NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Drew Brees 2020 Outlook

urban2014

14 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I don't think he's cooked--as far as fantasy purposes...the scheme will allow him some numbers, and there are plenty of shoot-outs on the schedule.

Hoping this Sunday night is one of them,total is sitting at 52.5 right now.

21 hours ago, Mustangt125 said:

I'm looking to bench him for whoever I can swoop up, be it goff, Fitz, rivers.  Having said that, he's playing my Pack this week so h'ell shred if I bench him.  

Bad week to be playing against Kamara if Kenny Clark sits out.

I'm starting to worry about Brees after 2 weeks. I definitely messed up on missing out on Josh Allen and Kyler Murray. I picked up Herbert to try to get some of that young mobile qb magic. 

We use a team qb in our league and last year the Saints QB position blew up cause Taysom Hill counts towards qb stats.  Thats the only reason I drafted the Saints TQB this year.  And what happens.  For some reason now they DON'T use Hill.  Of course.  Now Brees can't hit a 5 yard pass and Hill is nowhere to be found.  

Even with Thomas most of the first game it wasn't looking promising, without him he has an extremely low ceiling.  It feels like a good game from him will get you low end QB1 numbers at best.  Gotta sit him until Thomas returns, and beyond that the ceiling probably isn't what we hoped for.

Edited by CharlesCC2

Well, on Saturday I was getting nervous and grabbed Big Ben... Then the MNF game happened. 

Man, not even just his numbers, when I watched that game, he just doesn't look like a good QB, those throws were low velocity. 

If he has another average/mediocre outing, I may very well be cutting bait next week as crazy as that sounds. 

23 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Well, on Saturday I was getting nervous and grabbed Big Ben... Then the MNF game happened. 

Man, not even just his numbers, when I watched that game, he just doesn't look like a good QB, those throws were low velocity. 

If he has another average/mediocre outing, I may very well be cutting bait next week as crazy as that sounds. 

I was thinking about trying to make a 2 for 2 trade with him and and rb for an upgrade at qb and wr. I have a couple people in my league with 2 good qbs. His name still holds value and if he does well Sunday night you might be able to pull off a steal. 

His arm look fairly shot, but it did so last year too imo, and he still averaged 26 ppg in my league.  I'm concerned as I should be considering his age and the fact that the sky will fall at any moment because of it, but I'm not sold that he's toast just yet.  I would suggest having a viable #2 option just in case the end is indeed upon us. 

Man oh man, never thought by week 3 I'd be thinking of dropping Brees, but I'm considering it to grab a WR off the WW, that's how bad it is hahaa. For now, I'm planning to start Big Ben and leave Brees on the bench to see what happens, but even if he has a nice game, will be hard to trust him moving forward. Arghhhh

If youre dropping Brees while MT is out, you are bound to miss out on some of his better games.  I get needing the roster space and you probably can do just as well streaming qbs, but this weeks performance should not determine whether or not you hold on to him....

• Like 1

Why are you guys dropping Brees? You can probably trade him on name alone. Im sure you could probably get someone like Tannehill for him and that's a steal. I would be trying to trade him harder if I didnt already have Allen. 

Edited by Dexter75

4 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Why are you guys dropping Brees? You can probably trade him on name alone. Im sure you could probably get someone like Tannehill for him and that's a steal. I would be trying to trade him harder if I didnt already have Allen. 

Nobody is trading for him, name or not. People saw how badly he looked Monday, and they’ve heard every talking head and pundit opine that he looks done. And they’ve probably heard people ask if Jameis should be starting. It would have to be a fellow fantasy owner who’s been living under a rock

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Nobody is trading for him, name or not. People saw how badly he looked Monday, and they’ve heard every talking head and pundit opine that he looks done. And they’ve probably heard people ask if Jameis should be starting. It would have to be a fellow fantasy owner who’s been living under a rock

Well, not having the best WR in football on the field will do that to a QB...

Edited by Dexter75

Welp I swooped him up for free  I'm starting him over Matty ice. Vegas opened the Over/under @ 51.5 points with saints favored by 6.5. I think 2tds is his floor this week. Kamara does most if his damage through the air and I expect a better game out if Jared Cook to help him out. 

Edited by scheibler

Just now, scheibler said:

Vegas opened the Over/under @ 51.5 points with saints favored by 6.5

i'm seeing Packers +3 everywhere, and i think that's a gift (even w/o Adams)

i will hammer the two Aarons 'til proven otherwise 🤷‍♂️

Brees at home is a better prospect than on the road, so there's that, as far as magick foosball is concerned. 

15 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'm seeing Packers +3 everywhere, and i think that's a gift (even w/o Adams)

i will hammer the two Aarons 'til proven otherwise 🤷‍♂️

Brees at home is a better prospect than on the road, so there's that, as far as magick foosball is concerned. 

Everyone is, the spread started Packers +6.5. Vegas is right more often then the public though. Typically when everyone is on one side it's not good for the public

Edited by scheibler