NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

Just now, Dirtywater97 said:

As far next year Burkhead and White are both UFAs so getting him at value might be a pipe dream.

Im fine if White stays but if Burkhead stays then id be dissapointed as a Harris owner

• Like 1
  • Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tough crowd in here. Expecting a second year back with 4 carries to his name, no offseason, no preseason, a few practices under his belt, to hit every hole and have instant chemistry with the offenive

Before Harris played: Stash him he could be a league winner! After Harris played and ran for 100 yards: I don't know, is he really worth it?  Truly befuddling. Wasn't that exactly was you wer

Think you meant bellcow but I'm always up for more cowbell too

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TTo34 said:

This may not be his year, but I will actively be targeting him probably somewhere rounds 5-9 next year in redraft.  The talent is there.

Does 22 for 121 not play in your league?

I get that the TDs aren't there, but if you're not starting him against Houston next week you must have some nice options.

Edited by Gandalfthecat
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I get that the TDs aren't there, but if you're not starting him against Houston next week you must have some nice options.

I have him and I'm a huge fan of what he's doing.  The reality is his ceiling is capped this year because of Cam and Burkhead.  I'm simply suggesting that next year is when I think he'll really own this backfield.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I'm a DHarris owner and really like him. I believe he has a bright future...but I won't be playing him against Houston next week. 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

If you're not going to play him against arguably the league-worst rush D, then when? 

When my other guys ahead of him get hurt. He's depth and insurance for me and a guy that I'm keeping an eye as a keeper for 2021. He's going to be a good keeper option for a lot of teams going into next year, especially if Burkhead and/or White sign elsewhere...oh, and Cam, too. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

If I'm an NFL GM I'm drafting every Bama RB I can each year.

Ugh...I hate the Tide. But, RBU. And they have another stud coming out next year. I'll just say it now, as long as he ends up in a situation where he'll be the lead back, Najee Harris is going to be a stud from the jump. Big and fast with soft hands...dude will be a monster. 

But anyway...Damien Harris is emerging, and it was good to see him do it on national TV yesterday. 

Love the player, hate the offense. Burkhead once again outperformed him in fantasy. I think Harris is a fine bench stash and bye/injury/emergency start but he needs NE to dominate gameflow so he can rack up the carries. Surprisingly happened last night although the pouring rain may have helped. If NE can play better he may get that gamescript more often. He's not catching the ball though and Cam/Burkhead seem to be the preferred red zone options. Burkhead seems more matchup proof. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Love the player, hate the offense. Burkhead once again outperformed him in fantasy. I think Harris is a fine bench stash and bye/injury/emergency start but he needs NE to dominate gameflow so he can rack up the carries. Surprisingly happened last night although the pouring rain may have helped. If NE can play better he may get that gamescript more often. He's not catching the ball though and Cam/Burkhead seem to be the preferred red zone options. Burkhead seems more matchup proof. 

The lack of targets is concerning. He's had two (TWO!) targets in his six games this season. Caught both of them, btw, lol. 

• Like 1

Great player hate the usage. Definitely not worth rostering in PPR leagues. 
unless of course your league is big. 
sucks that they don’t give him any targets. 
and to think they could have a complete back if they really used him properly. 
the thing is the coaching staff is still pretty much using a rbbc since that’s what suited brady. I think they’re forgetting that they no longer have Brady. Having James white and Burkhead in there shows their hand. The difference now is that with Brady it didn’t matter if they showed their hand. With cam you pretty much know what’s going to happen if Rex or white are on the field 

Edited by HOF12
17 minutes ago, fingers said:

He probably can haul in passes but Burkhead has been putting together a nice season and is playing very well. 

You!!!! don't be bringing reason and common sense in here... burkhead sucks for our purposes 

• Haha 1

Beat writers at training camp were raving about his pass-catching ability. Unfortunately, the Pats have Harris in a clearly defined role and he's quite good at it. Bruising defenses down. Would love for him to catch passes for fantasy purposes, but it's obvious it ain't happening this year. Still a fun kid to watch, he's really damn good.

If he had a workhorse role in an offense, he'd be putting up 25+ consistently. The guy puts up 12-15 points a week off raw rushing alone with very little goal line work and no passes, alongside a QB who also rushes. Imagine 3-4 passes and goal line.

Edited by harck
33 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Is Sony Michel definitely getting reactivated? I believe the 21 days is coming up. If he does not get activated by 21 days, does that mean he is out for ROS? 

Sony has been hot garbage since after the 2018 playoff run. His explosiveness disappeared after that Superbowl performance.