NBC Sports Edge Forums

5 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

I've also won that league 5 out of 8 years Soo they probably aren't too upset lol

Whatever. I'm not even convinced it actually would have been the decisive factor in you losing the matchup, but you just don't change that kind of thing mid season, and certainly if it affects your own game (the commish).

Get out, or better, get that commish out. That's just such a big nono.

Friends' league? (given that you played it for 8 years)

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm the Commish in my ESPN league. This weekend, I had to face my opponent who owned Taysom Hill. He slotted him in his TE spot and had Mahomes in his QB spot. Some other members in my league talked a

Heres my thing: it was well established Taysom's position eligibility before the season.  If a commissioner wanted to make a rule PRIOR to the season I get that. But to try to pull rank during the sea

Posted Images

1 hour ago, roughnecker101 said:

Comish in one of my leagues changed the playoffs settings from two to one week. This took place just prior to the weekend without notice. Obviously I played my lineup for floor plays. And yes I was playing the comish round 1. Feeling a little burnt. Shady?

Yeah that's a no-no.

I've been in one league for 18 years and there's a process for any rule change whether mid-season or off-season. First, you propose it and then the commish and league council (lol) decides if it's worth it to put it up for a full league vote. Depending on when it was proposed and voted for, it could take affect the upcoming season or the following season. So yes, it can take up to two years for a rule change. lol. The only mid-season change we've ever made was this year because of COVID where we added replacement player options and that was a unanimous vote.

It's friends, so you can't just bail. Eight years is a long time. Especially, if this was the first time that he pulled something like this. However, I would take this opportunity to get the league rules on paper and start with something along the lines like....the Commish is not allowed to make any mid-season and/or offseason changes to any rules, format, etc without majority or unanimous approval of the league. I know these things may seem obvious and tedious but leaving the door open for anything when money is involved will lead to what you just experienced.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, roughnecker101 said:

Yes it's a competitive friend's league. And I may have approached the line up different being one week. But that's not really the argument.

Yeah, it's not just that the outcome hurt you and helped the commish, it's the shady nature of the commish in making a change. I'm a commish of a baseball league and have been commish of a couple of football leagues, and you NEVER change rules or procedures midseason. And even in this covid season in which you may need to make midseason chances, you don't make changes without a league vote...midseason, offseason, whatever. Don't make rules changes without league approval. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, roughnecker101 said:

Yes it's a competitive friend's league. And I may have approached the line up different being one week. But that's not really the argument.

Was this something that was agreed on before the season started and never changed?  Has it always been a 2 week playoff matchup in the past?

Obviously changing any settings after the season kicks off is a big no no but that's a pretty significant change and kind of a weird one to randomly decide last minute...

• Like 1
13 hours ago, roughnecker101 said:

Comish in one of my leagues changed the playoffs settings from two to one week. This took place just prior to the weekend without notice. Obviously I played my lineup for floor plays. And yes I was playing the comish round 1. Feeling a little burnt. Shady?

Obvious cheating.  

NFL Fantasy App

Our playoffs in a 12-teamer started last week. (6 teams) As the first seat I had bye. We decided that the top seat(s) will play the lowest ranked seat of the regular season in week 15. (semifinals)

So the picture was like that: (1)st seat - bye, (2)nd seat - bye / (3) vs. (6) and (4) vs. (5) - bold won

Now the system is giving me (5) and it is not correct. Any ideas if the comissioner can over rule that?

17 hours ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Was this something that was agreed on before the season started and never changed?  Has it always been a 2 week playoff matchup in the past?

Obviously changing any settings after the season kicks off is a big no no but that's a pretty significant change and kind of a weird one to randomly decide last minute...

This was my thought exactly. Sometimes a rule is made, and a commissioner forgets to add it in on the site. We have a league Constitution which lists these rules so we don't have to depend on the site for everything.

Wondering what some others think of this, if it's okay or shady/gaming the system. Platform is Yahoo, money league, long time keeper.

I had Julio in my IR spot this past Sunday. If you put in your waiver claim prior to Yahoo changing him from O to Q, it lets you do it and will process the claim without you having to drop someone to activate Julio. After they change him from O to Q, you can't put in any other waiver claims without dropping someone to activate Julio first, even if you've already got a waiver claim in from when he was still designated O.

In doing this, I can keep a Q tagged Julio in my IR spot while not having to drop another player on my roster but still make a waiver claim. I can't make any other add/drops now while Julio is in my IR spot.

Thoughts? FWIW nobody has said anything in the league and nobody else tried to claim the player I did.

Yahoo bug... They processed the Rams DST on Tuesday morning instead of Wednesday morning like they normally do. they admitted their mistake but it has left me in a pickle...

4 teams placed a claim and the #4 priority was awarded Rams DST. The #2 Priority is claiming he was waiting until Tuesday night to place the claim and should be awarded the Rams DST. To complicate matters, the #4 priority is playing the #2 priority in the semi finals.

Do I actually take this DST from the #4 team and give them to his opponent in the semifinals of the league? Or is it as simple as "the site messed up, roll with it and move along?"

I have also been given the suggestion to simply lock the Rams DST for this week to eliminate the issue completely

Edited by tsweet
35 minutes ago, tsweet said:

Yahoo bug... They processed the Rams DST on Tuesday morning instead of Wednesday morning like they normally do. they admitted their mistake but it has left me in a pickle...

4 teams placed a claim and the #4 priority was awarded Rams DST. The #2 Priority is claiming he was waiting until Tuesday night to place the claim and should be awarded the Rams DST. To complicate matters, the #4 priority is playing the #2 priority in the semi finals.

Do I actually take this DST from the #4 team and give them to his opponent in the semifinals of the league? Or is it as simple as "the site messed up, roll with it and move along?"

I have also been given the suggestion to simply lock the Rams DST for this week to eliminate the issue completely

If #2 can show proof that they submitted a claim for it Tuesday night I would reverse it, otherwise I would tell them they are SOL.  Kind of a crap spot but #4 did nothing wrong (besides being a goodie-two-shoes & turning in his homework early) so I don't think locking the DST is the right move. 

32 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

If #2 can show proof that they submitted a claim for it Tuesday night I would reverse it, otherwise I would tell them they are SOL.  Kind of a crap spot but #4 did nothing wrong (besides being a goodie-two-shoes & turning in his homework early) so I don't think locking the DST is the right move. 

The DST was already awarded to #4, so #2 had no opportunity to put the claim in on Tuesday night. Of course he could have put the claim in early like the rest of us, but should he be punished for not? IDK

11 minutes ago, tsweet said:

The DST was already awarded to #4, so #2 had no opportunity to put the claim in on Tuesday night. Of course he could have put the claim in early like the rest of us, but should he be punished for not? IDK

I guess I read that wrong.  You're punishing one or the other regardless of the decision, I think I would default to let it stand vs trying to justify a reversal. 

I don't play on Yahoo, does this early processing thing happen often? 

Edited by Flynfiesta6
44 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

I guess I read that wrong.  You're punishing one or the other regardless of the decision, I think I would default to let it stand vs trying to justify a reversal. 

I don't play on Yahoo, does this early processing thing happen often? 

First time I have experienced this in over 15 years. Of course happens in the semifinals of the GD playoffs as well

For the 2 to 1 week playoff change where the poster was playing the commish...was you second week against him projected to be a monster?  That might be why he did the change.  Very very shady.

For Yahoo, I sent a message to my commish in one league because one guy got a bunch of claims including Jeff Wilson because he obviously submitted them Monday night.  I usually don't submit claims until Tuesday night after having time to read all the waiver articles, think things over, etc.  Commish ignored the request to reverse everything - even though Yahoo sent explicit details on how exactly to do that in an email.  So nobody else got to even submit for Wilson if you didn't submit on Monday night.  I say it's BS.  Because the commish didn't act before last night's waiver run, now it's a mess and who knows what to do.  I don't think the commish cares because he's loaded at RB, his opponent this week has crappy RBs, and the guy who got Wilson is in the consolation round.

Edited by CooL
30 minutes ago, CooL said:

For the 2 to 1 week playoff change where the poster was playing the commish...was you second week against him projected to be a monster?  That might be why he did the change.  Very very shady.

For Yahoo, I sent a message to my commish in one league because one guy got a bunch of claims including Jeff Wilson because he obviously submitted them Monday night.  I usually don't submit claims until Tuesday night after having time to read all the waiver articles, think things over, etc.  Commish ignored the request to reverse everything - even though Yahoo sent explicit details on how exactly to do that in an email.  So nobody else got to even submit for Wilson if you didn't submit on Monday night.  I say it's BS.  Because the commish didn't act before last night's waiver run, now it's a mess and who knows what to do.  I don't think the commish cares because he's loaded at RB, his opponent this week has crappy RBs, and the guy who got Wilson is in the consolation round.

Right, I am the commish and I definitely care. Unfortunately it didnt really come to light until about 10pm last night. So our waivers have run, there was like 7 claims that took place... to undo it all would take a ton of work, and other members may get screwed over if I were to just push the the waivers off until Thursday morning. I am not getting the DST either way. Just trying to find as equitable a way through this mess as I can. 

Would love to hear suggestions...  Let the guy who got DST on Monday keep them? Give the #2 priority the Rams? Or simply lock the Rams Def for this week?

Sore loser thought it would be funny to drop his bench. JK Dobbins, BAL D (also has Nola), Nyheim Hines, Booker, Hollywood, Sterling shepard.  No superstars but none the less.  

just put them all back and tell him to knock it off??  BAL D could be critical to a win. JKD maybe. 

Edited by Cleanface
31 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

Sore loser thought it would be funny to drop his bench. JK Dobbins, BAL D (also has Nola), Nyheim Hines, Booker, Hollywood, Sterling shepard.  No superstars but none the less.  

just put them all back and tell him to knock it off??  BAL D could be critical to a win. JKD maybe. 

Shouldn't be able to add/drop at all in redraft if you're out of it. Pretty simple.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

This loser is out of the playoffs?  No other incentive?  Money?  Next year's draft?  Consolation prize?  Trying to avoid having to get a tattoo for finishing last?

Our league locks teams who are out of the playoffs from any additional roster moves.

• Like 1
Just now, ajs723 said:

Shouldn't be able to add/drop at all in redraft if you're out of it. Pretty simple.

I don't necessarily agree. Some leagues have consolation brackets and weekly cash prizes for highest points scored. Could also be used to determine draft order for 2021.

But dumping a bench is shady. I would probably restore his team.

10 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

I don't necessarily agree. Some leagues have consolation brackets and weekly cash prizes for highest points scored. Could also be used to determine draft order for 2021.

Oh. Of course. By out of it, I meant literally nothing to play for. If there's still stakes, then I wouldn't call them out of it.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, CooL said:

This loser is out of the playoffs?  No other incentive?  Money?  Next year's draft?  Consolation prize?  Trying to avoid having to get a tattoo for finishing last?

Our league locks teams who are out of the playoffs from any additional roster moves.

12 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Nothing for the guys out of the Top 3.

And this is espn not sure if they have “lock team” option. 

Edited by Cleanface
47 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

I'll just piggy back on what others have said and add this.....

No, he shouldn't do it and in most leagues, it's common sense or its a silent rule. However, if the rosters were not locked and if its not an official rule that was set by the league and commish, he can "technically" do it. Does it suck, hell yeah. Would I be pissed, hell yeah. I would work with the league to set a rule or a set of rules about non playoff teams making acquisitions and drops during the playoffs.

Outside of it being a dynasty league, IMO, no transactions should be made by non-playoff teams during the playoffs. If it's a limited keeper league, owners need to make moves BEFORE the playoffs or set a timeframe for when they can make moves AFTER the playoffs.

If you do decide to restore his team, I would consult with the rest of the owners first just to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1