NBC Sports Edge Forums

29 minutes ago, RickieWeeksFanForLife said:

I'm the commissioner in a league, and one of the people sent me the following message yesterday:

"I picked up Gostkowski before the game last night  but it didn't save correctly. I was seeing if you can manually change this for me after this weekend?"

Is this a thing? I've never heard of a commissioner having control over something like that before. If I even can, is that something I should entertain?

Dangerous precedent to be starting imo. It's up the managers to make sure their moves are properly executed. Wait til next week when someone else meant to pick up the random rookie who popped off on a thurs night etc.

On the plus side, I highly doubt anyone will be picking up Gostowski next week anyway so he should easily be able to get him for free.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm the Commish in my ESPN league. This weekend, I had to face my opponent who owned Taysom Hill. He slotted him in his TE spot and had Mahomes in his QB spot. Some other members in my league talked a

Heres my thing: it was well established Taysom's position eligibility before the season.  If a commissioner wanted to make a rule PRIOR to the season I get that. But to try to pull rank during the sea

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, RickieWeeksFanForLife said:

I'm the commissioner in a league, and one of the people sent me the following message yesterday:

"I picked up Gostkowski before the game last night  but it didn't save correctly. I was seeing if you can manually change this for me after this weekend?"

Is this a thing? I've never heard of a commissioner having control over something like that before. If I even can, is that something I should entertain?

It’s not your responsibility to fix something an owner didn’t do correctly. Tell him to pick up another kicker for this weekend. Cave into this, and you’re setting a bad precedent for the rest of the league. 

42 minutes ago, RickieWeeksFanForLife said:

When in doubt, ask the league. Just send a quick message to all owners:

"Hey everyone. Jimbob let me know that he had put in to add a kicker, but some technical wonkiness prevented the move from going through. If no one objects, I'll manually process the move. Please let me know if you aren't cool with this. Thanks."

If even one person says no, it's tough cookies for Jimbob. If no one cares, then do it.

On 11/11/2020 at 3:47 PM, CKM said:

I have seen two instances where managers were able to add/drop FA players while a player listed as Q were still in their IR spot. Is there a glitch over the last couple weeks? Anyone see this?

This happened again this week. Ridley is in IR and listed as Q and they just did an add/drop. Has anyone else seen this or a reason from ESPN?

16 minutes ago, CKM said:

This happened again this week. Ridley is in IR and listed as Q and they just did an add/drop. Has anyone else seen this or a reason from ESPN?

I think with Yahoo, as long as you enter the claim before he is changed to Q, you are able to make the move. Not sure if that’s similar with ESPN.

Edited by TheBridge2011
16 minutes ago, CKM said:

There's a trick to doing this.  I have discovered that if you put moves in early Tuesday morning, like before 8 a.m. Eastern, it will process them when the waivers go through as if the guys are still listed as Out.  See this link:

https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035123032-How-does-the-Injured-Reserve-IR-slot-impact-Waiver-Claims-and-Free-Agent-Acquisitions-

2 hours ago, TheBridge2011 said:

I think with Yahoo, as long as you enter the claim before he is changed to Q, you are able to make the move. Not sure if that’s similar with ESPN.

2 hours ago, Rather B. Winning said:

There's a trick to doing this.  I have discovered that if you put moves in early Tuesday morning, like before 8 a.m. Eastern, it will process them when the waivers go through as if the guys are still listed as Out.  See this link:

https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035123032-How-does-the-Injured-Reserve-IR-slot-impact-Waiver-Claims-and-Free-Agent-Acquisitions-

Im not talking about claims. Im talking about current time doing an add/drop. I know you can put in a claim prior to the status change and it go through. 

This is why I drafted him. This is why I bragged to my league mates the second I drafted him. The risk was always that he would waste a roster spot all year, the reward is having more QB snaps. 

If ESPN eliminates his status of TE, when it was that status that weighed heavily in my decision to draft him then I’d quit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, FooserX said:

I am a commish, and am not allowing this - regardless of ESPN.

Any league that allows a starting QB to be played in the TE/Flex spot is a joke.

Any league that has a commish that tries to play god is a joke.

At the most, it should be a league vote. Under no circumstances should a commish ever try to be controlling and play god in a league. That just makes for a pathetic league.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Tenner said:

This is why I drafted him. This is why I bragged to my league mates the second I drafted him. The risk was always that he would waste a roster spot all year, the reward is having more QB snaps. 

If ESPN eliminates his status of TE, when it was that status that weighed heavily in my decision to draft him then I’d quit. 

EXACTLY. It's a rarity. He earned the TE status going into the season so therefor he should carry that status. Period.

*Again, coming from someone with no skin in the game here. Just using logic.

2 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

This is why I don't play ESPN leagues. 

He played most of his snaps at TE last season. What position(s) do you think he should he have qualified for going into 2020? How can you argue that he shouldn't have qualification for the position he played the most snaps at?

Edited by ThreadKiller
3 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Great point.

Just now, ThreadKiller said:

He played most of his snaps at TE last season. What position(s) should he have qualified for going into to 2020? How can you argue that he shouldn't have qualification for the position he played the most snaps at?

Because he is starting at QB. What other qualification do you need?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Because he is starting at QB. What other qualification do you need?

I will ask you again.

He played most of his snaps at TIGHT END last year. What position should he have qualified for going into this season?

By your illogical stance here, no player should ever qualify at multiple positions. Kris Bryant is a starting 3B for the Chicago Cubs but plays a few games at OF, 1B so he has multiple position eligibility. Is that wrong too?

Nonsense.

Edited by ThreadKiller
Just now, ThreadKiller said:

I will ask you again.

He played most of his snaps at TIGHT END last year. What position should he have qualified for going into this season?

Stop killing the thread literally.  You want to keep repeating the same point take it into the commissioners thread.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, PrestigeWW said:

There are a handful of players that have multiple position eligibility every year - Cordarrelle Patterson is one, I'm sure there are others-  its just rare for them to be fantasy relevant. Unless you broached this before it's bush league to try to make a rule out of thin air in the middle of the season. 

Nah - it's bush league all the people in here clinging to FF loopholes for wins. 

Are you comparing a utility player like Cordelle and Taysom to a full blown starting QB who will get to touch the ball almost every snap?

There is no world in which this play makes any sense in terms of fairness. I'm sorry all you dudes want to cheat your way to victory under the guise of "it's allowable!" lol...but as Commissh of my league, I'm not going to do this to the rest of the owners. 

Just because something is allowable, doesn't mean it's right. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3