bills light up the scoreboard early and Pats are forced to throw often.

I am not sure how the Pats line is doing this year, but I get the feeling they are around average. I think that KC game provided a blueprint of sorts for how to get after the BUF D, which isn't all that imposing. Attack right at them with the run game, they are undersized some along the D-Line and you can push them back/open lanes. This could be a 20+ carry week for D Harris.

• Thanks 1

The Pats have been bad on offense the past 2 weeks. They aren't going to be lights out this year, but willing to bet these past 2 weeks of this season are more of an outlier than the norm.

I don't think they won't be able to muster 100 yards in the air with Cam again. You just don't see that in the NFL.

12 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

[...] I'm gonna roll with Damien because of a gut feeling I have on his usage. Bills really leak badly with the run, and it's not like Cam can be the entire rushing offence as that's not sustainable long-term. Michel is done and dusted, Burkhead sucks, and White is hobbled. 

It's Damien time now or never imo. This sophomore season is crucial for him to stake his spot in the team, much like it is for the fading Harry. 

Agree 100%.  And the weather there is supposed to suck this weekend, super high winds, no pass game. It's this week or never for Harris. 

ESPN says he's "fine" and expected to start. Cold game and Cam can't throw. Would seem like a run heavy game. Problem is NE has been trying to go run heavy every week but they can't seem to pull it off. D gives up points and Cam has to try and rally. I want to start Harris but a pattern has emerged. 

[...] Rarely do you strike gold on injured WW unknowns... but this why you do it if you have nothing to lose. If he gets 3+ targets a game, he could be a solid RB2 option ros with a higher ceiling. For now, solid floor option

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

He's got this backfield on lock. It's clear they see him as the future, and the RB coach says week to week they want him to touch the ball more. He will be in nearly every first and second down in decently close games. Like someone else pointed out, if they can start working him into the passing game, getting him screens -- wew, he will be nice week to week. With no passing game play though he's still a high RB3 / low RB2.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, sSektor said:

He's the only good player on the Pats offense right now. 

Which means Josh McDaniels will try to outsmart everyone next week and give Harris only six touches next week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

He looks great out there. I've been holding him on my bench all year, so might as well finally start him against the Jets next week.

Fully expecting a dud, but if not now then when?

Yep, if you've been holding he's a must start this week vs NYJ or else what was the point. Of course I also fully expect him to crash and burn now that he's in everyone's lineups because that's how fantasy football works

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Tomy said:

What do you think of Harris in dynasty ? 
i see him take leadership in RB.

But in future, patriots will use a lot? Idk

In dynasty, I'd be buying low wherever I could.  Burkhead and White will be coming off the books next year.  Sony is as good as gone already.  I see the Patriots drafting a young QB to groom, and probably draft a RB as a White replacement.  Probably starting Stidham next year as a game manager with a run heavy game plan.

Definitely a lot of potential value here.