NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Davis 2020 Outlook

Quietly flying under the radar as one the more improved players this season. There could be a few Henry games in the titans upcoming schedule but given how awful the titans defense has been I don't see why he's not in Wr2 tier moving forward 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Long....read if you want....   Corey Davis' usage and numbers for Week 1 - along with the debate here - intrigued me enough to attempt a deep dive on his Three Year Career....   20

Just because a player didn't break out in his first (3) years doesn't mean it won't happen in his 4th year. Are there other reasons that he may not break out? Maybe. But clinging to the fact that he h

With Henry, the Titans are most certainly a run-first team (31 last night!!), however Tannehill threw it up 43(!) times last night with Corey Davis leading the way in targets, receptions, and yards, w

Well that wasn't the game I expected. I get that Henry took over in the second half, but until 1 min left in the first half it was still a 7-3 game, he just wasn't getting targeted. Tied his season low of 3 targets.

Next week could be a bounce back week against Detroit or we could get bamboozled again if we trot him out there. I'm hoping injuries don't force me to play him again.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea what corner from Green Bay will be guarding Corey Davis? Jaire Alexander is pretty much lock down. I think he plays on the same side that Davis lines up on but was thinking (wishful thinking) that Alexander may be on AJ Brown Sunday night.  I may need to slot Corey Davis into my lineup if Keenan Allen is a no-go for the 4pm Sunday game.

1 hour ago, oscar44 said:

Any idea what corner from Green Bay will be guarding Corey Davis? Jaire Alexander is pretty much lock down. I think he plays on the same side that Davis lines up on but was thinking (wishful thinking) that Alexander may be on AJ Brown Sunday night.  I may need to slot Corey Davis into my lineup if Keenan Allen is a no-go for the 4pm Sunday game.

Modern NFL defenses play less than 50% man coverage, and Offenses likewise vary their packages. CBs rarely guard one player these days, so you need to talk about percentages.

Corey Davis lines up on the right(ish) side of the field around 60% of plays, according to https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=11733. Alexander is nominally the LCB, so he will probably see him at least part of the game, but that doesn't mean he will automatically get shut out.

On 12/23/2020 at 8:21 PM, oscar44 said:

I think he will see more of Alexander on Sunday, which definitely knocks him down the rankings some in my mind. 

Hard to sit him after what he did last week, but his floor is 0 (week 9 vs. Chi), so still not a must start by any stretch. 

Have a feeling this game will be more of a shootout so I may have to keep him in my lineup. 

16 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I think he will see more of Alexander on Sunday, which definitely knocks him down the rankings some in my mind. 

Hard to sit him after what he did last week, but his floor is 0 (week 9 vs. Chi), so still not a must start by any stretch. 

Have a feeling this game will be more of a shootout so I may have to keep him in my lineup. 

When the Titans have to throw the ball (which is likely against GB) Corey Davis eats. Start him

On 12/25/2020 at 9:47 PM, GoVols98 said:

When the Titans have to throw the ball (which is likely against GB) Corey Davis eats. Start him

Will they have to throw the ball a lot though?  They have King Henry against one of the worst rushing Defenses and the weather is going to be more suited to a ground and pound game.  I'm just really worried about him dropping a goose egg.  I have M. Williams and T. Johnson on the bench and if K. Allen is out I might be very tempted to put one of those guys in for Davis.