NBC Sports Edge Forums

James White 2020 Outlook

6 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Dude is as consistent as it gets. Won't win you a championship but won't lose it for you either. 

Luckily I wasn't playing for a championship today,I kept looking at the updates thinking he must've got hurt.

• Like 1
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burkhead does this every year when the starting backfield in NE shrinks down due to injuries and whatnot. Absolute fools gold and anyone that isn’t aware of this hasn’t been paying attention to the NE

Yes, he WAS very steady with Tom...

Noticed a Scott Barrett tweet last night: White averaged 19.3 FPG in losses last season, 11.2 FPG in wins. Though he did average half a target more per game in the wins. I think he was

2 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Strange Disappearing act considering the game script, maybe they realized it was pointless but 1 catch is perplexing.

sCam can't hit the broad side of a barn right about now...but yeah even the targets weren't there...ugh

7 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Sounds like a you problem 🤷‍♂️

Dude is as consistent as it gets. Won't win you a championship but won't lose it for you either. 

Guess not very consistent today.  

Pats were awful and considering they were behind big time, why wasn't this guy getting the dump offs?

• Like 2
6 hours ago, CooL said:

Guess not very consistent today.  

Pats were awful and considering they were behind big time, why wasn't this guy getting the dump offs?

For sure. My bad on the negative vibes earlier hope I didn't spook James or something 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully the Pats offense is better moving forward this guy is a nice depth piece on my team.

I've also dropped. Probably too early to do so but whatever. He's a low ceiling depth option. I would encourage a team that was 5-2 or 6-1 to hold on to him -- but if you're fighting for a playoff spot you may want to drop and pick up someone with more upside. Kills me cause I still believe in his value but I'll let someone else deal with the headache

1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

I've also dropped. Probably too early to do so but whatever. He's a low ceiling depth option. I would encourage a team that was 5-2 or 6-1 to hold on to him -- but if you're fighting for a playoff spot you may want to drop and pick up someone with more upside. Kills me cause I still believe in his value but I'll let someone else deal with the headache

I think at least one more week of patience is the wise thing here. I understand dropping. He was a safe RB2 level start with his normal usage in every other game he played this year. He missed those games due to the very unfortunate passing of his father. I think that has some people feeling like he hasn't done much this year but he's pretty much been normal James White in the games he's been out there except this. One more week of what just happened and all bets are off. This offense is not good.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I think at least one more week of patience is the wise thing here. I understand dropping. He was a safe RB2 level start with his normal usage in every other game he played this year. He missed those games due to the very unfortunate passing of his father. I think that has some people feeling like he hasn't done much this year but he's pretty much been normal James White in the games he's been out there except this. One more week of what just happened and all bets are off. This offense is not good.

Not every other game. He scored 8 points Week 1 too...that's not getting it done.

I completely agree with you though. What you said is the smart thing to do. I feel like at 4-3 I need to make a move for upside. We know what White will do and I'm comfortable risking losing him on waivers in order to pick up a high upside stash.

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I'm forced to start this fool this week.  Isn't he supposed to be the most reliable?  He hardly played last week in a game that they were getting creamed.  WHY?  

Don't have anything definitive, but the fact he missed WED and THUR practices while they were installing a gameplan might have something to do w/ it?

15 minutes ago, Chippa said:

The san fran game was an outlier. The pats wont get blown out that bad again ros. When the pats are in a competitive game, White is the back to have for new england

I'd think the opposite. It would seem that a game in which they're behind by a lot would be a good game flow for White. As the receiving back in the offense, it would actually seem more optimal for him to be part of the offensive package used to try to get back into the game. 

Just now, Flyman75 said:

I'd think the opposite. It would seem that a game in which they're behind by a lot would be a good game flow for White. As the receiving back in the offense, it would actually seem more optimal for him to be part of the offensive package used to try to get back into the game. 

I think they gave up and decided to look ahead to Buffalo. 

We're on to Buffalo

I'm not starting white, but I bet he gets at least 11 points ppr

19 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Not every other game. He scored 8 points Week 1 too...that's not getting it done.

I completely agree with you though. What you said is the smart thing to do. I feel like at 4-3 I need to make a move for upside. We know what White will do and I'm comfortable risking losing him on waivers in order to pick up a high upside stash.

Week 1 he was our of the game for a fair amount if time with an injury. He's been normal jake's white except for this week. Personally I'm going to hold through the Buffalo game, he should be a focal point 

Rex Burkhead is a better fit in this offense right now. Wouldn't be shocked at all if his role increases throughout the season. This isn't the Pats of old with a dominant Defense and Tom Brady behind center. They can't get as cute and creative with their looks because it just doesn't work the same. Rexy has steadily improved as a receiver and has always been well ahead of White as a runner.

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I think they gave up and decided to look ahead to Buffalo. 

We're on to Buffalo

I'm not starting white, but I bet he gets at least 11 points ppr

I'm not knocking you if you need his 11 points. I believe there are RB's available on the wire who can win starting jobs and get you 12-14 PPG ROS.

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

I'm not knocking you if you need his 11 points. I believe there are RB's available on the wire who can win starting jobs and get you 12-14 PPG ROS.

who? Perine? Josh Kelley? Certainly Carlos Hyde if Carson misses more than a couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

who? Perine? Josh Kelley? Certainly Carlos Hyde if Carson misses more than a couple of weeks.

Personally I'm quite high on Perine and Wayne Gallman -- I believe they will be the starters ROS. Hyde, Hasty, Tevin Coleman also high upside options. Zack Moss is still off the starter radar but I like him plenty as a stash.

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

Personally I'm quite high on Perine and Wayne Gallman -- I believe they will be the starters ROS. Hyde, Hasty, Tevin Coleman also high upside options. Zack Moss is still off the starter radar but I like him plenty as a stash.

yea I like Perine too.

But White will give you a good floor without scoring a touchdown(san fran was an anomaly). He wont go the whole season without scoring a td 

so realistically White can net you between 8-20 points any given week.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Rex Burkhead is a better fit in this offense right now. Wouldn't be shocked at all if his role increases throughout the season. This isn't the Pats of old with a dominant Defense and Tom Brady behind center. They can't get as cute and creative with their looks because it just doesn't work the same. Rexy has steadily improved as a receiver and has always been well ahead of White as a runner.

I think if they don't have a fix for this year's offense, then Harris is a good fit in this offense alongside Burkhead. I contend they need to see what they have in the kid, and both he and Burkhead are good receivers out of the backfield. And frankly, Harris can learn a lot from Burkhead. If White isn't himself this year (physically, mentally, emotionally), then it's going to be tough to keep him as involved as he's used to being. 

• Like 2
Just now, Chippa said:

yea I like Perine too.

But White will give you a good floor without scoring a touchdown(san fran was an anomaly). He wont go the whole season without scoring a td 

so realistically White can net you between 8-20 points any given week.

I understand the upside to White's floor. My point is that value is not worth it to me personally and I'd rather have someone with more upside on my roster. Furthermore, I believe White is in danger of being partially phased out of this offense. Harris + Rexy give this team a better chance to win. 

Just now, Flyman75 said:

I think if they don't have a fix for this year's offense, then Harris is a good fit in this offense alongside Burkhead. I contend they need to see what they have in the kid, and both he and Burkhead are good receivers out of the backfield. And frankly, Harris can learn a lot from Burkhead. If White isn't himself this year (physically, mentally, emotionally), then it's going to be tough to keep him as involved as he's used to being. 

Good point. He went through a brutal tragedy just weeks ago. Hopefully being at work is a welcome distraction for him -- but this team is putrid and he has bigger issues on his mind. Who knows.

• Like 1