NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Drew Brees 2020 Outlook

urban2014

28 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

I do from a fantasy standpoint, he will be the 2021 new starting QB. Brees will retire after this upcoming year, and Winston is only signed with NOLA for 2020. He will be a starter in 2021 elsewhere.  

Can’t wait for Hill to start only for him to be an even worse version of Tim Tebow.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

I do from a fantasy standpoint, he will be the 2021 new starting QB. Brees will retire after this upcoming year, and Winston is only signed with NOLA for 2020. He will be a starter in 2021 elsewhere.  

I thought Brees publicly expressed he wanted to play to 45 several times? Hill is NOT a starting NFL Qb lol, but maybe they want to try Winston again, which personally I think is a horrific mistake over just letting Brees play as long as he wants. Shrug

8 hours ago, MrPositive said:

I thought Brees publicly expressed he wanted to play to 45 several times? Hill is NOT a starting NFL Qb lol, but maybe they want to try Winston again, which personally I think is a horrific mistake over just letting Brees play as long as he wants. Shrug

I think it really depends on Drew, if he were to come out & tell the front office I want to play a X amount of years. I’m sure they would happily oblige, even if that constituted 1 year contracts. Just search NoLa on Google , and a picture of Brees pops up along with Lil Wayne. The mans a legend there, future HoFer. As long as he shows the desire to play & his production doesn’t fall off a cliff, we should see a few more years of Breezy.

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, shaolincage said:

Anyone else kind of concerned with Brees going forward with MT's potential injury? On top of that,Taysom Hill continues to steal some plays 🥴 but I guess that's the risk owners take.

After the draft, looking at my roster, Brees was one of the names I was most questioning and concerned about. I had done a few mock drafts and had never even targeted him, but during draft, I had a long wait between picks and there was a big run on top tier QBs, and I felt like if I didn't grab Brees, I'd end up with a guy with low upside so I grabbed him. 

But after getting smacked by Russ Wilson in Week 1 and watching Brees have a very ho hum day, definitely concerning. He roasted TBay last year! Here's to hoping MT is back soon, but def a bit nervous at this point...

Definitely a tad nervous about Brees although something tells me all of NO is annoyed at how conservative they played this past week and Brees airs it out.

Going after Minshew and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. After TN this week JAX has 4 solid matchups in a row -- MIA, @CIN, @HOU, DET. After that stretch, NO has its bye week, and theoretically you get Thomas back and a home game against CAR D that gave up 30+ to LV.

21 hours ago, shaolincage said:

Anyone else kind of concerned with Brees going forward with MT's potential injury? On top of that,Taysom Hill continues to steal some plays 🥴 but I guess that's the risk owners take.

Yup, I was all on narrative street about Payton wanting to pad Brees' stats before he retired, but game 1 didn't prove that and MT going down isn't going to help. 

Every expert on the planet has him as a fade/sit this week.

He looked old. M. Thomas out (although apparently there's nope), they'll lean on the run. Blah blah.

Starting to feel a contrarian streak.

LV D is miserable. And I think Brees/Payton were a bit annoyed collectively they had such a conservative game plan. And it's a Monday night game.

Warming up to Brees...a little. 

I don't think he's cooked--as far as fantasy purposes...the scheme will allow him some numbers, and there are plenty of shoot-outs on the schedule.

But boy, it is pretty sad where his arm is at. He's no threat to push the ball downfield past 20 yards, and even his trademark accuracy is off right now.

12 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I don't think he's cooked--as far as fantasy purposes...the scheme will allow him some numbers, and there are plenty of shoot-outs on the schedule.

But boy, it is pretty sad where his arm is at. He's no threat to push the ball downfield past 20 yards, and even his trademark accuracy is off right now.

Kamara gonna eat BUFFET style this season with Brees' arm strength.

• Like 1