NBC Sports Edge Forums

James White 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, YK35 said:

'James White Szn Is Here'

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/target-decoder/james-white-szn-here

'Nearly 24 percent of targets against the Bolts have gone to running backs, the highest rate in the NFL. Backs facing the Chargers this season have seen an average of 7.88 targets per contest.'

Are we buying into this? Solid RB2 start today?

I’m starting him in flex for a ppr league. My next best option would be Denzel Mims. I only worry if gamescrpt kicks in if Patriots get up big early. But the way the Patriots have been playing lately I don’t think it will happen. Newton, in particular, has not been throwing downfield very well. So I’m hoping they do a bunch of check downs and screens to White. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burkhead does this every year when the starting backfield in NE shrinks down due to injuries and whatnot. Absolute fools gold and anyone that isn’t aware of this hasn’t been paying attention to the NE

Yes, he WAS very steady with Tom...

Noticed a Scott Barrett tweet last night: White averaged 19.3 FPG in losses last season, 11.2 FPG in wins. Though he did average half a target more per game in the wins. I think he was

21 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I’m starting him in flex for a ppr league. My next best option would be Denzel Mims. I only worry if gamescrpt kicks in if Patriots get up big early. But the way the Patriots have been playing lately I don’t think it will happen. Newton, in particular, has not been throwing downfield very well. So I’m hoping they do a bunch of check downs and screens to White. 

Yeah in the playoffs 2 years ago when the patriots played the Chargers they went heavy and just ran all over them. Hoping it’s not a similar game plan. 

2 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Honestly I'd probably start Mims over him. I'm holding onto White and I agree that this should be an ideal matchup for him, but I need to see another week of involvement in the passing game before feeling comfortable with a start.

Mims is probably a safe bet for 8-10 points against a porous Raiders secondary. White's floor is rock bottom.