NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Sterling Shepard 2020 Outlook

nll928

He’s starting to hit the waivers in a few of my deeper leagues.

anybody think he’s worth a stash if you have bench room to spare? I know the Giants have been piss poor so far but they have faced two formidable defenses, and without Saquon for the year one would imagine they’d likely be forced to lean more on their passing game.

just not sure how serious his turf toe is

On 9/24/2020 at 2:06 PM, JDE said:

He’s starting to hit the waivers in a few of my deeper leagues.

anybody think he’s worth a stash if you have bench room to spare? I know the Giants have been piss poor so far but they have faced two formidable defenses, and without Saquon for the year one would imagine they’d likely be forced to lean more on their passing game.

just not sure how serious his turf toe is

He was just dropped this morning in my league. Definitely think he's worth a stash. I plan to claim him when he clears on Saturday. 

• Like 1

I want no part of that passing game, Daniel Jones' only chance was having Saquon to take the pressure off. Shepherd is probably out another month, and plays on the 2nd worst offense in the league. I cut him right after the injury, I'm sure he'll continue to sit on the WW. I'd rather gamble on an upside guy from a decent offense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 10:08 PM, FMIII said:

I added him as an IR stash. I don’t know if it’ll be worth it with the way that O looks. Some enticing matchups but hard to trust. Might end up being a drop

That plus it doesn't feel like he's ever going to stay fit for a decent length of time.

13 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

This dude is obviously a must add if he's somehow on waivers. I think he's gonna unlock the Giants offence going forward with the space it'll create for Slayton, Engram and the running backs. 

I grabbed him in a couple places before the game. I don't think he is a must add but he is a solid add. He's the best offensive player they have. This NYG offense is still really bad and unpredictable game to game and he's just injured constantly. He remains a solid talent and a good football player. Would love to see him finally put it all together.

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

He was cut earlier this week and comes off waivers tomorrow. I’m keeping an eye on his usage tonight. I don’t really need him, but he might be worth a spot on the end of my bench. 

He went from a Friday waiver guy to a next Wednesday waiver guy. Makes sense and the way it should be. 

6 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

That's a huge steal in 16. I have him in a 16 team league, he wasn't out nearly long enough to be be droppable there to me.

I agree. I got Reagor as well and we play 3 WR. I already lost Sutton and A.Miller turned out to be a bust so this was a big gain for me. He won't put up these numbers every week, but I'm comfortable starting him.

• Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Sterling Shepard 2020 Outlook