NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Stick With Rookies? Or Win Now? (WHIR)

Obviously the shortened season is going to have varying impacts on the way some of us construct our rosters, but I'm wondering what some people think the best course of action is for my roster. This is what I have currently:

12 team, 5 keeper (4 Years), H2H. 2 pickups per week.

Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLUG // IP, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

C) W. Smith
1B) Alonso
2B) Lux
3B) Bryant
SS) Turner
OF (x3)) Acuna, Bellinger, Judge
UTIL (x2)) Cruz, Adell, Carlson

SP) DeGrom, Buehler, Kluber, Luzardo, Price, Boyd, C. Martinez, Weaver, C. Smith, Puk, Mize

RP) Kela, Hicks (IR)

I currently have 3 prospects on my roster in Adell, Carlson, and Mize, but I doubt any of them have a chance at becoming one of my 5 keepers for next year. Should I hold on to any of them in hopes for major contributions this year? Or would dropping any for bench bats like Joc/Happ/Castro be a better use of the space with the NL DH? I also do have to drop one player for Hicks if he is ready to return.

Appreciate any responses and am willing to help if you drop your links below. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, WashingtonNats said:

I'm not sure what I'd do tbh, but I just gotta say that's some good a** pitching you have lmao. I have similar pitchers in my dynasty

Lol thanks, this was our 5th year so all the big name year 1 keepers went back into the draft and allowed me to get DeGrom/Turner with 2 1sts to go with my other guys. Tough year for the short season to happen though when I'll have to throw a lot of guys back next year.

3 hours ago, DonaldsDucks said:

Obviously the shortened season is going to have varying impacts on the way some of us construct our rosters, but I'm wondering what some people think the best course of action is for my roster. This is what I have currently:

I currently have 3 prospects on my roster in Adell, Carlson, and Mize, but I doubt any of them have a chance at becoming one of my 5 keepers for next year. Should I hold on to any of them in hopes for major contributions this year? Or would dropping any for bench bats like Joc/Happ/Castro be a better use of the space with the NL DH? I also do have to drop one player for Hicks if he is ready to return.

Appreciate any responses and am willing to help if you drop your links below. Thanks!

Keep Carlson.  He should get regular playing time this season and has awesome potential.  So does Adell and Mize but a 5 keeper is basically a mere redraft given all your star players you'd keep ahead of them already so since they won't get much playing time and will start the season on the taxi squad probably yeah drop them.  (This is why I hate redrafts and shallow keeper leagues.  You have to throw away players like Adell and Mize.  That would kill me).

• Like 2

Your team is stacked with SP already, so I would drop Mize and pick up somebody who can help you win in 2020. Mize will eventually be good but I think his real value is a couple of years away yet. I doubt if he'll be a keeper at the end of the year, so you should be able to redraft him next year 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DonaldsDucks said:

I think I would probably drop Weaver for Joc or Happ: I would want Joc first

• Like 1