NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

6 hours ago, hard1 said:

May be the last unhindered week to rock him out... 3 td game incoming... then back to the bench...

He was averaging over 12 carries per game and they just got their opening day starter back, I'd say he's got plenty hindering his ceiling.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tough crowd in here. Expecting a second year back with 4 carries to his name, no offseason, no preseason, a few practices under his belt, to hit every hole and have instant chemistry with the offenive

Before Harris played: Stash him he could be a league winner! After Harris played and ran for 100 yards: I don't know, is he really worth it?  Truly befuddling. Wasn't that exactly was you wer

Think you meant bellcow but I'm always up for more cowbell too

Posted Images

It's amazing how unpredictable New England's RB group has been for the past.... I dunno, it feels like a century at least. I have Sony Michel in my IR spot and am starting Damien Williams this week. I think DW is much better as a player, but who knows what happens if Sony comes back. Bellicheck is so unpredictable with this as we all know. I'm prepared for all actualities. 

1 hour ago, zorndogs said:

It's amazing how unpredictable New England's RB group has been for the past.... I dunno, it feels like a century at least. I have Sony Michel in my IR spot and am starting Damien Williams this week. I think DW is much better as a player, but who knows what happens if Sony comes back. Bellicheck is so unpredictable with this as we all know. I'm prepared for all actualities. 

Damien Williams? Hmmmm...

Lol. 

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

He was averaging over 12 carries per game and they just got their opening day starter back, I'd say he's got plenty hindering his ceiling.

Not yet. NE has 20 days to activate Michel. He may or may not play this week. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

He was only their starting RB because Harris got injured; not because he beat him out for the job. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Philly123 said:

Anybody know the cutoff time to where the Pats have to activate Michel to play Monday night? Unfortunately I have to choose between hoping Michel sits, and a player in a 1 pm game. 

I believe they have until 4pm Monday. The usual rule is 24 hours in advance, but it doesn't apply to Monday games. That's my recollection from this situation occurring earlier in the season, which I actually think involved Harris coming off IR.

20 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I believe they have until 4pm Monday. The usual rule is 24 hours in advance, but it doesn't apply to Monday games. That's my recollection from this situation occurring earlier in the season, which I actually think involved Harris coming off IR.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks dude. 

I'm starting because I don't have better options, but I still think he will do well. Sony is a plodder and Harris is much more explosive.

Most importantly, they're playing the JETS. New England O-line will create the space.

Let's hope to see a Sony Michel INACTIVE for this weekend. Will tell us Harris is still the man and Sony is just there for depth. If Michel is active though... Harris' ROS becomes an ugly guessing game where he will likely maintain his job but lose some touches he simply cannot afford to lose when it comes to fantasy.

Edited by harck
4 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Fudge, i felt great about him going against the Jets, and actually had him in a few lineups. Monday night question mark makes me have to force him out.    

yep, why does this game have to be monday night.  Alot of us probably have a Pollard or Dallas, but this matchup is too enticing

I'm pretty sure the Questionable tag is more of a formality. He had the same thing last week with the same ankle and he proclaimed before the game that he's "fine". As we know he went 16-102-1 last week @Buf. 

Damien Harris does not seem very concerned about his ankle injury or the weather in week 8. It was very interesting to see what he had to say about this. Take a look at what he said when he was asked about his injury this week.

“I’m fine,” Harris said multiple times during his video call with reporters. “… I mean, like I said, I’m fine. I don’t even know how else to answer that question. Like, I’m fine.”

https://www.theballzone.com/2020/10/patriots-damien-harris-gives-update-on-his-ankle-injury/

For what it's worth the limited practices mean even less to me considering their game is on Monday and not tomorrow. ie, their Thursday practice is what a typical Wednesday would be for a team playing on a Sunday. Harris also was listed as a 'LP' or 'limited participant' last week before his productive game.

The last several posts make me wonder if many Harris owners are entirely unfamiliar with the Pats screwing around with the injury list week in week out year in year out for about 20 years. Brady was once listed as questionable for some 20+ straight games a few years back for a "shoulder bruise". There's nothing I've seen to verify this Harris "injury" I think it's a bunch of BS myself - the Pats feel a special need to troll crappy teams like the Bengals, Jets.

Michel could be more of a concern - but if he actually did have COVID (his lengthy absence suggests so) I have not even considered him to be a serious threat to play this week. There is no way he'd be ready from a cardio standpoint alone in my non-medical-based-just-common-sense opinion. And again - its the Jets. Why would they need Michel in the game - makes no sense to me. 

Harris to me is a lock for RB2 numbers here with top 5 upside this week. I have other options than him so this is not an opinion made out of desperation for RB2 numbers, plus I generally hate Pats RBs - he is just an easy must-start imo. If he flops here I'll be questioning why he has a spot on the roster.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's 4:00pm - do you know where your Sony Michel is?

Seriously though, I've heard nothing on that front and will be firing up Harris. I'd be happy if he can grind out 8-12 points tonight, but a trip to the end zone sure would be nice.

Isn't the deadline for them to activate Michel for tonight right around now? I'm really hoping the Pats go all in on Damien for the second half of this season, need a 3rd reliable back. Lemme see some pass work today Billy B. Pats offense is the most predictable/telegraphed offense in the game right now. Draw up some screens for Harris.

Edited by harck
6 minutes ago, harck said:

Isn't the deadline for them to activate Michel for tonight right around now? I'm really hoping the Pats go all in on Damien for the second half of this season, need a 3rd reliable back. Lemme see some pass work today Billy B. Pats offense is the most predictable/telegraphed offense in the game right now. Draw up some screens for Harris.

Believe 4:00pm EST is the deadline, yes.

Harris turning into a weekly RB2 would be massive for my team. I'm not holding my breath though, it's the Pats backfield...

6 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Harris SZN is upon us fellas. Good luck to all. 

Season? I think there's a solid chance this is the last only game the entire year I'll be starting him

Edited by owenmills