NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lamical Perine 2020 Outlook

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy only needs a Bell trade, Gase firing and Gore injury to be a RB6 in a 12 teamer..

They need to know if they need to draft RB, edge, CB, WR, TE, LB, safety, QB, OL, DL, K or if they only need to draft Edge, CB, WR, TE, LB, safety, QB, OL, DL, K. 

I would've added if I had room. These are guys you really should try to find a spot for on the end of your bench, because they occasionally hit and you can rarely grab them after the fact. If they fai

[...]

I'm starting again! 

The franchise clearly wants to see what these players can do. Why Gase isn't fired yet is very strange to me. He's not letting the franchise see anything, only playing his guys, which aren't good except for whoever plays the slot for him (Crowder, Jarvis). 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
13 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

They need to know if they need to draft RB, edge, CB, WR, TE, LB, safety, QB, OL, DL, K or if they only need to draft Edge, CB, WR, TE, LB, safety, QB, OL, DL, K. 

I was being a bit sarcastic, but seriously, accidentally winning a game and losing the 1st pick would be horrible. They should assume that a team that shouldn't win a game needs to draft every position.

4 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

You know, this brings up a good point—are the Jets bad enough that when they get the #1 pick they should sell it for a king's ransom rather than taking Lawrence themselves? 

The Rams traded two 1st round picks, two second round picks, and two third round picks to move up to #1, and that was for Goff—if you could get an improvement on that deal would it be worth it?

Doubt it happens but if it did Perine is pretty much a goner.

• Like 1
On 11/17/2020 at 8:09 AM, hard1 said:

Yeah im ready to see some fruition 

Let's get some!

Hopefully that reports right. They'd be foolish not to give him every chance going forward. Why let gore pad his stats while doing almost nothing and possibly getting Gase and his staff all fired potentially? I know it's not just gore's fault they suck but it's so odd they keep trotting him out there. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I did pick him up bc was sitting on the wire, but think this pretty much says it all...

Still, those hoping for the win-less Jets to invest fully in the future shouldn't get their hopes up, as Gase said Gore -- who is averaging 3.6 yards per carry without a touchdown this season -- is "probably playing at one of the higher levels of anybody we have right now."

• Haha 2

I do think he'll continue to get more touches but the real problem is that - unless they start throwing to him more - they will be low-value touches.  There aren't going to be many goal line carries playing for the Jets.  He caught a lot of passes his last year in college; it's strange he hasn't been used more in the passing game, especially considering the fact that the Jets are almost always chasing in games.

30 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

I did pick him up bc was sitting on the wire, but think this pretty much says it all...

Still, those hoping for the win-less Jets to invest fully in the future shouldn't get their hopes up, as Gase said Gore -- who is averaging 3.6 yards per carry without a touchdown this season -- is "probably playing at one of the higher levels of anybody we have right now."

I was very interested in grabbing this guy coming out of the bye but I'm gonna pass now. Adam Gase is such a maroon.

7 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

I was very interested in grabbing this guy coming out of the bye but I'm gonna pass now. Adam Gase is such a maroon.

Well when you think about it, saying Gore is playing at the highest level of anyone on the Jets probably isn't too far off.

29 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

I agree with Joe mama above.. just cause he states gore is playing as well as anyone they have only speaks to the low level of play the jets have received... not that gore is killing it cause their whole team is... just that out of garbage gore is half a cheeseburger... I think perine can make something here... if you have a burner spot he's worth a hold for at least this week coming out of their bye...especially to see if he is a whole cheeseburger that was tossed cause it had mustard... I like mustard

Edited by hard1

See you in 2021.

To answer the question above about how we feel about the guy, honestly, from what I've seen, he's a decent player.  He's certainly not a game breaker but he's done enough that I would guess the Jets keep him in their plans for next year, possibly even as the lead back or a "lead the committee" type.  If you are in a dynasty or keeper league that doesn't have a passed trade deadline yet and you are out of contention, this is a guy I'd be looking to buy from a team in contention.

Just don't expect him to have any more upside than like RB20 or so.  

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Perine is returning this week.  Certainly not somebody I'd be looking to use in week 15 but if you have an available spot on your roster he could be a good stash pre-week 15.  If, in week 15, he gets usage that makes you think he'll have a big role in week 16, you'd rather "beat the waiver wire" by grabbing him now.  To be clear, I'd be surprised if this pans out, but you never know.