NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tough crowd in here. Expecting a second year back with 4 carries to his name, no offseason, no preseason, a few practices under his belt, to hit every hole and have instant chemistry with the offenive

Before Harris played: Stash him he could be a league winner! After Harris played and ran for 100 yards: I don't know, is he really worth it?  Truly befuddling. Wasn't that exactly was you wer

Think you meant bellcow but I'm always up for more cowbell too

Posted Images

Pretty impressive, I thought I saw a tweet floating around saying he faces the most stacked boxes of any back in the NFL right now. No one respects the Patriots passing game.

This guy is still a tough play in PPR and even standard in negative game scripts because they still don't use him in the passing game. I'm waiting week after week for him to get some targets, but they aren't really coming. The reports in training camp were that the Pats were most impressed with his pass-catching capabilities... too bad.

Edited by harck
5 minutes ago, harck said:

Pretty impressive, I thought I saw a tweet floating around saying he faces the most stacked boxes of any back in the NFL right now. No one respects the Patriots passing game.

This guy is still a tough play in PPR and even standard in negative game scripts because they still don't use him in the passing game. I'm waiting week after week for him to get some targets, but they aren't really coming. The reports in training camp were that the Pats were most impressed with his pass-catching capabilities... too bad.

They're using him like they used Sony Michel, unfortunately. Between the 20s guy that gets no passing work.

He's been very efficient with his touches but, as you alluded to, you can only play him in positive game scripts. Luckily, when you look up the definition of "positive game script" in the dictionary there's a picture of the 2020 Jets.

52 minutes ago, harck said:

This one?

• Thanks 2
48 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

They're using him like they used Sony Michel, unfortunately. Between the 20s guy that gets no passing work.

He's been very efficient with his touches but, as you alluded to, you can only play him in positive game scripts. Luckily, when you look up the definition of "positive game script" in the dictionary there's a picture of the 2020 Jets.

Yeah they are. I was just hoping with all the reports from training camp of his all-around ability they'd turn him loose a bit. Seems like it would be for their benefit if they can get him screen work and the like. If everyone is stacking the box on first and second down when Harris lines up (cause no one respects Pats pass and when White lines up you can play more for coverage), start designing more pass plays around.

1 hour ago, MingusDew said:

Between the 20s guy that gets no passing work.

To be fair they havent been inside the opponent's 20 in a month. The Jets haven't played like they'll run away with game (please god no!) which bodies well for script. I'm torn and desperate for a W this week.

1 hour ago, harck said:

Some post-game praise from Josh McDaniels hints that maybe Harris is earning more passing downs work based on his pass protection. 

McDaniels also saw some “encouraging” moments from Harris in pass protection against a Bills team that frequently blitzed. 

“Young players, that’s one of the areas where, when you come into the league, you don’t necessarily have great exposure or experience at handling blitzes and seeing all the different things that are thrown at you in the National Football League,” McDaniels said, “and Damien was able to pick up a couple secondary pressures on Sunday.”

https://nesn.com/2020/11/damien-harris-garners-rave-review-from-patriots-coach-after-career-day-vs-bills/

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

You probably should be if you own Harris.  Sony was running like a mad dog before he went down.  I expect Sony to get some touches.  Hot hand approach. 

As someone who watches Every Patriots game live, I am VERY confused on your statement suggesting that "Sony was running like a mad dog before he went down."

It's Harris who has run much harder than Sony in games he played. Sony is NOT an impressive ( only in college) runner and if Bill decides to limit Harris' touches in favor of Sony going foward I would be calling for the firing of Bill.

Sony had his chance...and is a fraud, JAG , most WASTED 1st round pick. ever

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

As someone who watches Every Patriots game live, I am VERY confused on your statement suggesting that "Sony was running like a mad dog before he went down."

It's Harris who has run much harder than Sony in games he played. Sony is NOT an impressive ( only in college) runner and if Bill decides to limit Harris' touches in favor of Sony going foward I would be calling for the firing of Bill.

This is exactly what I thought.  But then again, I thought we wouldn't be seeing Sony again this year when they put him on IR.  Thought that was the organization turning the page.  Now he's practicing again, and I'm scared they might actually use him even if it's plain enough that Harris is far and away the superior player.

Honestly I'm probably out on Harris sooner than later, I'm just hoping he can give me a nice game this week. I can't imagine starting this dude in my fantasy playoffs especially if Sony is back by then. 

53 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Honestly I'm probably out on Harris sooner than later, I'm just hoping he can give me a nice game this week. I can't imagine starting this dude in my fantasy playoffs especially if Sony is back by then. 

Oh for sure. I mean just for this week are we worried about Sony 

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

You probably should be if you own Harris.  Sony was running like a mad dog before he went down.  I expect Sony to get some touches.  Hot hand approach. 

Sony was running, and he was mad because he knew Harris was coming and better than him...and he is a former a Jawja Bulldog.

So yeah, I guess you were right. He was running like a mad dog. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Exactly. LMAO. I've owned both and have been following this situation before eventually dropping Michel. I cant recall any moment this year where we could say that Sony was "running like a mad dog". 

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Exactly. LMAO. I've owned both and have been following this situation before eventually dropping Michel. I cant recall any moment this year where we could say that Sony was "running like a mad dog". 

I guess he’s referring to the one game Sony “busted” two of the worst long runs I’ve ever seen in my life. Lol! I’ve seen middle school RBs with more speed in the open field lol. 

• Haha 2

As much disdain as I have for Sony as a Patriots fan you definitely have to be worried. I would not start if he is active. Makes the floor far too low. Talking about a back that is only hitting about 30% snap share and has a direct threat to his role returning.

I would wait to see how it plays out or move on.

Edited by Dirtywater97
3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I guess he’s referring to the one game Sony “busted” two of the worst long runs I’ve ever seen in my life. Lol! I’ve seen middle school RBs with more speed in the open field lol. 

Yes.  This is what I was referring to.