NBC Sports Edge Forums

On 11/25/2020 at 9:43 AM, shakestreet said:

FYI .. I was just tinkering with my ESPN lineup i cannot make one single move, till Hill is out of the TE spot. I tried moving CEH out of the flex spot to my RB  ... nope .. Harris stays at RB 

I know that typically ESPN allows you to submit waiver claims and adjust your lineup even when you have an ineligible player in the IR on Tuesday mornings. I don't know if this would be treated the same way or if it will even be the same this week with the Pitt vs Bal game being on a Tuesday, but see if you can make an adjustment at that time.  Might not work and I don't own any Taysom to try myself but let me know! 

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm the Commish in my ESPN league. This weekend, I had to face my opponent who owned Taysom Hill. He slotted him in his TE spot and had Mahomes in his QB spot. Some other members in my league talked a

Heres my thing: it was well established Taysom's position eligibility before the season.  If a commissioner wanted to make a rule PRIOR to the season I get that. But to try to pull rank during the sea

Posted Images

On 11/26/2020 at 10:51 AM, Sternes said:

I don't play on ESPN, and have leagues on other platforms, and they didn't have this designation.

Was there ever an explanation as to why Hill even had that eligibility?  It seems to only have been on ESPN.  Was there some rumor he would like up at TE?  Has he ever even lined up at TE?

I think it is all a conspiracy by ESPN to get people to talk about their platform :P

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It's quite simple actually.

Taysom Hill had TE eligibility coming into 2020 because a majority of his snaps during the 2019 season were taken at the Tight End position. He 100% should have the TE designation going into 2020 and I don't see how that can logically be debated or argued against.

I believe he qualified at TE on other platforms too but those platforms removed it during the season.

49 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

I know that typically ESPN allows you to submit waiver claims and adjust your lineup even when you have an ineligible player in the IR on Tuesday mornings. I don't know if this would be treated the same way or if it will even be the same this week with the Pitt vs Bal game being on a Tuesday, but see if you can make an adjustment at that time.  Might not work and I don't own any Taysom to try myself but let me know! 

First year playing on ESPN.  I did have Hill in my TE spot but took him out yesterday morning because I needed to make lineup moves.  The platform will allow you to "move" people around from starting lineup to bench, etc.  But then you have to "save" the changes.  When you try to save, it recognizes that Taysom Hill is ineligible at TE and won't let any of the moves go through.  

1 minute ago, CooL said:

First year playing on ESPN.  I did have Hill in my TE spot but took him out yesterday morning because I needed to make lineup moves.  The platform will allow you to "move" people around from starting lineup to bench, etc.  But then you have to "save" the changes.  When you try to save, it recognizes that Taysom Hill is ineligible at TE and won't let any of the moves go through.  

Yeah that's how things work outside of that Tuesday morning window for IR ineligible as well.  I was curious to see what it would do in that time window when there seems to be no rules. 

4 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

It's quite simple actually.

Taysom Hill had TE eligibility coming into 2020 because a majority of his snaps during the 2019 season were taken at the Tight End position. He 100% should have the TE designation going into 2020 and I don't see how that can logically be debated or argued against.

I believe he qualified at TE on other platforms too but those platforms removed it during the season.

It is quite simple, actually.  You are wrong.

So here’s a second chart that’s filtered down the positions played on offense, and combined his snaps at receiver (72 in the slot, 44 out wide):

2019-taysom-hill-snaps-offense.png

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

19 hours ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Yeah that's how things work outside of that Tuesday morning window for IR ineligible as well.  I was curious to see what it would do in that time window when there seems to be no rules. 

rostered are currently still locked on ESPN

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

rostered are currently still locked on ESPN

21 hours ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Now Wednesday*  I think Thursday morning may be the new window to try since week 12 has now been extended through Wednesday night but I don't think this is going to be a normal week to test that glitch. 

• Like 1

Any commish having people ask them about Yahoo waivers?  Not slated to run until Friday morning, which means those people dropped during waiver pickups wouldn't become available until Monday morning?!  Anybody adjusting for this?  Seems pretty bad of Yahoo to do this.  Not understanding why waivers couldn't run Thursday.

7 hours ago, CooL said:

Any commish having people ask them about Yahoo waivers?  Not slated to run until Friday morning, which means those people dropped during waiver pickups wouldn't become available until Monday morning?!  Anybody adjusting for this?  Seems pretty bad of Yahoo to do this.  Not understanding why waivers couldn't run Thursday.

They would be available Sunday morning

7 hours ago, CooL said:

I’m not in Yahoo, but I adjusted my waiver period for this week so that players become available 24 hours after they’re dropped.

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

They would be available Sunday morning

Ah.  Yeah, I just looked in league settings and it says waiver period is 2 days. 

Could have sworn that this entire season, waivers process Wednesday morning, and those dropped players weren't available to anybody until Saturday morning, but maybe I've just not realized it.

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

Ah.  Yeah, I just looked in league settings and it says waiver period is 2 days. 

Could have sworn that this entire season, waivers process Wednesday morning, and those dropped players weren't available to anybody until Saturday morning, but maybe I've just not realized it.

That is 2 days. So in your case it would be Monday. It depends how the commissioner sets it up. Our league is 24 hours so players dropped Wednesday morning were always available Friday morning.

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

That is 2 days. So in your case it would be Monday. It depends how the commissioner sets it up. Our league is 24 hours so players dropped Wednesday morning were always available Friday morning.

Hmm.  Seems like that's 3 to me?  Thursday, Friday, Saturday?  OK, so in my league case, unless we vote to change the settings, players won't be available until Monday morning.

11 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

I am absolutely outraged by Yahoo allowing Kendall Hinton to be listed as a WR. 

But that's what he is.  He's certainly not a QB.  I take it you started him?  My condolences.

Any ESPN commishes have instances of people leaving Taysom Hill in at the TE position?  Haven't heard much outrage on the forums about it lately.  I think it if it weren't for Taysom Hill, Hinton wouldn't have been 21% started this past weekend.  

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

Hmm.  Seems like that's 3 to me?  Thursday, Friday, Saturday?  OK, so in my league case, unless we vote to change the settings, players won't be available until Monday morning.

Yeah yahoo is weird. The waiver period is how many FULL days people have to put waiver claims in. So if dropped Wed morning, the waiver period is Thursday and Friday to put claims in and you are awarded Saturday morning.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

But that's what he is.  He's certainly not a QB.  I take it you started him?  My condolences.

Any ESPN commishes have instances of people leaving Taysom Hill in at the TE position?  Haven't heard much outrage on the forums about it lately.  I think it if it weren't for Taysom Hill, Hinton wouldn't have been 21% started this past weekend.  

Hinton played a whole game as a starting quarterback.  This gives people an unfair advantage.  I am infuriated. 

• Haha 2
On 11/30/2020 at 6:34 PM, Sternes said:

It is quite simple, actually.  You are wrong.

So here’s a second chart that’s filtered down the positions played on offense, and combined his snaps at receiver (72 in the slot, 44 out wide):

2019-taysom-hill-snaps-offense.png

Wow, you seem really bothered by that. I saw a chart somewhere here that someone else shared that illustrated that he had more snaps at TE. No sweat to me though but I hope it made ya feel better to have that confrontational response! Kudos!

Either way, he deserved to have had a different position designation than QB.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/news/is-taysom-hill-a-qb-wr-or-te-heres-what-fantasy-football-should-do-about-the-saints-dual-threat-espn-yahoo-dfs/1nyk33wtql5tf1slfxk9tfe640?_gl=1*1mcanxk*_ga*YW1wLWxFdDVVUWpoWS01TEVnaDhETVVqOGpaY2swTndLaFo2YUljV2w1UlhoZWhRaUZiaXRiYk95Tl9HT0w0amdlUGs.

Hill snaps as a receiver:

Tight: 75

Slot: 60

Wide: 18

Did anyone notice something happened with waivers on nfl.com platform last night? Some people's waivers were processed last night, but the rest are all still listed as waivers and not fa's as per normal after waivers process? 

I'm fairly certain waivers weren't going to be processed until Dec 4th. Could be wrong. 

One team in my league has yet to set his line-up and there are playoff implications with 3 spots up for grabs.

No rules about fielding a fill line-up but given that this is a competitive league and everyone has been active thus far, what do you do? Update his roster for him or leave it be?

35 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

One team in my league has yet to set his line-up and there are playoff implications with 3 spots up for grabs.

No rules about fielding a fill line-up but given that this is a competitive league and everyone has been active thus far, what do you do? Update his roster for him or leave it be?

Well if your league doesn’t implement a rule that you need to have a full lineup then I’d think you would just have to let it be. 

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Send a message to the whole league reminding them to please set the lineups as they have playoff implications. Its still only Friday though.

• Thanks 1

Commish just told me I have to take Taysom out of TE spot even though I'd already sacrificed not making any waiver wire moves or adjusting my lineups with the whole purpose of keeping Taysom locked and loaded, which resulted in me having Taylor and Golladay both in my starting lineup last week when they didn't play.