NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Julian Edelman 2020 Outlook

27 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

It’s alarming he wasn’t in on 2 wr sets, wish there was more clarity on the situation, seems crazy they prefer Byrd and Harry to this guy

They only threw the ball 19 times - 7 targets to Edelman which is fantastic.  Heavy run game last week but you can certainly bet that will change vs the Seahawks. 

Good bet he sees 10+ targets in this one.

On 9/17/2020 at 5:22 PM, ludawg23 said:

They only threw the ball 19 times - 7 targets to Edelman which is fantastic.  Heavy run game last week but you can certainly bet that will change vs the Seahawks. 

Good bet he sees 10+ targets in this one.

Great call, Edelman is going to be a steal this year at his adp. He will be a little game script dependent but we just saw what happens when Cam is forced to throw.

6 hours ago, BadMoon said:

Edelman half killed himself putting up crazy numbers like this. He’s going to need a couple weeks off if he plans on making it through the season.

That’s what I came here to ask. Is he a sell high due to his knee? Collinsworth mentioned he looked like it was bugging him towards the end. That tackle at the goal-line worried me too.

He’s a machine in PPR, but worried injuries may limit him. But after the blood bath this week, no one is really safe.

8 minutes ago, TheBridge2011 said:

That’s what I came here to ask. Is he a sell high due to his knee? Collinsworth mentioned he looked like it was bugging him towards the end. That tackle at the goal-line worried me too.

He’s a machine in PPR, but worried injuries may limit him. But after the blood bath this week, no one is really safe.

No one is really buying. Better to ride him and Cam than selling low

24 minutes ago, TheBridge2011 said:

Edelman will trot out with a peg leg before he lets a knee injury sideline him

1 hour ago, harck said:

Hoping he has another big game so I can use him as a trade chip. Even with his last big outing, people aren't really biting because of his perma Q status.

People should be used to that Perma Q, it’s been like that even since last year. He’s someone you won’t get much for (Trade value) but you’d rather have him on your bench at worst case scenario instead of in your opponent’s starting lineup. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

People should be used to that Perma Q, it’s been like that even since last year. He’s someone you won’t get much for (Trade value) but you’d rather have him on your bench at worst case scenario instead of in your opponent’s starting lineup. 

Exactly. If you aren't getting the full dollar amount... Why sell? Put edelman on till the wheels fall off

Again the Q tag.. 6 targets/2 receptions, Burkhead dominated.  Assuming par for the course, Q.  White has returned, Harris returned, Burkhead and Sony, we'll see how a healthy backfield affects Edelman's usage.

Should be an ideal game for him similar to the Seahawks game where they will need to throw to stay in the game.

Chiefs have been pretty solid against the pass but Edelman in the slot is usually a plus against most teams.  Feeling a good bounce back game this week.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:38 PM, mjb said:

Again the Q tag.. 6 targets/2 receptions, Burkhead dominated.  Assuming par for the course, Q.  White has returned, Harris returned, Burkhead and Sony, we'll see how a healthy backfield affects Edelman's usage.

Man is getting near 30% of the Patriot's target share, crazy numbers for a WR. Not worried about Edelman performing in gameplans that tilt towards passing; however, we do have to be weary of those run games like the Raiders last week. Everyone thought he'd torch a weak Raiders secondary, especially because they can't guard the slot -- but the Pats' gameplan was just to run them into the ground.

I think as the year goes on though, more teams will stack the box against the Pats and force them to throw more which bodes well for Edelman. This guy is still WR1 here and I don't see Harry taking that over or Byrd. Belichick might trade for a WR mid-season though, we'll see.

Edited by harck
  • Thanks 1

Was really hoping Edelman would be a consistent WR3 with WR2 upside in PPR like he has been in past years (hell he was a WR1 last year), but man, the last two games have been terrible. Both games were heavily run oriented, but he also just looked bad on the eye test. Lots of drops, immediately dove to the turf to avoid tackles; feels like he is playing hurt, more so than he usually is.

Harry and Harris shined tonight. Lookin like more and more Harry is the go to WR for the pats QBs.

Edited by harck

I wouldn't drop him, but his outlook definitely went from bright to foggy. Need to see him in one more game, but the last two weeks were indeed terrible and he might start to lose both Belichick's and his QB's confidence as the go to WR.

Cam still seems to love Edelman, but Cam is out for probably at minimum 2-3 weeks so.

Edited by harck

39 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Anyone rolling the dice on him this week?  Looks like Cam will cut it very close to playing this week, but on MNF not sure if I can trust playing him and getting stuck w Stidham throwing picks all day.

He's my covid alternative. So first off the bench if the titans game is cancelled for some reason. If Cam's in I'd feel alil more confident but after watching that last game and it seemed like he was never on the field. That really turned me on him

29 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

He's my covid alternative. So first off the bench if the titans game is cancelled for some reason. If Cam's in I'd feel alil more confident but after watching that last game and it seemed like he was never on the field. That really turned me on him

I dont have that option and do have Diggs going Tues. Still feel like you can't trust Edelman until Cam is back. I just wish we knew Cam's status before Sunday's games.