NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anyone doing CBS auctions?  our league is normally a live auction keeper, but this year due to restrictions makes most sense to do auction online, we will zoom the whole group, but just too difficult to tell who got what bid etc, and CBS appears to have a live salary cap draft (assume that translates to what most would call an auction)

So in trying to set some things up Im running into some challenges hoping someone might have answers - 

1. League is already set up, rosters still there from last year, etc, guys need to cut down to 4 keepers - but when I go to set the auction cap limit at $200, its says because of current rosters, etc, the number must be set at $242, we thought maybe some teams were over $200 so we trimmed obvious non keepers to get everyone under, and still 242.  Any ideas what the issue is?

2. I see settings for time, call out, bid time etc.  But I do not see any $ settings, like minimimum bid OR a setting where team must have enough remaining after bid to go $1 per slot, so if have $5 left and 3 spots, most they can bid is $3, which would leave $2 for remaining 2 spots.  I see no settings whatsoever that deal with these issues. 

3. Assume there is in auction settings, like commissioners can pause the auction etc, but just not seeing it at this point.   

Any thoughts on these or advice on online auction on CBS would be appreciated. 

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm the Commish in my ESPN league. This weekend, I had to face my opponent who owned Taysom Hill. He slotted him in his TE spot and had Mahomes in his QB spot. Some other members in my league talked a

Heres my thing: it was well established Taysom's position eligibility before the season.  If a commissioner wanted to make a rule PRIOR to the season I get that. But to try to pull rank during the sea

Posted Images

1.) Everyone's thoughts on ESPN Free Agent Budget (Continuous) in regards to what days/time are best for waiver processing? We've always had it set for every day at 10 AM Central except Mondays. I'm wondering if this is good or instead if I should change it to every day except Tuesdays? Or maybe there is something better out there. And does the time seem pretty standard at 10 AM Central? I'm open to pushing it back one hour if need be.

2.) Best roster lineup combination for a 10 man, PPR league? We've always done 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. But I'm open to ideas if there is a better suggestion and more typical lineup setting for most leagues.

Thanks!

Edited by jagsfan05
On 7/30/2020 at 7:22 PM, CooL said:

We've got 24 children collectively in our league.  

I still enjoy fantasy football.  But things after kids do change.  I used to sit on the couch for 12 hours straight on Sundays.  That's impossible with kids and a honey do list.  But I'm still as fanatical about fantasy football as I've always been, just like all of us here on these forums.  The speed of an online draft is nothing but a positive.  It's so hard to schedule a draft in the first place between family vacations, work, prior commitments, etc.  Then once you find a date, you have to wait for piano practice to finish, or the kid's soccer game, or a parent teacher conference.  So sometimes we aren't starting until 9 pm.  Nobody wants to draft for 4-5 hours and then have to get up at 5:30 AM the next day for work.

Wow, God forbid the old lady sacrifices ONE F——— day out of the year to take care of all those child duties so that the boys can get together and draft huh? 

I just did a quick count in our league and we have 23 kids combined (and counting). Going on our 14th year, high stakes, $2500 league. Yes, we draft live and we’ve NEVER had a problem getting together. Everyone knows that the weekend BEFORE the season starts, either a Sat or Sun, we DRAFT. Live. All day. 

I don’t know man, don’t take this the wrong way but sounds to me you need to batten down the hatches a little bit. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

I’m just going to assume the league won’t be cancelled and they’ll just have no fans in the stands like in the MLB.

My concern is if a player tests positive, will they cancel that weeks game like they have been canceling entire series in baseball? In baseball they can make up games with double headers. In football it won’t be so easy. Not to mention the entire weeks practice probably being cancelled as well. Could end up being a mess. 

2 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

My concern is if a player tests positive, will they cancel that weeks game like they have been canceling entire series in baseball? In baseball they can make up games with double headers. In football it won’t be so easy. Not to mention the entire weeks practice probably being cancelled as well. Could end up being a mess. 

Great point I didn’t think of that let’s hope that will not be the case

Reposting this, thanks!

1.) Everyone's thoughts on ESPN Free Agent Budget (Continuous) in regards to what days/time are best for waiver processing? We've always had it set for every day at 10 AM Central except Mondays. I'm wondering if this is good or instead if I should change it to every day except Tuesdays? Or maybe there is something better out there. And does the time seem pretty standard at 10 AM Central? I'm open to pushing it back one hour if need be.

2.) Best roster lineup combination for a 10 man, PPR league? We've always done 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. But I'm open to ideas if there is a better suggestion and more typical lineup setting for most leagues. These are my current options but I can't decide best way. I'm open to other ideas too:

A. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX (RB/WR), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 6 BENCH (16 spots - Current setup)
B. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 7 BENCH (16 spots – ESPN standard format)
C. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 6 BENCH (16 spots) 
D. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 6 BENCH (16 spots) 
E. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 7 BENCH (16 spots) 

Thanks!

Edited by jagsfan05

Hey guys, I have a question....

So I took the roster lineup ideas for a vote and got the following results. So because of the tie between A and B, do you guys think as commish I should keep the current format as A since nothing flat out beat it or take A and B back to be voted on by rest of league again? What would you do? There were votes for C, E, F which did have TE in flex spot like B so wasn't sure what to do:

A. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX (RB/WR), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 6 BENCH (16 spots - Current setup)
3 votes
B. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 7 BENCH (16 spots – ESPN standard format)
3 votes
1 vote
D. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 7 BENCH (16 spots)
1 vote
E. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 6 BENCH (16 spots)
1 vote
F. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX (RB/WR & RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 6 BENCH (16 spots)
1 vote

Thanks!

On 8/19/2020 at 5:38 PM, parrothead said:

Anyone doing CBS auctions?  our league is normally a live auction keeper, but this year due to restrictions makes most sense to do auction online, we will zoom the whole group, but just too difficult to tell who got what bid etc, and CBS appears to have a live salary cap draft (assume that translates to what most would call an auction)

So in trying to set some things up Im running into some challenges hoping someone might have answers - 

1. League is already set up, rosters still there from last year, etc, guys need to cut down to 4 keepers - but when I go to set the auction cap limit at $200, its says because of current rosters, etc, the number must be set at $242, we thought maybe some teams were over $200 so we trimmed obvious non keepers to get everyone under, and still 242.  Any ideas what the issue is?

2. I see settings for time, call out, bid time etc.  But I do not see any $ settings, like minimimum bid OR a setting where team must have enough remaining after bid to go $1 per slot, so if have $5 left and 3 spots, most they can bid is $3, which would leave $2 for remaining 2 spots.  I see no settings whatsoever that deal with these issues. 

3. Assume there is in auction settings, like commissioners can pause the auction etc, but just not seeing it at this point.   

Any thoughts on these or advice on online auction on CBS would be appreciated. 

This is my fourth season as commissioner for auction on CBS...

For #1, this was the first season with the system saying it had to be higher than $200. However, once we went through our keeper deadline this week and trimmed down to 3 keepers per team, I was able to set to the normal $200 without an issue.

For #2, I believe minimum bid automatically has to be $1. Same for auto-enforcement within the draft room towards not being able to bid more than what you have in accounting for minimum $1 per slot.

For #3, commish can pause the auction within the draft room as needed.

One added note. After keepers are selected, the draft room for us does not reflect their new price (we increase by $3 each year a player is kept). If your league has a similar setup, you may need to update their prices after keepers are selected (as commish) and then re-run the keeper date for the following day. We did that on Sunday night (after selecting keepers on Saturday night) and were fine Monday morning. On that note, also make sure to clear draft values for all dropped players, once keepers run.

1 hour ago, jagsfan05 said:

So I took the roster lineup ideas for a vote and got the following results. So because of the tie between A and B, do you guys think as commish I should keep the current format as A since nothing flat out beat it or take A and B back to be voted on by rest of league again? What would you do? There were votes for C, E, F which did have TE in flex spot like B so wasn't sure what to do:

3 votes
3 votes
1 vote
1 vote
1 vote
F. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX (RB/WR & RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 6 BENCH (16 spots)
1 vote

Thanks!

Either change your vote to break the tie or say I'm the commish so I'm going to break the tie and choose what you want. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

3 votes
3 votes
1 vote
1 vote
1 vote
1 vote

Thanks!

Why would you not let someone flex a TE if they wanted?  Re-vote with the top 2 options i guess and if it's still tied flip a coin.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

3 votes
3 votes
1 vote
1 vote
1 vote
1 vote

Thanks!

I would create a new poll with the top 2 votes and see how it ends up. For my league, we don't change any settings unless 2/3 of the league vote for it. I look at it like, how it's been done in the past is obviously working, so why mess with it unless the majority of the league wants it. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 7:15 PM, Corleone said:

This is my fourth season as commissioner for auction on CBS...

For #1, this was the first season with the system saying it had to be higher than $200. However, once we went through our keeper deadline this week and trimmed down to 3 keepers per team, I was able to set to the normal $200 without an issue.

For #2, I believe minimum bid automatically has to be $1. Same for auto-enforcement within the draft room towards not being able to bid more than what you have in accounting for minimum $1 per slot.

For #3, commish can pause the auction within the draft room as needed.

One added note. After keepers are selected, the draft room for us does not reflect their new price (we increase by $3 each year a player is kept). If your league has a similar setup, you may need to update their prices after keepers are selected (as commish) and then re-run the keeper date for the following day. We did that on Sunday night (after selecting keepers on Saturday night) and were fine Monday morning. On that note, also make sure to clear draft values for all dropped players, once keepers run.

Thanks - the set up gave me concerns, so we ended up going back to MFL and doing the auction on Fandraft which is excellent.  The fact CBS didnt seem to have clear setup options, made me concerned about what it would be and since its more expensive than MFL and Fandraft combined - was an easy decision to go back

2 minutes ago, parrothead said:

Thanks - the set up gave me concerns, so we ended up going back to MFL and doing the auction on Fandraft which is excellent.  The fact CBS didnt seem to have clear setup options, made me concerned about what it would be and since its more expensive than MFL and Fandraft combined - was an easy decision to go back

No problem and whatever platform works for each league, that's cool :) Our auction went super-smoothly as usual over on CBS. It comes out to only $15 per person for the year, so for us it is an easy decision to continue using them.

Hi everyone. I need help with Waivers on Yahoo! Please.

We want waivers to run on Tuesday night and Saturday night, but it's not clear if Yahoo! will run them at night or early in the morning. I'm guessing it's Tuesday and Saturday for the commish options, but can anyone confirm?? Thanks.

image.png.6164732b29a9c5e264123f127dbfc153.png

9 hours ago, Hacksawjimduggan said:

Two IR spots was necessary for COVID, but it sure is restricting the number of quality players being dropped to waivers 😅

Yeah, we've had a long debate about this. I think having two IR spots is overkill, but one seems necessary this year. That said, in our 14-teamer (also with short benches) we ended up going without, and I will say this, there have been way more early trades this year. I think if you have an active trading league you can go without, because the injuries/COVID add a little bit of spice. In a quieter league I agree that it would make it even quieter.

Also, we haven't really seen a big COVID issue yet, unless there have actually been more injuries than last year because of the weird pre-season (which I don't know and would happily take any evidence people have either way). The acid test will be if a team or two gets hit hard by COVID.

10 hours ago, aapox said:

Hi everyone. I need help with Waivers on Yahoo! Please.

We want waivers to run on Tuesday night and Saturday night, but it's not clear if Yahoo! will run them at night or early in the morning. I'm guessing it's Tuesday and Saturday for the commish options, but can anyone confirm?? Thanks.

image.png.6164732b29a9c5e264123f127dbfc153.png

By my experience on Yahoo for Fantasy Baseball, your chosen waiver dates mean the waivers will process on Tuesday morning (AKA 3AM Eastern Time overnight between Mon/Tue) and Saturday morning (3AM eastern overnight b/w Fri/Sat). 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah, we've had a long debate about this. I think having two IR spots is overkill, but one seems necessary this year. That said, in our 14-teamer (also with short benches) we ended up going without, and I will say this, there have been way more early trades this year. I think if you have an active trading league you can go without, because the injuries/COVID add a little bit of spice. In a quieter league I agree that it would make it even quieter.

Also, we haven't really seen a big COVID issue yet, unless there have actually been more injuries than last year because of the weird pre-season (which I don't know and would happily take any evidence people have either way). The acid test will be if a team or two gets hit hard by COVID.

You could restrict to a Covid only IR. We have never played with IR. It’s like a free bench spot for only a few teams right now which isn’t fair. The only notable guys on IR I believe are Le’Veon, Deebo, Damien Harris. Maybe Denzel Mims and Njoku in bigger leagues? And Ryquell who I think is the only one with Covid. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CooL said:

You could restrict to a Covid only IR. We have never played with IR. It’s like a free bench spot for only a few teams right now which isn’t fair. The only notable guys on IR I believe are Le’Veon, Deebo, Damien Harris. Maybe Denzel Mims and Njoku in bigger leagues? And Ryquell who I think is the only one with Covid. 

Was it "fair" that Bell got injured week one though? Deebo and Harris were a bit different, and the point there will be that everybody had the option to draft them. That's fair, no? Those that did knew that they would be missing out on drafting a player who they knew would contribute week one.

Some platforms allow for you to use the IR spot for any player who's out, not just those on IRs. We have one IR spot on our Yahoo league, which means that if somebody's ruled out before the game - not necessarily on IR - they can use the spot and pick somebody up. They then might have a tough decision to make the next week if that player is available again on who to drop. For example, they might miss out on waivers because they were reluctant to drop that late guy they got (you can't make moves with ineligible players in your IR slot). It feels like it rewards people who are on-the-ball, which I'm OK with.

18 minutes ago, CooL said:

We've restricted ir spots to covid only players in both my leagues. 

Any yahoo comissioners here know how to adjust yahoo mobile notification apps for their league?  Yahoo recently started sending out notifications to my league members when people make roster moves.  Ie "Team XYZ added Dallas Clark."  

Understandably there's been a lot of complaining about it but my digging in the commissioner tools hasn't got me anywhere.

Edited by YoungDro
typo
10 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

Any yahoo comissioners here know how to adjust yahoo mobile notification apps for their league?  Yahoo recently started sending out notifications to my league members when people make roster moves.  Ie "Team XYZ added Dallas Clark."  

Understandably there's been a lot of complaining about it but my digging in the commissioner tools hasn't got me anywhere.

Tell them to turn the Yahoo notifications off on their phones. 

FleaFlickers does this, and I actually like getting notifications when other teams make moves. 

Edited by Flyman75
30 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Was it "fair" that Bell got injured week one though? Deebo and Harris were a bit different, and the point there will be that everybody had the option to draft them. That's fair, no? Those that did knew that they would be missing out on drafting a player who they knew would contribute week one.

Some platforms allow for you to use the IR spot for any player who's out, not just those on IRs. We have one IR spot on our Yahoo league, which means that if somebody's ruled out before the game - not necessarily on IR - they can use the spot and pick somebody up. They then might have a tough decision to make the next week if that player is available again on who to drop. For example, they might miss out on waivers because they were reluctant to drop that late guy they got (you can't make moves with ineligible players in your IR slot). It feels like it rewards people who are on-the-ball, which I'm OK with.

Depends on your view of IR. We are in a bigger league, so we didn’t want to deplete the already scarce waiver wire by slowing people to stash someone on IR. It makes you make tough decisions on who to drop.  Injuries are never “fair”, but that’s part of the game. There is a component of luck involved in fantasy football, not just who is the most clever with working the waiver wire. 

11 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

You just turn off notifications on your phone if you don’t want them. I don’t mind them, let’s me see what other people are up to without having to always check the app.

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Commissioner's Corner 2020