Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tough crowd in here. Expecting a second year back with 4 carries to his name, no offseason, no preseason, a few practices under his belt, to hit every hole and have instant chemistry with the offenive

Before Harris played: Stash him he could be a league winner! After Harris played and ran for 100 yards: I don't know, is he really worth it?  Truly befuddling. Wasn't that exactly was you wer

Think you meant bellcow but I'm always up for more cowbell too

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Season? I think there's a solid chance this is the last only game the entire year I'll be starting him

So you're telling me if he puts together another 100 yard game you aren't going consider starting a back with 100 yard games in 3 of 5 games while being 2nd in the league against stacked boxes and averaging over 5 ypc?

Let's see what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

So you're telling me if he puts together another 100 yard game you aren't going consider starting a back with 100 yard games in 3 of 5 games while being 2nd in the league against stacked boxes and averaging over 5 ypc?

Let's see what happens.

Depends on how things play out, but very real chance I might not, especially if Sony ends up activated. I like him in this game because they could control the game. Against Baltimore next week or a team like that who can blow their doors off? Not nearly as attractive

Link to post
Share on other sites

Put up 14-71-0 before having to leave with a chest injury. Split carries with Burkhead prior to the injury. Hopefully the chest injury isn't too serious, but it's never good to see a player having to walk to the locker room. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Put up 14-71-0 before having to leave with a chest injury. Split carries with Burkhead prior to the injury. Hopefully the chest injury isn't too serious, it was good to see him walk to the locker room on his own.

 

FTFY

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so out. The injury may be a blessing because people will cut bait who would’ve wasted a roster spot, but I was dropping regardless. No work in the passing game, Burkhead is preferred GL/red zone back, Sony potentially getting involved again. No upside whatsoever. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

His role and usage on this team is one of the most confusing situations in the league to me. Every time I watch him he looks like he could be a Big difference maker , he looks like a future pro bowler type talent to me but they refuse to really use him like that 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, owenmills said:

I’m so out. The injury may be a blessing because people will cut bait who would’ve wasted a roster spot, but I was dropping regardless. No work in the passing game, Burkhead is preferred GL/red zone back, Sony potentially getting involved again. No upside whatsoever. 

yup, dropped as soon as Cam got the goalline TD yesterday

nothing but a blind dart throw

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jharv2k1 said:

His role and usage on this team is one of the most confusing situations in the league to me. Every time I watch him he looks like he could be a Big difference maker , he looks like a future pro bowler type talent to me but they refuse to really use him like that 

 

Josh McDaniels feels like he has to prove he's the smartest guy in the room...which he isn't. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pats back by committee system is maddening. They telegraph all their plays the second Harris and White are on the field. The only time anything is ever in question is when the put Burkhead in. 

The fact that Harris has performed under these circumstances is even more admirable. Upside is definitely capped until usages changes sadly. Which sucks, because I think Harris is a good player.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My guy had 71 rushing yards and the legit potential for a TD before getting injured. 102 on the ground and a TD the week before. Harris was not a dart throw, he was an informed flex play. The injury is just unfortunate. But I will agree with the muddied backfield, so the stress is relieved there that Harris is now confirmed as a drop candidate.

Edited by dropshadows
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

My guy had 71 rushing yards and the legit potential for a TD before getting injured. 102 on the ground and a TD the week before. Harris was not a dart throw, he was an informed flex play. The injury is just unfortunate. But I will agree with the muddied backfield, so the stress is relieved there that Harris is now confirmed as a drop candidate.

 

Harris looked good last night but he was definitely not scoring a TD, injury or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

The Pats back by committee system is maddening. They telegraph all their plays the second Harris and White are on the field. The only time anything is ever in question is when the put Burkhead in. 

The fact that Harris has performed under these circumstances is even more admirable. Upside is definitely capped until usages changes sadly. Which sucks, because I think Harris is a good player.

 

Yeah, the Pats' usage of their RBs has been perplexing in recent years. Not creative at all, and frankly quite predictable. I'm holding out hope in a keeper league because White and Burkhead will be FAs at the end of the season. Fingers crossed that they sign elsewhere, lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MingusDew said:

 

Harris looked good last night but he was definitely not scoring a TD, injury or not. 

 

Eh...certainly debatable. He came awfully close from the 6 or 7 yard line on one drive, was knocked ob at the 1. I viewed Harris as always having the potential to break one off for the long haul. Oh well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dropshadows said:

 

Eh...certainly debatable. He came awfully close from the 6 or 7 yard line on one drive, was knocked ob at the 1. I viewed Harris as always having the potential to break one off for the long haul. Oh well.

 

Yeah I'm just sour lol. He almost broke a long one and he did have that one red zone carry.

He was a smart play without question. Sucks that he got injured.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, hate to see a guy get hurt but I was feeling relieved having an excuse to drop him.

Very talented back but the usage is too maddening to trust.  No passing game work, SOMETIMES in around the goal line but usually pulled for Burkhead.  Cam vultures TDs often enough that in the times Harris is in there you still don't trust them to give him the ball.

Untrustworthy fantasy asset because of the inconsistency in his usage.  Plus Michel coming back soon to muddy things.  Even if Harris has secured the banger role you know they're likely to mix Michel in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

My guy had 71 rushing yards and the legit potential for a TD before getting injured. 102 on the ground and a TD the week before. Harris was not a dart throw, he was an informed flex play. The injury is just unfortunate. But I will agree with the muddied backfield, so the stress is relieved there that Harris is now confirmed as a drop candidate.

Any RB logging touches has 'potential' for a TD. I only saw Harris get one crack near the GL, which he almost scored on. But then Burkhead punched it in. Every other time I can remember they were threatening Burkhead was in there. I really don't think his TD potential is that great because Burkhead is so heavily used in their red zone packages. But that's really what he is, a TD dependent dart throw kind of like Gallman's been the past 2 weeks. Obviously I can work out(has for Gallman)

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Any RB logging touches has 'potential' for a TD. I only saw Harris get one crack near the GL, which he almost scored on. But then Burkhead punched it in. Every other time I can remember they were threatening Burkhead was in there. I really don't think his TD potential is that great because Burkhead is so heavily used in their red zone packages. 

 

Yea, I guess its kind of a pointless debate. Plus, Cam is rushing in TD's too. I just preferred the volume and strength of Harris. Again, its comforting to lay it to rest.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...