NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Julian Edelman 2020 Outlook

i think Stidham would be better for Edelman fantasy wise. I visioned Stidham just locking in on him since Edelman is the only WR that knows what the hell is going on...

With newton.....this helps the run game more than the passing game. 

or am i wrong? i need to go back and revisit Newtons passing yards/TD's in his injury free games...  brb

• Like 1

I still have the Pats players around the same spot. Cam has never been the best passer in the world. Maybe a slight upgrade but I'm not going to bank on it.

edit: forgot to say, LOVE the GIF

Edited by aapox
  • Like 1

I’m just still astonished by the Pats’ PR team’s timing this signing to deflect attention from their (again) cheating - although maybe they just all had the memo and understand when to activate these days.  In any event, waiting on Cam to throw touch passes in rhythm to a slot receiver isn’t going to end well.

Edited by BMcP

13 hours ago, BMcP said:

I’m just still astonished by the Pats’ PR team’s timing this signing to deflect attention from their (again) cheating - although maybe they just all had the memo and understand when to activate these days.  In any event, waiting on Cam to throw touch passes in rhythm to a slot receiver isn’t going to end well.

The Hate for the Pats continues: I love it: it always seems to be Seahawks fans  :) 

I think the bolded is correct though: I'm under the impression that Cam likes to throw to bigger WR: Harry might be a better bet this year IMO

3 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

The Hate for the Pats continues: I love it: it always seems to be Seahawks fans  :) 

I think the bolded is correct though: I'm under the impression that Cam likes to throw to bigger WR: Harry might be a better bet this year IMO

Exactly if anything , Harry is the big winner in all this. Edelman will not get peppered with targets anymore , nor is it Cam’s specialty ... those quick strike short passes . Brady perfected it over the years & his rapport with Julien shouldn't be understated. Surprised there isn’t more talk about N’Keal to be honest. If the kid stays healthy & so does Cam lol , a mini sophomore breakout season is very possible. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Exactly if anything , Harry is the big winner in all this. Edelman will not get peppered with targets anymore , nor is it Cam’s specialty ... those quick strike short passes . Brady perfected it over the years & his rapport with Julien shouldn't be understated. Surprised there isn’t more talk about N’Keal to be honest. If the kid stays healthy & so does Cam lol , a mini sophomore breakout season is very possible. 

Neal will probably be dirt cheap in draft and you can get him as your WR4

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, street sharks said:

Anyone feel like this guy is super undervalued right now?

Yes, and no. There are other breakout WRs going for nice value around the Edelman territory I'd rather take a shot on. Gallup, Fuller, Cooks, and Deebo are in that group.

On 8/28/2020 at 9:44 PM, street sharks said:

Anyone feel like this guy is super undervalued right now?

Mega underrated. The guy still has insane separation and is the focal point of their offense. Cam is gonna dot him up and he’s gonna be a PPR machine imo

Grabbed Edelman in the 8th round in my 12 teamer. I get that Brady isn't there and he's another year older, but for crying out loud, we're talking about a dude who had 100 freaking receptions last year and was a top 10 guy in basically every league. 

He's a safe and bonafide WR2 in PPR and you can get him for dirt cheap. I see very little downside. 

As if there was ever a question but this is good to see.  If Edelman can stay healthy, he should crush his ADP:

• Patriots QB Cam Newton is frequently targeting WR Julian Edelman in practices. 

Beat writer Jeff Howe reports a "strong connection" between the veterans. Edelman has led all pass catchers in targets during recent practices. Newton, per Howe, has also checked down to running backs quite a bit. The 33rd wideout off the draft board in 12-team leagues, Edelman was largely written off by fantasy managers this summer. He could be in line for another year of massive target volume thanks in part to the Patriots having one of the NFL's worst receiver groups. While N'Keal Harry has shown some deep ball chemistry with Newton in Patriots practices, his production will probably be volatile this year. 

RELATED: 
    SOURCE: The Athletic
    Sep 10, 2020, 10:03 AM ET

•  

•