Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alexander Mattison 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must work for the cable company.

No.  Game won't happen because my team getting Alexander Mattison in a cake matchup against my chief rival, who also happens to be a Dalvin Cook owner, is simply too good to be true.

Dalvin got injured Week 15 last year and missed Week 16 and 17. Mattison missed Week 15, 16, and 17 with an injury of his own. He has started 0 games, you're completely talking out of your a** an

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

lol a whole bunch of nothing. What does this mean? No practice Wed and Thurs, limited practice Friday.   GTD?

🤷‍♂️ your guess is as good as mine.  That was a whole lot of coach speak.  

Edited by ColoWrex
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

🤷‍♂️ you're guess is as good as mine.  That was a whole lot of coach speak.  

That’s Zimmer though, and how he speaks about all injuries. 

Just before the season he called Danielle Hunter’s injury “just a tweak” and that he would be back soon in the first weeks of the season. He is still on IR, and has a good chance of not playing all year.

I am waiting until we get quotes out of Vikings camp that aren’t from Zimmer. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Sounds like maybe one week.

 

 

Agreed - I think if you own Mattison and not Cook, you're hoping you just got a free RB1/2 for week 6, but you shouldn't expect more. And you also shouldn't be surprised if this was just a blip of hope and Cook is okay and does play. If it was THAT bad they wouldn't have even put him back in. But with how he looked and the fact that he immediately came off after that one play does bode well for the possibility of him sitting for a game to piggyback the bye and get right.

Edited by aapox
Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Cook owner, I want to see them give Mattison more touches when Cook plays. Cook had 15 touches in the first half yesterday. That’s too much for any RB, injury prone or not. Mattison can have a role with a ~30% split.

Edited by ponchsox
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

if you own mattison and not cook and have decent rbs i say package mattison and wr for wr upgrade. cash in now especially if cook owner doesnt have rb depth.

If he has already been dinged up 5 weeks in, I think he is a must hold. He is a league winner when Cook goes out... I am not packaging him and another WR for Will Fuller or Robert Woods.

 

If you can land a top flight WR go for it... but otherwise hold.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

If he has already been dinged up 5 weeks in, I think he is a must hold. He is a league winner when Cook goes out... I am not packaging him and another WR for Will Fuller or Robert Woods.

 

If you can land a top flight WR go for it... but otherwise hold.

I think this is probably the right approach.  Hold unless you can get real value for Mattison.  Cook has a history of trying to play through injuries.  Last year he got dinged up in wk 13, tried to play through wk 14&15, before finally missing wk 16&17. 

Cooks a tough kid (i.e. trying to go back in last night) but soft tissue injuries can linger and be reaggravated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jubanton said:

If he has already been dinged up 5 weeks in, I think he is a must hold. He is a league winner when Cook goes out... I am not packaging him and another WR for Will Fuller or Robert Woods.

 

If you can land a top flight WR go for it... but otherwise hold.

yea i was talking wr1 upgrade from inj/name value wr1. for ex julio or cooper + mattison for top 5 wr. get out from julio/dak inj. something along those lines.

upgrading from wr2 from wr3 plus mattison probably not worth depending on roster construction and depth. might ride the lotto ticket if you have that luxury.

Edited by colepenhagen
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cook confirmed to be out week 5, and will be re-evaluated after the week 6 bye.

Looked up adductor strains and it seems these things have the potential to linger with some feeling chronic symptoms for “several months”. 

So this has the potential to be a season long reoccurring issue for Dalvin.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Falcons placed DE Marlon Davidson on the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

This means Davidson either has COVID-19 or is a close contact of someone else who is positive. This is the Falcons' second case after first-rounder A.J. Terrell landed on the COVID-19 list 17 days ago. Terrell was activated last week after his case did not lead to an outbreak amongst his teammates. That will hopefully happen again, though the Falcons are now a team to monitor this week ahead of Sunday's game against the Vikings. Davidson has played 69 snaps so far in 2020, notching zero sacks or pressures. 

 

Marlon better not be messing up Mattison's time to shine!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Falcons placed DE Marlon Davidson on the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

This means Davidson either has COVID-19 or is a close contact of someone else who is positive. This is the Falcons' second case after first-rounder A.J. Terrell landed on the COVID-19 list 17 days ago. Terrell was activated last week after his case did not lead to an outbreak amongst his teammates. That will hopefully happen again, though the Falcons are now a team to monitor this week ahead of Sunday's game against the Vikings. Davidson has played 69 snaps so far in 2020, notching zero sacks or pressures. 

 

Marlon better not be messing up Mattison's time to shine!!!

Too good to be true.  Per usual.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jubanton said:

“If he has already been dinged up 5 weeks in, I think he is a must hold. He is a league winner when Cook goes out... I am not packaging him and another WR for Will Fuller or Robert Woods. If you can land a top flight WR go for it... but otherwise hold.”


What about Mattison & Godwin for D.K. Metcalf? I don’t know if the Cook owner will go for it but he’s also the Prescott owner. Metcalf he won’t have this week anyway. What do you guys think? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to see if Boone gets Mattison's usage when Cook was healthy. Feel like it could be a semi-valuable role for those in need of an RB spot start this week (like me) since Mattison was producing with limited touches in that backup role. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheINC said:

Curious to see if Boone gets Mattison's usage when Cook was healthy. Feel like it could be a semi-valuable role for those in need of an RB spot start this week (like me) since Mattison was producing with limited touches in that backup role. 

Good point.

I think he's worth a stash if you have a previous stash (D Johnson, Kelley, Wilson Jr) that's outlived usefulness. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...