NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Reed 2020 Outlook

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t believe I’m starting Jordan Reed tonight. I can’t believe Jordan Reed is still a thing. I feel like the fantasy gods are looking down, shaking their collective heads at me in disappointment. H

Understatement of the century.

Schefter reporting that he won’t be limited, but that he will be injured.

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, FMIII said:

Anyone else willing to burn waiver priority? If so, who is your current TE that you’re willing to make this move ? Trying to see where ppl value Reed vs their current TE

Thinking about going for it in a 14 team league just because of how ugly the wire is and to not let someone else benefit (#2 waiver).  Already got Hockenson, but as a Washington fan I've always loved Reed's talent and think he can eat in SF if he doesn't break his jaw.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

so Ross Dwelley is the play you say?

Reed is practicing and is eligible to return. They could activate him before TNF and he’d be good to go. 

If he stays on IR then yes, Dwelley is the guy. We won’t have resolution before waivers run. 

Edited by MingusDew
  • Like 1

I drafted Kittle over Kelce and I'm a big Redskins fan. I doubt anybody will outbid me for him. I expect top 5 production from him until he breaks something again after a couple weeks. Imagine if he stayed healthy though. His former coach who loves him and possibly the best TE offense in the entire NFL? The upside is high, however the downside is more probable.

• Like 1

I say if you have someone like a goedart who has been injured and is on bye he’s worth a grab. I have home as my #1 target but i doubt i get him. 
i have #6 priority 

if you can get him while still having another te as a back up plan it’s worth it 

I spent 0.8 % of my FAB on him just for reference as a Kittle owner. Nobody else even bid on him. Whoops. I'm a big Redskins fan though so the loyalty may have increased my bid. I honestly think a healthy Reed may be better than Kittle in this offense but a healthy Reed is an oxymoron. Kittle is the second tight end off the board next year though. 

49 minutes ago, collucho said:

Scooped him threw him in the IR real quick.

Imagine if he stays healthy? A healthy Reed might be better than Kittle. I have followed Shannahan, Reed, and Kittle their whole careers very closely. I wouldn't bet on Reed staying full strength, it's unfortunate... but if he did, in this offense, he will explode. 

14 hours ago, FMIII said:

Anyone else willing to burn waiver priority? If so, who is your current TE that you’re willing to make this move ? Trying to see where ppl value Reed vs their current TE

Did with Gesicki and did with Jonu.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, codyodea said:

Did with Gesicki and did with Jonu.

Same, still don't feel confident starting Reed over Jonnu yet...but could easily value him more over someone like that and these other TD-dependent options if he comes back and gets some good targets. I'm thinking with every other position banged up as well he might get a healthy target share, which is hard to come by with tight ends this year. Low risk pick up that could pay off if you have the roster space.

2 hours ago, zorndogs said:

Imagine if he stays healthy? A healthy Reed might be better than Kittle. I have followed Shannahan, Reed, and Kittle their whole careers very closely. I wouldn't bet on Reed staying full strength, it's unfortunate... but if he did, in this offense, he will explode. 

I disagree with this statement but if Reed is healthy  (huge huge huge HUGE "if") he's stepping in to a great situation. TE friendly offense lead by a very good offensive coach, backup QB(s) for the foreseeable future who love throwing to their TE, pretty much every other receiver is injured. He's a great receiving TE with big production in his past. He just can't stay healthy. Best case scenario is you'll get 3-4 very good games out of him. Of course he could also get injured in the 1st quarter of the first game you start him. Given his past and the 49ers injury curse this season he'll probably...spontaneously combust on the field or something. 

• Like 1