NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm the Commish in my ESPN league. This weekend, I had to face my opponent who owned Taysom Hill. He slotted him in his TE spot and had Mahomes in his QB spot. Some other members in my league talked a

Heres my thing: it was well established Taysom's position eligibility before the season.  If a commissioner wanted to make a rule PRIOR to the season I get that. But to try to pull rank during the sea

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Glad you called to confirm what I already told you in the other thread lol

FYI .. I was just tinkering with my ESPN lineup i cannot make one single move, till Hill is out of the TE spot. I tried moving CEH out of the flex spot to my RB  ... nope .. Harris stays at RB 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

FYI .. I was just tinkering with my ESPN lineup i cannot make one single move, till Hill is out of the TE spot. I tried moving CEH out of the flex spot to my RB  ... nope .. Harris stays at RB 

The ESPN platform is quite frankly hilarious.  Their lead programmer should be hanging his head in shame.

As long as team managers make no other moves, they will be able to leave temporary starting QB Taysom Hill in their TE spot indefinitely.  What a complete joke.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The ESPN platform is quite frankly hilarious.  Their lead programmer should be hanging his head in shame.

As long as team managers make no other moves, they will be able to leave temporary starting QB Taysom Hill in their TE spot indefinitely.  What a complete joke.

I like that FleaFlicker automatically removed Taysom from WR and Flex slots as soon as they removed WR from his eligibility. 

11 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You really think those teams on ESPN are going to be able to survive rest of season without shuffling around their lineup or make a move? I doubt it. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

What facts are those?

The fact that on nearly every team in the league now there are pass-catchers who wear “traditional” QB Jersey numbers?

Player Numbers by Position
(NFL Rule 5, Section 1, Article 4)

All players must wear numerals on their jerseys in accordance with Rule 5, Section 3, Article 3c (see NOTE 1), and such numerals must be by playing position as follows: quarterbacks, punters, and placekickers, 1-19 (and 10-19 for wide receivers if 80-89 are all otherwise assigned); running backs and defensive backs, 20-49; centers, 50-59 (60-79 if 50-59 unavailable); offensive guards and tackles, 60-79; wide receivers and tight ends, 80-89; defensive lineman, 60-79 (90-99 if 60-79 unavailable); and linebackers 50-59 (90-99 if 50-59 unavailable).

If a player changes his position during his playing career in the NFL and such change moves him out of a category specified above, he must be issued an appropriate new jersey number.

Any request to wear a number for a special position not specified above (e.g., H-back) must be made to the Commissioner.

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

You really think those teams on ESPN are going to be able to survive rest of season without shuffling around their lineup or make a move? I doubt it. 

If they can get 20 more points than their opponent at TE every week, I think they'll be fine.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

If they can get 20 more points than their opponent at TE every week, I think they'll be fine.

I mean yeah your right. I just imagine it would be tough without editing any part of your lineup for the duration. From what I gather the bigger problem doesn’t really lie with not being able to pick up FA’s/ play waivers etc. but more about not being able to edit your lineup without getting invalid tag. If these teams have say McCaffrey on their bench they won’t be able to swap McCaffrey back into their starting lineup without addressing Tayson in their TE spot first. 

49 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Highly unlikely. I know I will roll with Hill in my TE spot this week. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

I mean yeah your right. I just imagine it would be tough without editing any part of your lineup for the duration. From what I gather the bigger problem doesn’t really lie with not being able to pick up FA’s/ play waivers etc. but more about not being able to edit your lineup without getting invalid tag. If these teams have say McCaffrey on their bench they won’t be able to swap McCaffrey back into their starting lineup without addressing Tayson in their TE spot first. 

Just depends. They could have a fine set and forget lineup loaded, or they could have 3 players on bye next week. I'm sure there are a significant number of people who can leave it untouched, which is a disaster.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Highly unlikely. I know I will roll with Hill in my TE spot this week. 

Somewhat off topic, but do you play in a league with people you know (and for money) or is it a random league with total strangers? Just curious. 

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

This is my first year playing on ESPN and I hate it.  I'm used to Yahoo.  I find the platform to be inferior.  Maybe I just don't know how to search for players by sorting stats, etc.  Seems like I can only see the projected points for the week but can't look for other parameters like "projected points for remainder of season", "season total", etc.

So I'm not surprised that they can't get it together.  But yes, I haven't moved out Hill and it won't even let me do anything.  It has a reminder to me to move Hill out of TE.  But that's it.

47 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

15 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

For sure.  Who cares about swapping out a defense for a higher projected one if Hill can easily get you 20?  ESPN tried to "fix" a problem by removing the TE designation, but it still leaves a loophole.  If they were going to screw with leagues by removing a TE designation that the guy has had the entire season - and surely in some leagues he was rostered the whole season, waiver pickups were made, trades were made, etc. for the sole reason of having this designation - then they should have gone all in and figured out how to invalidate Hill in the TE slot.  If you're a Hill owner and can manage to win the championship from here on out without needing to make any moves for five weeks, then kudos to you and your team deserves to win because it must be a powerhouse already.

• Like 1
Just now, Sonny_D said:

Somewhat off topic, but do you play in a league with people you know (and for money) or is it a random league with total strangers? Just curious. 

No money ... I wouldn’t say total strangers most of the leaguemates were from the old defunct ESPN boards, the league has been around since 2014 

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

This is my first year playing on ESPN and I hate it.  I'm used to Yahoo.  I find the platform to be inferior.  Maybe I just don't know how to search for players by sorting stats, etc.  Seems like I can only see the projected points for the week but can't look for other parameters like "projected points for remainder of season", "season total", etc.

So I'm not surprised that they can't get it together.  But yes, I haven't moved out Hill and it won't even let me do anything.  It has a reminder to me to move Hill out of TE.  But that's it.

For sure.  Who cares about swapping out a defense for a higher projected one if Hill can easily get you 20?  ESPN tried to "fix" a problem by removing the TE designation, but it still leaves a loophole.  If they were going to screw with leagues by removing a TE designation that the guy has had the entire season - and surely in some leagues he was rostered the whole season, waiver pickups were made, trades were made, etc. for the sole reason of having this designation - then they should have gone all in and figured out how to invalidate Hill in the TE slot.  If you're a Hill owner and can manage to win the championship from here on out without needing to make any moves for five weeks, then kudos to you and your team deserves to win because it must be a powerhouse already.

Lol. No, it just means you’re a cheat man. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, CooL said:

I am just the opposite I find ESPN far more superior but that has been my go to platform for a damn long time. This year I am also using yahoo & NFL. 

What is funny to me is that the ACTUAL NFL teams literally do every thing they can to get an advantage.....pushing the limits along the way. Whether it is having linemen become eligible receivers w/out the defense knowing it or using electronic means to learn about the opposition, they do it time and time again! Just look at the Antonio Brown and Kareem Hunts.....the NFL doesn't subscribe to the idea of "being a gentlemen". It's about winning....and nothing else.

Hilarious that some expect fantasy players to have some sort of higher standards or moral compass then the professional sports league this is all built around.

Everybody is all up in arms about how unfair this is.....what I think is more BS is when a player is rumored to be suspended entering the season, but nobody has a damn clue what the outcome will be (Zeke a couple of years ago comes to mind). There is always somebody who drafts them earlier then "they should go" and if an appeal is overturned, BAM, instant league winner. Those are the type of situations that f--- up leagues.....not this.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, meverett85 said:

What is funny to me is that the ACTUAL NFL teams literally do every thing they can to get an advantage.....pushing the limits along the way. Whether it is having linemen become eligible receivers w/out the defense knowing it or using electronic means to learn about the opposition, they do it time and time again! Just look at the Antonio Brown and Kareem Hunts.....the NFL doesn't subscribe to the idea of "being a gentlemen". It's about winning....and nothing else.

Hilarious that some expect fantasy players to have some sort of higher standards or moral compass then the professional sports league this is all built around.

Everybody is all up in arms about how unfair this is.....what I think is more BS is when a player is rumored to be suspended entering the season, but nobody has a damn clue what the outcome will be (Zeke a couple of years ago comes to mind). There is always somebody who drafts them earlier then "they should go" and if an appeal is overturned, BAM, instant league winner. Those are the type of situations that f--- up leagues.....not this.

No, terrible analogy. You know who Zeke is and what position he plays. The only question is if/when he plays. 

If Jared Goff, Carson Wentz and Ben Roethlesberger had TE designations, they’d be the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks in fantasy drafts. That’s how stupid it is to have anyone listed under QB/TE/WR dual designation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, meverett85 said:

I think the problem I have is that Taysom Hill never should have been given the TE designation in the first place.  1)  Hill is a QB, not a TE, and 2) Hill is a gadget player who only plays a few snaps per game.

I have no problem with fantasy team managers taking full advantage of ESPN's stupidity.  More power to them.  But ESPN has now compounded their stupidity of designating Hill as a TE by now attempting to undesignate him, but in a way that can be easily circumvented.

Again--fantasy team managers who took advantage of this loophole?  Good job, lol.

ESPN Fantasy Platform--you are the weakest link.  Goodbye.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now that Hill's TE eligibility has been removed, if you are someone leaving him in the TE spot and are proud of it I'm assuming you are also the type of person to accidentally get credit for someone else's work and feel proud of yourself.  

I had this argument last week and I still can't believe people actively think it's ok to leave a player in a position he isn't eligible for.  

Anyone who does that and wins a championship should feel ashamed that they won it like that...but then again people doing that also probably think the Astros title is legit.

Just sad...

Edited by GottaGetTheWin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Now that Hill's TE eligibility has been removed, if you are someone leaving him in the TE spot and are proud of it I'm assuming you are also the type of person to accidentally get credit for someone else's work and feel proud of yourself.  

I had this argument last week and I still can't believe people actively think it's ok to leave a player in a position he isn't eligible for.  

Anyone who does that and wins a championship should feel ashamed that they won it like that...but then again people doing that also probably think the Astros title is legit.

Just sad...

Any more pathos to this? I'm leaving him in there. I'm not proud, I'm not ashamed. If I have to change my lineup due to injuries I will do it. If the commissioner or the league wants him out of this position I'll send him to the bench. That's all, I don't care too much.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Any more pathos to this? I'm leaving him in there. I'm not proud, I'm not ashamed. If I have to change my lineup due to injuries I will do it. If the commissioner or the league wants him out of this position I'll send him to the bench. That's all, I don't care too much.

Try putting Hill in your DEF slot and keep quickly hitting save, Just keep doing it over and over. Eventually it might save. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't play on ESPN, and have leagues on other platforms, and they didn't have this designation.

Was there ever an explanation as to why Hill even had that eligibility?  It seems to only have been on ESPN.  Was there some rumor he would like up at TE?  Has he ever even lined up at TE?

I think it is all a conspiracy by ESPN to get people to talk about their platform :P

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2