Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Drew Lock 2020 Outlook


J.T. Marlin
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

No, it's not. He will get his whole rookie contract unless he falls completely flat on his face. If Elway brings in another "proven" veteran only to continue sucking the fanbase will revolt.

 

I know Elway has a lot of clout in this town from his playing days but I think the fan base is already a little miffed at his QB choices since Manning. Oswiller & Paxton Lynch in the draft. Flacco & Keenum in FA. Plus a year of Siemien. I doubt they give a 2nd round pick his whole rookie contract (4 years)  to prove himself capable. This offense is set up to be very good with above average QB play. Average or below average (like a 20th ranked qb or worse) and I think they look for an upgrade next year. For the record, I do think Lock has potential to be in the qb 12-16 range this year

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Driskel already whooped up on us a few times with other teams so he'll work fine as a backup for now. Lock will get more than what is to be a potentially truncated COVID-19 season to lose the starting job. If anything, the second round pick has given him a longer leash.

 

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

QB has been a dreadful wasteland in Denver ever since Peyton Manning's HGH started to wear off.

Drew Lock is not going to break the streak.

Only need middle of the road QB play to be a contender with that defense. Which is right where I'm predicting he'll perform with the usual outliers either way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Middle of the road QB play would be a dream for Denver based on what they have had since 2014.  I see middle of the road being about Kirk Cousins/Matt Stafford/Ryan Tanehill level of play.  I don't believe Lock is going to sail within hailing distance of those three.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Middle of the road QB play would be a dream for Denver based on what they have had since 2014.  I see middle of the road being about Kirk Cousins/Matt Stafford/Ryan Tanehill level of play.  I don't believe Lock is going to sail within hailing distance of those three.

Stafford has had quite a few seasons well above middle of the road. Cousins has had 1 season well above middle of the road as well.

Tannehill last season was also well above middle of the road

Tannehill (overall--not just last season) is actually about my comp for him. With more INTs but better arm strength

Enough for the Donkeys to reach the playoffs as a wild card and exit in the 1st round

If he takes a leap beyond that they could be a problem for the division title. Here's hoping not

Edited by mocha4313
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Lock will be Tannehill only in his wildest dream.  The one right after Lock dreams about being The Weekend.

I mean I hope you are right but I'm not gonna be delusional and say that Lock with 2 future top 15 WRs, a future top 10 TE and a Fangio coached Broncos D isn't the scariest threat in the division.

More so than Bustin Trashbert and Carr on many different levels

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

I, and clearly a few others of us, don't understand the love.

 

I wasn't impressed in college.

 

Still not impressed in the Pros so far.

 

New OC in COVID Pandemic year and the guy seems dumb on the field (I've watched his decision making).  This isn't clicking overnight.  I feel defense is a much more natural form of football.  With fewer practices and less gelling I believe a defense (with solid players) can still have some success.  I can't say the same for offense with fewer practices with a guy I'm viewing as below average intelligent QB with one of the youngest offenses in the NFL.

 

Bottom line.  I think defenses gonna eat Lock and the Broncos up for COVID lunch.

 

Yall that think this dude is so good, feel free to call your shot.  If you're playing in a dynasty league and don't expect him to be a viable starter until 2022 please preface your arguments with that so I can just ignore your comments.

 

I'm playing to win titles in 2020 though, and starting a QB25ish (Where I predict he lands ON A PER GAME AVERAGE) will NOT get me into my playoffs.  I need a top 10 QB to make the playoffs, and I don't think any of yall can honestly tell me you give this guy a fighter's chance to crack top 10.  Feel free to call your shot though, I'm sure he finishes within 2 of where I predicted.


Ok I can understand the covid thing. That could put a damper on everything but even then I’m not too worried. That’s Just me tho I don’t mind taking a stab on him late.

But everything else ya said doesn’t worry me much at all. He was good in college really good. I mean he had a 44 touchdown 13 game season in college and played with a Majority of no ones. Besides Albert O I couldn’t tell you one player he played with at Missouri and I looked them up.. never heard of any of them. Joe burrow just had the greatest college football season for a qb ever and he passed for 60tds in 15 games. Lock had 44tds in 13 games. The both played in the hardest conference but burrow had many furture first round draft picks just on his offense and offensive guru joe brady calling plays with the 2 extra games. Lock had Albert O... I kno that’s kinda comparing apples to oranges but think that’s a very impressive season

Besides playing in the hardest conference in college with not much talent he still had success and took care of the ball. He has less interceptions in 4 years college than Drew Brees did in 3 years of college and drew Brees is considered a college great. His arm strength is excellent it’s not josh Allen levels but he can make all the throws. Not to mention the weapons he has now. Those wrs are gonna make some 5 yard outs go for 75 yard house calls. Even the tightends can do that for Denver.
 

Most ppl were not impressed by pat mahomes, Lamar Jackson, and Prescott in college either. They thought mahomes was another Texas tech big numbers flop waiting to happen and Jackson and dak couldn’t translate to the NFL then you look and see they carried the whole team in college and played with almost no other pros and played against other teams with a lot of pros and you realize that Texas tech, miss state, and Louisville teams were only half as good as they were because of those QBs. That’s drew lock as well. Without drew mizzou wins 3-4 games against the pits of the sec like UK and vandy 
 

the new OC has taken his last 3 qbs and made them fantasy viable and I don’t think old busted Eli Manning, case Keemun, and rookie DJ are as good as sophomore season drew lock will be even with Covid concerns. 

 

im sorry this was so long and I doubt I changed your mind but I figured it’s worth a shot.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Lock will be Tannehill only in his wildest dream.  The one right after Lock dreams about being The Weekend.

 

2020 prediction:
shark fin soup served a mile high 

 

Lock gets no respect 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2020 at 5:10 PM, Stonej14 said:


Ok I can understand the covid thing. That could put a damper on everything but even then I’m not too worried. That’s Just me tho I don’t mind taking a stab on him late.

But everything else ya said doesn’t worry me much at all. He was good in college really good. I mean he had a 44 touchdown 13 game season in college and played with a Majority of no ones. Besides Albert O I couldn’t tell you one player he played with at Missouri and I looked them up.. never heard of any of them. Joe burrow just had the greatest college football season for a qb ever and he passed for 60tds in 15 games. Lock had 44tds in 13 games. The both played in the hardest conference but burrow had many furture first round draft picks just on his offense and offensive guru joe brady calling plays with the 2 extra games. Lock had Albert O... I kno that’s kinda comparing apples to oranges but think that’s a very impressive season

Besides playing in the hardest conference in college with not much talent he still had success and took care of the ball. He has less interceptions in 4 years college than Drew Brees did in 3 years of college and drew Brees is considered a college great. His arm strength is excellent it’s not josh Allen levels but he can make all the throws. Not to mention the weapons he has now. Those wrs are gonna make some 5 yard outs go for 75 yard house calls. Even the tightends can do that for Denver.
 

Most ppl were not impressed by pat mahomes, Lamar Jackson, and Prescott in college either. They thought mahomes was another Texas tech big numbers flop waiting to happen and Jackson and dak couldn’t translate to the NFL then you look and see they carried the whole team in college and played with almost no other pros and played against other teams with a lot of pros and you realize that Texas tech, miss state, and Louisville teams were only half as good as they were because of those QBs. That’s drew lock as well. Without drew mizzou wins 3-4 games against the pits of the sec like UK and vandy 
 

the new OC has taken his last 3 qbs and made them fantasy viable and I don’t think old busted Eli Manning, case Keemun, and rookie DJ are as good as sophomore season drew lock will be even with Covid concerns. 

 

im sorry this was so long and I doubt I changed your mind but I figured it’s worth a shot.  

 

I don't care if someone says something long as long as it's not long and stupid.

 

What you said seems intelligent and you defended your side well.

 

This is the internet however, and no one ever concedes on any form of disagreement, so let me make it clear that I will not be the first to break from this mold.

 

I still believe what I believe, but I now respect and understand your beliefs a bit more even if I don't believe them.

 

The next step now is for Drew Lock to shut me up or prove you wrong.  Regardless, I won't be drafting him, but I respect your decision and wish you well.

 

FWIW - I did NOT believe in Dak Prescott coming out and he proved me wrong as well. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

That's what good receivers and garbage time will do for your fantasy football prowess.

Not the place but come on: Getting a top 12 QB with a 4th round pick was excellent by the Cowboys

Imagine what the Bears last year/2018 or 2017 Jags would have done to have Dak Prescott as their QB

Dak may be overrated by Cowboys fans but he gets a lot of undeserved **** just because he is a Cowboys QB too. After his time with Dallas is over we will look back on him and say he was always underrated and good like with Romo now

Anyways for Lock:

way I see it he only needs to be the 20th to 24th best QB in real life with the talent around him for him to be a QB16ish overall and solid QB2, the Broncos offense to be top half of the league and the team to sail into the playoffs with Fangio running the D.

For a legit contender he needs to do more but we aren't there yet (and hopefully we never are😑)

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Lock has the attitude to lead and succeed.   I have seen several interviews with him and I think he is a winner.  He is very cool and collected under pressure and has immense potential with the youth movement in Denver.

I think he is going to shock people this year and end up a top 15 QB.  Well worth a stash in keeper leagues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

Lock has the attitude to lead and succeed.   I have seen several interviews with him and I think he is a winner.  He is very cool and collected under pressure and has immense potential with the youth movement in Denver.

I think he is going to shock people this year and end up a top 15 QB.  Well worth a stash in keeper leagues.

 

I actually have him as my only QB and at +6000 for MVP. Figure I can just pivot to Minshew or DJones if necessary.

2nd year QBs, and anything associated with their teams, are where the value is in the NFL.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...