NBC Sports Edge Forums

James White 2020 Outlook

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burkhead does this every year when the starting backfield in NE shrinks down due to injuries and whatnot. Absolute fools gold and anyone that isn’t aware of this hasn’t been paying attention to the NE

Yes, he WAS very steady with Tom...

Noticed a Scott Barrett tweet last night: White averaged 19.3 FPG in losses last season, 11.2 FPG in wins. Though he did average half a target more per game in the wins. I think he was

27 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

James White doesn't earn his money around the goal line. I agree Cam caps his upside a bit, but White is still a RB2/flex depending on the matchup. 

James White isn't scoring many 60 yard touchdowns. When he does receive or rush for them- they are within the 20 yard line. Typically WELL within the 20. If you hurt his already meager touchdown upside, you're relying entirely on catches and yards. If you're okay with a 6-10 point player, then by all means, have at it. I just don't see him being a factor.

22 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

James White isn't scoring many 60 yard touchdowns. When he does receive or rush for them- they are within the 20 yard line. Typically WELL within the 20. If you hurt his already meager touchdown upside, you're relying entirely on catches and yards. If you're okay with a 6-10 point player, then by all means, have at it. I just don't see him being a factor.

His fantasy value depends on one thing and that's pass game usage. TD's are just a bonus. His role as the pass catching back is secure and Pats will have games where they need to throw. 

1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

His fantasy value depends on one thing and that's pass game usage. TD's are just a bonus. His role as the pass catching back is secure and Pats will have games where they need to throw. 

100%, Full PPR is really where you'd want to own him.  Flex/RB3 territory, hoping he receives 10-12 touches minimum per game.

2 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Someone dropped h in my league may spend a considerable amount for james

Seems bold, dealing with family situation/Burkhead, lots to overcome.

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Seems bold, dealing with family situation/Burkhead, lots to overcome.

Burkhead does this every year when the starting backfield in NE shrinks down due to injuries and whatnot. Absolute fools gold and anyone that isn’t aware of this hasn’t been paying attention to the NE backfield the last few years.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Burkhead does this every year when the starting backfield in NE shrinks down due to injuries and whatnot. Absolute fools gold and anyone that isn’t aware of this hasn’t been paying attention to the NE backfield the last few years.

Backfields don't change?

There's a new person taking snaps.

49 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

Backfields don't change?

There's a new person taking snaps.

White has been out the last two weeks and Damien Harris will eventually return. Sony is still getting run. Burkhead produced because of a lack of availability of competition on the roster for week 3. White should not be sitting on waivers and historically has a solidified role as the receiving RB on this team. 

Burkhead scored 3 TDs while playing at a 46% snap share (down 25% from last week). Pointing at one big week as being why someone shouldn't capitalize on another team dropping White feels like bad process. 

31 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

White has been out the last two weeks and Damien Harris will eventually return. Sony is still getting run. Burkhead produced because of a lack of availability of competition on the roster for week 3. White should not be sitting on waivers and historically has a solidified role as the receiving RB on this team. 

Burkhead scored 3 TDs while playing at a 46% snap share (down 25% from last week). Pointing at one big week as being why someone shouldn't capitalize on another team dropping White feels like bad process. 

Exactly right. James White’s role is not in any sort of jeopardy. Once he is back with the team, I fully expect him to be the second best receiving option in NE. Unless we’re talking standard or a very shallow league, he has no business being on waivers. 

2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Harris is back too but I can’t imagine he will be active. 

I really want to play White this week vs KC but I’m quite worried it’s going to be a dud because of Michel/Burkhead. Have to think he’d see a lot of targets if they are playing from behind though.

Why can't you imagine Harris being active? 

8 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I assume he is behind White, Rex, and Sony. There’s also JJ Taylor who has been getting touches. There are only so many roster spots.

If everyone is healthy... Sony and Harris will be the early down backs. White is the passing down back. Rex will mostly go back to special teams. Taylor will be inactive, most likely. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

If everyone is healthy... Sony and Harris will be the early down backs. White is the passing down back. Rex will mostly go back to special teams. Taylor will be inactive, most likely. 

Agreed. This is how I see it playing out on Sunday if NE activate Damien Harris off IR

2 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I assume he is behind White, Rex, and Sony. There’s also JJ Taylor who has been getting touches. There are only so many roster spots.

Taylor is the odd man out. I can’t imagine Harris being inactive, tbh...not after how good he apparently looked in camp. 

Playing KC should be a "White" game.. KC IS going to score, most likely a lot of points.  I'd "guess" White gets 10-12 touches, possibly more.  RB3/Flex until we hear otherwise.  Burkhead will probably mix in with half dozen, "swiss army knife" role, special teams. Taylor should be inactive as others have said.  Again full PPR is where White's value lies.  Hopefully he is feeling well, what a tragedy.

I can see him

get a lot of usage if he’s up to it. Something were he has a big game and dedicates it to his family. 
seems like bill would make sure to give him an opportunity to play his heart out.