NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Drew Brees 2020 Outlook

urban2014

Winston is an experienced QB as well, albeit not with the Saints. Hill has been there for a few years. He should have the experience too. Problem is he isn't a starting QB. Just a gadget player.

1 hour ago, MetsSox said:

Winston is an experienced QB as well, albeit not with the Saints. Hill has been there for a few years. He should have the experience too. Problem is he isn't a starting QB. Just a gadget player.

Which is so perplexing.  If he's just a gadget player Why did they pay Hill all that money then?

So looking at the rankings, it's pretty crazy where he's ranked in Yahoo right now, unless I'm just looking at their rankings wrong. They have Joe Burrow ahead of him based on projections for this year. I get that he's an old man, but their offense actually improved from last year with Emmanuel Sanders and Ruiz in the 1st round to help their line. He's almost low enough to get him as a 2nd QB in some leagues. That's basically cheating in 2 QB leagues. Not sure if he was this low last year, but he was the #6 QB 2 years ago, and missed a chunk of games last year that obviously effected his numbers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

So looking at the rankings, it's pretty crazy where he's ranked in Yahoo right now, unless I'm just looking at their rankings wrong. They have Joe Burrow ahead of him based on projections for this year. I get that he's an old man, but their offense actually improved from last year with Emmanuel Sanders and Ruiz in the 1st round to help their line. He's almost low enough to get him as a 2nd QB in some leagues. That's basically cheating in 2 QB leagues. Not sure if he was this low last year, but he was the #6 QB 2 years ago, and missed a chunk of games last year that obviously effected his numbers. 

He won't be drafted as a  2QB in most leagues because of the name recognition.  

Most likely he won't be on any of my teams because he'll be drafted too high as a QB1.

4 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

He won't be drafted as a  2QB in most leagues because of the name recognition.  

Most likely he won't be on any of my teams because he'll be drafted too high as a QB1.

True. He'll definitely be one I'm targeting if I wait on QB but can't wait too long. Rodgers is down there also, but it's still basically him and Adams on that offense. 

19 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

True. He'll definitely be one I'm targeting if I wait on QB but can't wait too long. Rodgers is down there also, but it's still basically him and Adams on that offense. 

Perfect year to wait on QB . In 10ers theres even a chance he doesn't get drafted. Crazy I know 

1. Lamar

2. Mahomes

3. Dak

4. Kyler Murray

5. Deshaun 

6. Wilson

7. Josh Allen

8. Matt Ryan

9. Carson Wentz

10. Daniel Jones ( I rather have him than Drew) 

Listed in no particular order and in regards to purely fantasy , not IRL

Theres still Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Stafford ... if that's your cup of tea ; I have Brees wedged into this Tier 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Perfect year to wait on QB . In 10ers theres even a chance he doesn't get drafted. Crazy I know 

1. Lamar

2. Mahomes

3. Dak

4. Kyler Murray

5. Deshaun 

6. Wilson

7. Josh Allen

8. Matt Ryan

9. Carson Wentz

Theres still Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Stafford ... if that's your cup of tea ; I have Brees wedged into this Tier 

Yes your list highlights why there is no reason to reach for Brees. There will be other QBs that greatly exceed their draft positions.  

If there is one (if not the biggest advantage) in FF, it's waiting to select your QB in the later rounds. 

• Like 1

Drew Brees has been under ranked for years with his ADP and he crushes it practically every year. It’s just absurd even when he was a 5,000 yard QB he was often going outside the top 5 QBs.

That being said Brees is trending towards the Brady path where he can still make throws and win the games with his arm but they’re likely going to preserve him some during the regular season. So I highly doubt he will have another monster season. He’s still a very safe pick as a low end QB1 but there really isn’t much too 5 potential at this point. I’d take him 10/10 at his current ADP regardless. 

13 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

1. Lamar

2. Mahomes

3. Dak

4. Kyler Murray

5. Deshaun 

6. Wilson

7. Josh Allen

8. Matt Ryan

9. Carson Wentz

Allen is overrated this year. I get the appeal of rushing QBs but I can’t convince myself to take a QB that’s going to be in a bunch of 14-10 type of games. Buffalo was a bottom 10 offense last year and I doubt that changes.

With Murray you at least have the safety of him being a near 4,000 yard passer and just in a more potent offense. With Allen you’re putting a lot of your eggs into the rushing TDs basket and that’s just way too much of an unpredictable stat. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Allen is overrated this year. I get the appeal of rushing QBs but I can’t convince myself to take a QB that’s going to be in a bunch of 14-10 type of games. Buffalo was a bottom 10 offense last year and I doubt that changes.

With Murray you at least have the safety of him being a near 4,000 yard passer and just in a more potent offense. With Allen you’re putting a lot of your eggs into the rushing TDs basket and that’s just way too much of an unpredictable stat. 

He was pretty solid , if not unspectular last year. Don’t quote me on it, but I don’t believe Allen had any bust games 2019. Just steady low 20’s fantasy points per game . In due part to his rushing stats of course. One could expect he takes a nominal step forward this season, especially his passing numbers. The addition of Diggs should help with that. 

Josh Allen ADP : 7-8th round

As far as Kyler Murray goes , I’m ecstatic to see what he does in year 2. In agreement with the general consensus & experts , that the kid is poised for a huge season.

Kyler ADP : 5th round 

And Brees if basically a freebie this year, easily snipe able with your final picks. In shallow standard leagues 

Edited by RunCMC

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

He was pretty solid , if not unspectular last year. Don’t quote me on it, but I don’t believe Allen had any bust games 2019. Just steady low 20’s fantasy points per game . In due part to his rushing stats of course. One could expect he takes a nominal step forward this season, especially his passing numbers. The addition of Diggs should help with that. 

Josh Allen ADP : 7-8th round

As far as Kyler Murray goes , I’m ecstatic to see what he does in year 2. In agreement with the general consensus & experts , that the kid is poised for a huge season.

Kyler ADP : 5th round 

And Brees if basically a freebie this year, easily snipe able with your final picks. In shallow standard leagues 

Allen had one single digit points game and another under 11. All his other games were over 15 points so you're right that he has been consistent. That being said, he had 6 games under 200 yards and only 6 games with double digit TDs. I just don't want to put that much dependence on his rushing numbers and rushing TDs. 

• Like 2

brees will be fine, qb1, draft accordingly, the one im worried about is kamara, hes still on his rookie deal, looking to get signed, like herm edwards says, dont hit send, im sure all will be fine tho once the season rolls on, when ur on a rookie deal looking for zeke/gurley/mccaffrey money, twitter is ur enemy

edit:  typo

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, urban2014 said:

I guess nobody likes Hill

I do from a fantasy standpoint, he will be the 2021 new starting QB. Brees will retire after this upcoming year, and Winston is only signed with NOLA for 2020. He will be a starter in 2021 elsewhere.