Alexander Mattison 2020 Outlook

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must work for the cable company.

No.  Game won't happen because my team getting Alexander Mattison in a cake matchup against my chief rival, who also happens to be a Dalvin Cook owner, is simply too good to be true.

Dalvin got injured Week 15 last year and missed Week 16 and 17. Mattison missed Week 15, 16, and 17 with an injury of his own. He has started 0 games, you're completely talking out of your a** an

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

That's why I was shocked he was dropped. He shouldn't be dropped regardless. Imo he's one of the top 3-5 main handcuffs that should be 100% owned. Pollard, Hunt, Mattison, Murray & Lindsay (even tho he's hurt)

Hunt shouldn't be on this list b/c he is not a handcuff.  He has stand-alone value (especially in PPR).  The other guys can be dropped depending on how shallow the league is.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Hunt shouldn't be on this list b/c he is not a handcuff.  He has stand-alone value (especially in PPR).  The other guys can be dropped depending on how shallow the league is.

Oh no lol. One of the handcuffs has value that's not good. Switch him with Edmonds. Who cares dude. It's my list not yours lol

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Time to sell to the Cook owner.

It's worth thinking about.  If the Cook owner is 1-4, he can't just write off Week 6 "because he'll be back after the bye."  A Week 6 loss could end a team like that.

9 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

Time to sell to the Cook owner.

This is definitely the way to approach it for Mattison-but-not-Cook owners -- Mattison has little standalone value with Cook healthy this year. Right now is likely the best window to extract that value from the Cook owner. Otherwise you're just kind of holding him waiting for a season-ending Cook injury that may never come.

2 minutes ago, devilfish said:

Why should I sell Mattison who can win me next week!?

That didn't look season ending for Cooks so it depends on where you are in the season.  If you are already falling out of the playoff race, you play him to try and win next week.  If you're on track for the playoffs, it's time to flip Mattison (and his likely few weeks of value) for something that can help you get better for the playoffs.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Read Cooks actually came back in after getting injured, so that doesn't read as too serious of an injury. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back after the bye. Mattison should have one good week at least. 

Yeah, he came back for one play and moved pretty gingerly.  They took him out after that and he stayed on the sidelines.

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Read Cooks actually came back in after getting injured, so that doesn't read as too serious of an injury. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back after the bye. Mattison should have one good week at least. 

Yea, it was kinda weird. He came out of the locker room and did some sprints, cuts. First play out they ran a play action and he looked off and he never came back after

• Like 2

Obligatory Cook injury predictor calculator:

1636919417_ScreenShot2020-10-12at10_57.06AMcopy.thumb.jpg.0c4f32e18181ae01e8201f47259ea054.jpg

No I don't think this is a bulletproof injury predictor but it illustrates why most of us grabbed Mattison.  I'm dangling him to the Cook owner but also not going to sell for depth/bench piece either.  He has top-end RB potential if Cook misses time, and there is a very solid chance he misses time going forward, even if it isn't this week.

• Haha 2

people are just speculating right now.  Next week Minny plays Atlanta, and the following week they have a bye.  So it makes sense to hold out Cook for those two weeks, but with him going back in the game last week, I also wouldn't be surprised if Cook plays next week.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, matanp said:

people are just speculating right now.  Next week Minny plays Atlanta, and the following week they have a bye.  So it makes sense to hold out Cook for those two weeks, but with him going back in the game last week, I also wouldn't be surprised if Cook plays next week.

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic