NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Drew Brees 2020 Outlook

urban2014

21 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

I wouldn't sleep on Brees rest of season. He had 28 TDs last year in only 11 games with Thomas. Thomas is a huge difference maker. 

Schedule is not kind the next few weeks:

vs CAR -- underrated pass D.

@CHI -- Tough pass D and outside.

@TB -- Ditto.

vs SF -- They are reeling now but I bet they get their sh*t together by then.

That's now a bye week plus four consecutive weeks of sub par matchups (at minimum).

Short term he's a QB2 with M. Thomas back. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TTo34 said:

I mean, honestly... why the f--- wasn't he rushed to the hospital during the game?  That's pretty negligent.

3 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Dude had 5 broken ribs and a collapsed lung and drove his team to a TD and a FG after. Beast!

Yeah he led a 2 min drill and went down the field, throwing a TD to Kamara with multiple fractured ribs and a collapsed lung...that is next level tough.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TTo34 said:

I mean, honestly... why the f--- wasn't he rushed to the hospital during the game?  That's pretty negligent.

Lol! Why was it negligent and why would you rush him to the hospital? You act like the guy was agonizing on the sideline or in the locker room. He led a scoring drive afterward and then stood on the sideline the entire second half. 

On 11/16/2020 at 8:44 PM, herschel said:

are people hanging on to him or dropping?

Ugh i think I am dropping for Winston. I can't imagine 5 fractured ribs and a collapsed lung is only 2-3 weeks unless they are injecting him with PCP before the game. Does anyone have any medical insight on this from twitter doctors or whoever?

This the same thing as Thomas...........they hoped he'd be back in 2 weeks and didn't put him on IR, and he never got close to being back in that time.  Pretty much nobody thinks Brees will be back in 3 games, yet they won't put him on IR.

Yes, i'm salty.  

• 2 weeks later...

There is def talk that he could be ready by the KC game, but I sort of doubt it...they obv want the #1 seed but won't put him in harms way either.

I saw this on The Athletic:

"Brees is incredibly tough and incredibly determined, but Week 15 still seems too quick considering all of the damage he has to recover from. He fractured nearly half of his ribs and suffered a punctured lung. If the Saints are in a solid playoff position I believe they will be extra cautious with him. The longer he has to rest the better he will perform in the playoffs and the lower his risk of re-injury.

According to our algorithm his injuries won’t fully heal until after the regular season. Playing through one rib fracture is painful, but playing through multiple rib fractures is a whole different kind of pain. Something as simple as breathing or coughing hurts a lot at first, so just imagine running or throwing, then being able to take a hit. Brees needs more time to get back to functioning like a normal person. Then he can worry about returning to football. It’s going to be at least a few more weeks. Week 16 or 17 is a good target, but even then his Injury Risk will be high."

• Like 1