NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julian Edelman 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, TheINC said:

I dont have that option and do have Diggs going Tues. Still feel like you can't trust Edelman until Cam is back. I just wish we knew Cam's status before Sunday's games.

Maybe someone off the wire ? Or make a trade before the games go off tomorrow? Take a screenshot of edelmans ranking from last year and send it to the owners your trying to trade with.  Hype him up some lol. Think he was 4th in my PPR league

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I know Cam isn't the most accurate passer, but an improvement over an unknown in Stidham.

I'd say if he can take the PEDs and not get caught, he might return WR3 value.

People should be used to that Perma Q, it’s been like that even since last year. He’s someone you won’t get much for (Trade value) but you’d rather have him on your bench at worst case scenario instea

16 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Maybe someone off the wire ? Or make a trade before the games go off tomorrow? Take a screenshot of edelmans ranking from last year and send it to the owners your trying to trade with.  Hype him up some lol. Think he was 4th in my PPR league

Lol that's wishful thinking based on what Edelman's done this season and the other owners in my league. I'm just more curious as to who is actually trusting him this week if Cam is a no go and what ppl's expectations are. Bronco's are decimated on D but still have an above average run D which maybe would force the pass more?  Does Stidham favor Byrd/Harry over Edelman?

1 hour ago, TheINC said:

Lol that's wishful thinking based on what Edelman's done this season and the other owners in my league. I'm just more curious as to who is actually trusting him this week if Cam is a no go and what ppl's expectations are. Bronco's are decimated on D but still have an above average run D which maybe would force the pass more?  Does Stidham favor Byrd/Harry over Edelman?

I've traded worse. Not that wishful. No cam maybe he can get 10 PPR. Super lucky to get a TD. 

36 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I've traded worse. Not that wishful. No cam maybe he can get 10 PPR. Super lucky to get a TD. 

In my league it is, esp edelman coming off those 2 horrible games. Maybe after week 2...and believe me i've tried shopping him. Can't even get Swift for him right now.

Edited by TheINC

Yeah you just have to hold and hope he has a bounce back game. Edelman is one of the hardest players to move because Belichick keeps that permanent Q tag on him and it makes people wary regardless of the fact that he always plays anyway. Two terrible performances to boot and a shift to a run heavy offense... he's basically untradeable outside of a package.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, TheINC said:

In my league it is, esp edelman coming off those 2 horrible games. Maybe after week 2...and believe me i've tried shopping him. Can't even get Swift for him right now.

That sux dude. Maybe attach someone to him? Good luck regardless. If you start him I hope you get 15+ . That'll help you plus all of us that wanna trade him. Win win for everyone

• Like 1

Hard to be consistent when you are considered to be “over the hill” WR, those hits when you catch the ball in the middle of the field are getting harder and harder for your body, and you don’t have the GOAT throw the ball to you, just when you getting a 15+ targets with your QB, he gets Covid and they throw in 2 backup...life is just hard right now. 

For sure, anyone that watched the game last week could see he was immediately diving to the turf after catches to avoid taking hits. His knee injury might be worse than the standard "Edelman is banged up year to year" scruffs.

I'm benching for maybe one more game then he gone. The first couple games showed promise - but his last game showed that his floor even w/Cam is quite low.

Holding for now because I need to see something that awful again to be sure. I expect some production v a depleted SF D.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Starting him out of necessity due to byes - don’t feel good about it.

I was pretty harsh on Edelman as of two days ago. Reality is, Patriots got all jacked cause of covid. BB took it upon himself to go virtual for two weeks. You can’t get on the same page doing virtual practices and walkthroughs. The team was a mess. Every so often, Pats have a season where everyone freaks out and the talking heads talk about how they are no good. 

Bb is fine

Cam is fine

edelman will be fine. Probably has 7 catches 80 yards next week. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, indycolts88 said:

Not sure what to do with the guy.  Weird game script today I suppose, but he’s probably safe to move on from in shallow leagues at this point.   

Drop him. That offense is BAD B-A-D

29 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

A relief to any owners who still played this guy.

This guy doesn't exist if Bledsoe never got hurt.

Edited by this guy right here